Overclock.net banner

5841 - 5857 of 5857 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
I think a bios can be mod with some program like KeplerBiosTweaker but i dont know anything about that hehehe.
One thing for sure company edit there bios and this can be change or edit like the evga xoc bios up to 500w, they just edit the bios, so its sure someone can do this, you just need find who :)

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Guys for your information there is only 2 rtx 3090 video cards with XOC bios fully unlocked to 1000w. Asus Strix XOC 1000w fully unlocked and kingpin 1000w fully unlocked bios. Good luck trying to get any of this as they are impossible to get , i tried my best to get either one but they are not giving this Bios away except for a few Top overclockers in the world for big PR stunts running on Ln2 and you will have to sign nda and can be sued if you leak the bios. I did ask the right people as i used to be sponsor by Asus long time ago when i was doing lots of ln2 overclocking , but no luck they are holding this Bios very tight. The kingpin Bios there is only one person you can ask for this Bios Vince itself ( kingpin ) , but again no way he is releasing this bios to anyone.

My 2 cents ! :)
Kingpin said the bios would be released on a forum. He said this before about the 2080ti and it ended up on TiN’s website. There will be more Kingpins available in December. You just need to either keep an eye on Jacob’s Twitter or the EVGA forums.

• Rep+
Reactions: chispy

·
Just another nerd
5,745 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've been following that thread since they released the 500W BIOS. I passed on the FTW3 when I got the invite to buy, and went with the Strix. It's doing just fine with their 500W BIOS installed. ;)
Lol why am i running the strix bios on my ftw? I must not be doing fine

·
High Clocker
3,428 Posts
I think a bios can be mod with some program like KeplerBiosTweaker but i dont know anything about that hehehe.
One thing for sure company edit there bios and this can be change or edit like the evga xoc bios up to 500w, they just edit the bios, so its sure someone can do this, you just need find who :)
Editing the bios is the easy bit.
Signing it again is the bit that cant be done so NVFlash rejects any file you edit since its not signed by Nvidia anymore.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone tried the 390W KFA2 vbios? It is still under the unverified section, so I am a bit hesitant.

·
High Clocker
3,428 Posts
Has anyone tried the 390W KFA2 vbios? It is still under the unverified section, so I am a bit hesitant.
Posted my results on it back a page.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay, i got my 3090 tuf to stop crashing without downclocking it. I downloaded the driver removal from 3dguru. And I did a safe mode uninstall. And reinstalled the drivers. I got abut 10% more performance in doom eternal. And it doesn't crash anymore. At first instal, I just used the Nvidia removal and it didn't remove the reg files. I have yet tried to overclock it. I kinda don't want to or need atm. But it boosted to 1980 stock. And stays around 1920-1860 ish in game.

·
Registered
45 Posts
so im happy to report that my 3d printed air funel makes my strix fully stable on air 2085mhz 480watt @ 66c max during more than an hour in Control which was maxing my card none stop

·
Registered
186 Posts
Guys for your information there is only 2 rtx 3090 video cards with XOC bios fully unlocked to 1000w. Asus Strix XOC 1000w fully unlocked and kingpin 1000w fully unlocked bios. Good luck trying to get any of this as they are impossible to get , i tried my best to get either one but they are not giving this Bios away except for a few Top overclockers in the world for big PR stunts running on Ln2 and you will have to sign nda and can be sued if you leak the bios. I did ask the right people as i used to be sponsor by Asus long time ago when i was doing lots of ln2 overclocking , but no luck they are holding this Bios very tight. The kingpin Bios there is only one person you can ask for this Bios Vince itself ( kingpin ) , but again no way he is releasing this bios to anyone.

My 2 cents ! :)
The same rules Applied for pascal and Turing, but there is always someone that are willing to share the bios like they did with Turing and Pascal. Sooner or later it will show up. But I don’t see the point if you not are planning to do LN2 since most of security features is disabled. I’d rather shunt the card with stock bios, then you at least have the over current and over heating protection

·
Old School Overclocker !
271 Posts
The same rules Applied for pascal and Turing, but there is always someone that are willing to share the bios like they did with Turing and Pascal. Sooner or later it will show up. But I don’t see the point if you not are planning to do LN2 since most of security features is disabled. I’d rather shunt the card with stock bios, then you at least have the over current and over heating protection

Exactly amigo , hence why i shunt moded my cards because i do know it will be almost impossible to get this XOC bios from Asus and evga. Anyhow we do not need it anymore if you have shunt your card :)

Kind Regards: chispy

·
Slovak_Killer
295 Posts
Guys, I think its abundantly clear that the 3090 Kingpin is the greatest card there is, was, or ever will be. This will become apparent once I take delivery of mine.
disagree, Galax OC Lab are best :p

• Rep+
Reactions: chispy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Getting great TS results with the KFA2 vbios, however not stable in any games with OC that makes the card go over 2Ghz. Works just fine with original vbios. Guess I'm stuck @ 350W with this card.

5841 - 5857 of 5857 Posts