Overclock.net banner

5801 - 5820 of 10460 Posts

·
SAY AMBIENT AGAIN! SAY IT
60 Posts
I have a FTW3 Ultra and a Strix OC, both sealed. Which one should be the best for overclocking under water? I will return one of them, don't know which one to open haha.
Get the strix, the FTW3/Ultra seem to have some sort of bug. EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA - EVGA Forums
Can the Asus Strix gaming (Not the OC version) can be flashed with 500 FTW3 bios ?
What is the reference of this bios ?

is it this one ?
Check this post: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 XOC BIOS BETA - EVGA Forums

·
Rig Advisor
2,873 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Not mean coz 5 customer complain about a ftw3 after they already sold 2000 card, all card have a bug or a problem, dont do missinformation, i saw some complain about the strix too if you read too.

With my ftw3 i can clock my memory at +1200 +180 on gpu and even more, i dont think its bad at all and this on air. HyperMatrix sold is strix coz its underperforming, is the strix have a bug ? NO

·
Registered
651 Posts
Is that at 100% fans? Which Bios? I’ll try that now.
100 % fan and try with the original bios before anything, close all back ground program before do ur test.
After you got ur score do the run again with gpuz open and look at the total power draw after ur test, see the max watt on the pcb board .

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The very first benches coming out on the EVGA forum aren't looking particularly impressive at standard voltages. Granted, one guy is running an ancient cpu + ram but the second guy seemed competent and didn't get anything impressive that indicates any meaningful binning. I stand by the assertion that the only benefit of KPE this gen is a great AIO cooler, and easy persistent software voltage offset + mem and cache clock adjustment. Still some great benefits for 200$ over strix, but there's a reason it is only 200$ more and that reason is no binning.
First off it’s only $100 more than the Strix. Secondly, I think people are misunderstanding binning. There are varying degrees of binning. No one is saying the KPEs have been binned to hit 2200MHz. Even if they’re binned for an average of 30MHz over the average card, that’s still a binned card. Doesn’t guarantee 2200MHz but still leaves you with a higher chance of getting there than with a non-binned card.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I dont think kingpin is binned, BUT ITS FULL UNLOCK on gpu core for ln2 thats it.
Kingpin score around 15100 port royal with is 360mm rad, you can do around this with a waterblock on other card i think. Thats mean, if you dont plan do ln2 its verry expensive and like me, i have my water loop and not sure i can fit another 360mm at some place. Me i just want a waterblock for my ftw3 and i dont think about the kingpin.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I dont think kingpin is binned, BUT ITS FULL UNLOCK on gpu core for ln2 thats it.
Kingpin score around 15100 port royal with is 360mm rad, you can do around this with a waterblock on other card i think. Thats mean, if you dont plan do ln2 its verry expensive and like me, i have my water loop and not sure i can fit another 360mm at some place. Me i just want a waterblock for my ftw3 and i dont think about the kingpin.
My shuntmodded 3090 strix does 15k port royal on stock cooler. Ps: not recomended to run daily, but i had to try the aircooler too.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
That Would makes this the first non binned kingpin card made. It’s possible. But I’d need proof. Gotta wait for OC result average from owners with regard to voltage required for clock speeds

·
Registered
651 Posts
That Would makes this the first non binned kingpin card made. It’s possible. But I’d need proof. Gotta wait for OC result average from owners with regard to voltage required for clock speeds
I say that coz when gamer nexus and jay2cent ln2 those kingpin, Vicent (kingpin man) said : i ive test 3 x kingpin 1 do 16500 and the other 2 ive sent you do 17000+ on ln2. So Vincent said not all kingpin will overclock the same.

And can you tell me how they can know what card will be the best overclocker on ln2 ? From what you say they test all card produce with ln2 ? lol. Its clear even the kingpin card won't clock at same speed before crash. In all this we can see markething on all product on earth.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Ya nice score dude but but before you shunt ur strix, what was the score of ur card ?
Don't remember, but about 14300-14500

·
Registered
651 Posts
Another thing its even you mod ur pcb and ur card can draw 10 000 watt of power, you wont clock higher at some temperature. At 35C you wont ever draw the power your card can do, you need go ln2 to find the end of the overclocking capabilities of any gpu. So all in all a 3090 is a 3090.

5801 - 5820 of 10460 Posts