Overclock.net banner

5821 - 5840 of 10706 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Don't remember, but about 14300-14500
Ya its good too but not much difference, for this i dont know if i will try do something with mine, maybe i will just put waterblock and keep it like this.

I have the resistor in my hand but it can happen i wont use it hehehe.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow you have a beast of card dude ! Are you happy now ?
Yes :) I’m going to be putting the Hybrid Cooler on it when it becomes available. I knew there was something wrong, and turns out it was the shadow play recording in the background. Going to try the memory a little higher

·
High Clocker
3,638 Posts
EVGA has said they are "Cherry picking dies". While thats not really binning since binning would be sorting them from best to worse to go into there product stack. They do say they test them at 2.1ghz in there chip tester before they are attached to the PCB. So all your really getting is more of a garantee your not going to get a super dud that wont go over 2ghz.

Iv been playing with the KFA2 bios over the weekend on my XC3 and that IMO is the best 2 plug bios out at the moment.
350-390W, All DP ports should work for every one. Has a 18 phase design so power balance is better for the entry level cards.
Managed to get 4 more points then my best run on the gigabyte gaming oc bios, even tho average clock speed was down 25mhz

• Rep+
Reactions: long2905

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yes :) I’m going to be putting the Hybrid Cooler on it when it becomes available. I knew there was something wrong, and turns out it was the shadow play recording in the background. Going to try the memory a little higher
I clic auto notify for the hybrid cooler too, but i dont think i will buy it, coz from all i see with a hydrid cooler you wont clock much higher coz temp still a bit high, not like a real waterblock, me i have already a loop on my system, for someone who dont have then ya its better then nothing .
I really not sure i will buy the hibrid cooler, i keep thinking about it.

You beat my score in port royal, iam not so happy with this hehehehe :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I clic auto notify for the hybrid cooler too, but i dont think i will buy it, coz from all i see with a hydrid cooler you wont clock much higher coz temp still a bit high, not like a real waterblock, me i have already a loop on my system, for someone who dont have then ya its better then nothing .
I really not sure i will buy the hibrid cooler, i keep thinking about it.

You beat my score in port royal, iam not so happy with this hehehehe :)
Its more for noise than anything for me. This thing gets a little loud in my case for my liking.

over 22000 in Timespy for graphics

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm newish to hardware modding, so forgive my ignorance but does anyone know what the hell these are, if they can be easily lowered in resistance, etc? Don't know how I would go about finding the spec sheet for one either. BZ just skips right over them and TiN never talks about them in guide. :(
Looks like a 2W shunt resistor instead of the standard 1W ones we're used to. They probably widened out the traces on the power planes so they needed a wider shunt.

• Rep+
Reactions: Chamidorix

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
EVGA has said they are "Cherry picking dies". While thats not really binning since binning would be sorting them from best to worse to go into there product stack. They do say they test them at 2.1ghz in there chip tester before they are attached to the PCB. So all your really getting is more of a garantee your not going to get a super dud that wont go over 2ghz.
I'll LOL when the launch a KPE Classified in a few months along with the 3080Ti that has some true freak-ish binning which is a whole different class than "dud vs. not dud" binning.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Guys, I think its abundantly clear that the 3090 Kingpin is the greatest card there is, was, or ever will be. This will become apparent once I take delivery of mine.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Its more for noise than anything for me. This thing gets a little loud in my case for my liking.

over 22000 in Timespy for graphics

Hey dont stuck with fan at 100% dude, you can apply ur manual fan curve and this is what i do 1000rpm on 2D deskdrop and goes to 80% at 65c then 100% at 80c.

I didnt ear the fan from my card coz i ear the fan from my front 280mm rad before and this rad have industrial Nocthua 140mm.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Iv been playing with the KFA2 bios over the weekend on my XC3 and that IMO is the best 2 plug bios out at the moment.
350-390W, All DP ports should work for every one. Has a 18 phase design so power balance is better for the entry level cards.
Managed to get 4 more points then my best run on the gigabyte gaming oc bios, even tho average clock speed was down 25mhz
I have a similar experience with the KFA2 bios. the card seems to be more stable at higher clock and the fans run at their correct speed and keep the card cool-ish compared to the Gaming OC bios. Havent attempted to push my PR score with it though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey dont stuck with fan at 100% dude, you can apply ur manual fan curve and this is what i do 1000rpm on 2D deskdrop and goes to 80% at 65c then 100% at 80c.

I didnt ear the fan from my card coz i ear the fan from my front 280mm rad before and this rad have industrial Nocthua 140mm.
Oh I don’t that is only for benching

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys, can I join your club? I also have 3090 :)
Question, whats the best Bios to flash on x2 PCIe powered 3090? Im water cooling MSI Ventus OC, I unpacked it today to see the power meter and its just 100% max, not even doing 102% like TRIO X does.
So which is the recommended Bios for such card that only has x2 power connectors?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I did +220 on GPU, fans to 100%, no MEM overclock [MSI Ventus OC] and got 13210
This depend of the card you have and if the card already overclock from the reference boost clock speed.
If your boost clock is reference and you add +200 and if your card already oc out of the box and you add +200 then you will get more of the one with the overclocked desing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did +220 on GPU, fans to 100%, no MEM overclock [MSI Ventus OC] and got 13210
Default vbios, I did 115 gpu, 300 on mem, fans at 85% and got 13,456 in PR, 18,328 in TS.

To answer you about Ventus vbios, it was suggested to me to try the KFA2. I tried Gigabyte Gaming OC last night and it crashed with any game I tried. I had stable TS and PR runs though.... added about 200-300 to my scores. Went back to original bios so I could game. I'll probably try the KFA2 vbios tonight.

·
Old School Overclocker !
336 Posts
Guys for your information there is only 2 rtx 3090 video cards with XOC bios fully unlocked to 1000w. Asus Strix XOC 1000w fully unlocked and kingpin 1000w fully unlocked bios. Good luck trying to get any of this as they are impossible to get , i tried my best to get either one but they are not giving this Bios away except for a few Top overclockers in the world for big PR stunts running on Ln2 and you will have to sign nda and can be sued if you leak the bios. I did ask the right people as i used to be sponsor by Asus long time ago when i was doing lots of ln2 overclocking , but no luck they are holding this Bios very tight. The kingpin Bios there is only one person you can ask for this Bios Vince itself ( kingpin ) , but again no way he is releasing this bios to anyone.

My 2 cents ! :)

5821 - 5840 of 10706 Posts