Overclock.net banner

6181 - 6200 of 12815 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts

Looks like more scalping by Asus. $2400 for a non XOC card.
You call that scalping? That's nothing. Check this out. Bastard won't even give you next day shipping. Lol.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
You call that scalping? That's nothing. Check this out. Bastard won't even give you next day shipping. Lol.

That card has been up for several days. It won’t sell at that price.

It’s less excusable when the manufacturer is scalping by charging more for a white shroud. Then again the “Republic of Gamerz” will no doubt go crazy for that white Strix.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Classified tool

• Rep+
Reactions: ExDarkxH

·
Banned
177 Posts
Classified tool
This the offical one for 3090 kingpin :oops: ???

I wish i could try it out but im at work

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Supposedly. It was shared on the EVGA forums.

• Rep+
Reactions: ExDarkxH

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

Don't suppose you know which pads go where? I can use the teardown from GN but it's not clear what size is where apart from the one time I think he mentions the size of the pads he just took off. As it's going back to the supplier I really want it to be right so there can't be any "you used the wrong pads and that's why its doing this"
I used 3mm and 2mm for my card. 3mm everywhere, and 2mm on the shorter column of VRMs to the left of the chip.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Classified tool
Definitely doesn't control core voltage on a Strix :( I tried it at the desktop and under load, didn't do anything.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What delta core/water temp are ppl getting on their 3090s under load on average?

Still waiting for the Aquacomputer Strix block, which is supposed to ship in a few days and would like to compare it to EK and Bykski as I haven't seen any review yet.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm getting 14.4k PR 60C air. Have 3900x and cl16 3200Mhz ram. Will upgrading cpu and ram give higher scores for PR? I want to break 15k

·
Registered
308 Posts
What delta core/water temp are ppl getting on their 3090s under load on average?

Still waiting for the Aquacomputer Strix block, which is supposed to ship in a few days and would like to compare it to EK and Bykski as I haven't seen any review yet.
15-17C on a Strix Bykski block mounted with Kryonaut pulling 520W.

My MSI 2080Ti with a factory mounted EK block was more like 25C delta pulling 150W less so this is a HUGE improvement, but it had a known issue where the posts were too long and made poor die contact.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

Best way how to measure delta is idle and load temperatures, in my case is 10-12°C and Aquacomputer Kryographics RTX 2080Ti waterblock have delta something like 6-8°C in my case

If I measure core and water temperature then its incomparable because my water temperature usually is around 20-22°C and my Palit RTX 3090 GamingPro wity Bykski RTX 3090 waterblock would get as max to 30-32°C, highest temperature I have seen 34°C

Bykski for money is great waterblock, I'm very surprised by temperatures which I'm getting with that waterblock

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can only refer to my 2080ti which at 330 watts had an 8c delta with an Watercool Heatkiller IV and was basically never exceeding 40C core temp so this just seems like a bigger delta to me than Turing was, on the other hand it was pulling less power.

34 is super low but I guess that you must be running a chiller then.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I can only refer to my 2080ti which at 330 watts had an 8c delta with an Watercool Heatkiller IV and was basically never exceeding 40C core temp so this just seems like a bigger delta to me than Turing was, on the other hand it was pulling less power.

34 is super low but I guess that you must be running a chiller then.
Wish I'm running chiller there, I'm just running 4*360mm radiators plus MO-ra3 360mm with 3*GPUs setup(2*RTX 2080Ti and RTX 3090 in same loop) and temperatures on all GPUs in rendering are in 33-36°C(Asus RTX 2080Ti Strix runs hottest from all GPUs because is running EKWB Vector RTX 2080Ti Strix waterblock), water delta T usually in gaming or rendering is in 2-4°C and in benchmarks usually is in 1-2°C

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

·
Registered
85 Posts
This may be a dumb question but hopefully an easy one to answer: if I constantly crash when boosting to 2100mhz or higher in Port Royal on 100% air fans averaging 60-65c, will I be able to boost higher if I go under water and drop temps by like 15c? Or is the crashing due to silicon quality and so even if I reduce temps I won’t be able to score any better if I’d still crash at 2100?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
This may be a dumb question but hopefully an easy one to answer: if I constantly crash when boosting to 2100mhz or higher in Port Royal on 100% air fans averaging 60-65c, will I be able to boost higher if I go under water and drop temps by like 15c? Or is the crashing due to silicon quality and so even if I reduce temps I won’t be able to score any better if I’d still crash at 2100?
Above 50-52C appears to be the point of thermal throttling with Ampere. If you're only crashing when you get to 60-65C, then yes a water block that keeps you under 50C should allow you to clock even a bit higher than 2100MHz assuming you're not power limited.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Above 50-52C appears to be the point of thermal throttling with Ampere. If you're only crashing when you get to 60-65C, then yes a water block that keeps you under 50C should allow you to clock even a bit higher than 2100MHz assuming you're not power limited.
Definitely not power limited for my needs, just threw the KP bios on my FTW3 Ultra with only the PCIe slot shunted and am pulling about 560w which is all I want since I’m in a SFFPC. Planning on throwing on the hybrid kit to drop temps a bit and call it a day. Thanks!

·
Registered
308 Posts
You won't be able to boost higher stably, but you will be able to maintain your max stable clock (unless you're power limited too).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wish I'm running chiller there, I'm just running 4*360mm radiators plus MO-ra3 360mm with 3*GPUs setup(2*RTX 2080Ti and RTX 3090 in same loop) and temperatures on all GPUs in rendering are in 33-36°C(Asus RTX 2080Ti Strix runs hottest from all GPUs because is running EKWB Vector RTX 2080Ti Strix waterblock), water delta T usually in gaming or rendering is in 2-4°C and in benchmarks usually is in 1-2°C

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura
Very interesting, thank you. As I also just bought a Mo-Ra3 420, but haven't used it yet as I am waiting for the 3090 Strix block.

I expected the MoRa to be a great radiator, but I did not expect it to give you such great temperatures. May I ask what pump config you are running for this loop?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Very interesting, thank you. As I also just bought a Mo-Ra3 420, but haven't used it yet as I am waiting for the 3090 Strix block.

I expected the MoRa to be a great radiator, but I did not expect it to give you such great temperatures. May I ask what pump config you are running for this loop?
Yes I agree, Mo-ra3 radiators are great radiators for money for sure, my case is Caselabs M8 with pedestal and I'm running 4xD5 pumps but in your case you should be okay with maybe 2 pump setup or maybe one pump will be more than enough

Other radiators I have in my loop are 2x HWLabs SR-2 360mm and 2x HWLabs GTS360 at pedestal and fans I'm running on all radiators in 650-750RPM as max

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

6181 - 6200 of 12815 Posts