Overclock.net banner

5221 - 5240 of 5864 Posts

·
Facepalm
8,611 Posts
It's "25" for China right? The "25" cards are the ones able to pull >85W from PCIE and >161W from the 8 pins?

If this is the case, technically depending on where the internal power limit rails trigger at, that card is capable of at least 568W if all the rails are balanced out.

·
Registered
708 Posts
my FE already clocks better than my previous ftw3 ultra.

unfortunately the byksky block they sent me is for ref cards, even though I ordered for FE cards.

waiting on a block now.

·
Registered
216 Posts
On average, the 9900ks will be better for gaming. I'm basing this off of a TechGage benchmark of the RTX 3080 that they did when it came out on their 10900k system and then their benchmark of the 6800 XT, which also re-tested the RTX 3080 on their new 5950x test bed. Horizon Zero Dawn and Total War: Three Kingdoms were 1% faster on the 5950x. CSGO was 11% faster on the 5950x. But the 10900k was 3% faster in Rainbow Six Siege, 5% faster in Monster Hunter: World, 24% faster in Destiny 2, and 23% faster in Borderlands 3. So for pure gaming, it seems Intel is still in the lead. These were tests done at 4K, not 1080p. Although for all I know the extra 2 cores on the 10900k might mean your results will be different with the 9900ks.
The TechGage benchmarks were done done on a 3200 RAM and they didn't even mention of they were using CL14 or CL16. Aside from that, the Curve Optimizer OC feature of Zen 3 will just add to its advantage. I have a 5800x and I haven't seen any overclocked 10900k beat my frame rates in BFV and Warzone at 1440p with my 3090. I would say it's even with a 10900k but consumes a lot less power (110w vs 325w). I am using 3800CL16 ram with curve optimized at -20. When I'm running at 3600 CL16, my framerates and GPU utilization dip a bit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Has anyone got coil whine boost after installing EK Vector Strix water block + EK Vector Strix Backplate on RTX 3090 Strix??

Mine got crazy coil whine(very loud and it is worse than stock cooler) after installing both water block and back plate.

So I put 2mm thermal pad on right capacitor and it reduce coil whine but still worse than stock cooler(full load , 0% fan speed to test the coil whine noise)

Is there anyone who is using Strix with water block but not EK ?? If there is anyone what brand and how is your coil whine noise?
I have an identical setup to you with Strix and EK block plus backplate. Also have pretty bad coil whine.

Out of curiosity what temps are you seeing running Port Royal? I have a decent amount of rad space (3x360) and I am hitting 50 degrees on the GPU core just on the benchmark without heat soaking the water. Seems too hot when I had 2080 ti blocks in the past that were more like 41 or 42 after really long heat soaking gaming sessions.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

Messing around with IR camera. Memory chips go hissssssssss. FWIW I don't see any issues around the PCIE slot itself or the 8 pin connectors. This is still a stock 375W TUF.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
The TechGage benchmarks were done done on a 3200 RAM and they didn't even mention of they were using CL14 or CL16. Aside from that, the Curve Optimizer OC feature of Zen 3 will just add to its advantage. I have a 5800x and I haven't seen any overclocked 10900k beat my frame rates in BFV and Warzone at 1440p with my 3090. I would say it's even with a 10900k but consumes a lot less power (110w vs 325w). I am using 3800CL16 ram with curve optimized at -20. When I'm running at 3600 CL16, my framerates and GPU utilization dip a bit.
Tell us what map in battlefield an what settings in Battlefield V :)

If you can post a video ingame with fpscounter, it will help others to compare :)

·
everywhere and nowhere
305 Posts
Thanks for the valuable input! :)

What motherboard? Debating getting Asus Dark Hero or "normal" C8Hero ie. is Asus DOS OC feature worth it for gaming or not basically.

On this topic, very very interesting article:

Also, this:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an identical setup to you with Strix and EK block plus backplate. Also have pretty bad coil whine.

Out of curiosity what temps are you seeing running Port Royal? I have a decent amount of rad space (3x360) and I am hitting 50 degrees on the GPU core just on the benchmark without heat soaking the water. Seems too hot when I had 2080 ti blocks in the past that were more like 41 or 42 after really long heat soaking gaming sessions.
I am using MORA 360 Pro Radiator and on Time Spy bench my GPU hit around 42-43. ON Assassin Creed Valhalla it hit around 47 since it is summer in Australia.

I am very happy with the tem and stable boost which is 2070 but coil whine is my concern. So I might buy another block when it comes out

·
Watercooling
245 Posts
Holy ****!

2x 420 rads with noctua A14. i used crossflow rads so i do not have so much tubing in my case. first time build :D
but i still have a temp delta of 15° water->gpu. will repaste my card with kyronaut and see if it makes a difference.

View attachment 2466218

also moved a bit up in the ladder, PR 14975

Looks nice mate, those crossflow rads really do simplify the tube runs, Never used them myself but maybe in my next build :)

I should clarify, my temps above with the 2080ti are gaming temps (Division 2) not benching which is probably going to create a bigger delta gpu > water.

I don't think your 15c delta is actually too bad and 2 x 420 should be plenty of rad to cool that set up (I have 2 x 360). Do you have good flow rates?

I am waiting on my Aplhacool block to come, it was due to ship in a couple of days but now the site says 5th Dec.I am itching to test it in my loop but I'll just have to be patient. I'll post here once I get some results.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
What was the whole point of bragging about having a XOC bios for the 3090 here in this forum, without sharing it? @escapee :unsure:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am using MORA 360 Pro Radiator and on Time Spy bench my GPU hit around 42-43. ON Assassin Creed Valhalla it hit around 47 since it is summer in Australia.

I am very happy with the tem and stable boost which is 2070 but coil whine is my concern. So I might buy another block when it comes out
Thanks. I'll do some more testing with heatsoaking, but wondering if I have a bad mount. Anyone else with an EK block (Strix or otherwise) care to give some other temps data points before I have to tear this thing down again?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Finally my shunt worked. I did a thin coat and my clocks barely drop below 2040 on my FE. I replaced the paste with grizzly and some of the thermo pads with grizzly pads as well. Im going to apply a thicker coat because I am still hitting a power limit. However, Im still getting my KP. This FE will make someone happy when I sell it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Tell us what map in battlefield an what settings in Battlefield V :)

If you can post a video ingame with fpscounter, it will help others to compare :)
Zen3 5800x, Warzone 95-98% GPU Utilization even indoors, 1440p, high

Zen3 5800x, BFV - Ultra, RTX Off, 1440p, DX12

Please let me know how they compare to your 10900K overclocked. My main goal in upgrading to the 5800x is to be able to at least minimize the CPU bottleneck on my 3090 and high FPS at 1440p since I play at 240hz.

@shiokarai Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master, sorry I have zero knowledge on ASUS boards. hehe

·
Premium Member
140 Posts

My temps are much lower with the same gpu and block/backplate. I idle in the very low 20s. Under full load with a 500w bios I see temps generally in the mid to high 30s depending on ambient, highest I have seen is 40c. Ambient is low to mid 20s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
19 Posts
anyone found this 1000watt galaxy 3090 bios yet?!

·
Facepalm
8,611 Posts
Finally my shunt worked. I did a thin coat and my clocks barely drop below 2040 on my FE. I replaced the paste with grizzly and some of the thermo pads with grizzly pads as well. Im going to apply a thicker coat because I am still hitting a power limit. However, Im still getting my KP. This FE will make someone happy when I sell it.

What did you do differently than before?

5221 - 5240 of 5864 Posts