Overclock.net banner

14801 - 14820 of 15126 Posts

·
Linux Noob
1,127 Posts
Linus did it too. FYI.
Yeah. Okay. But was he serious or just doing an experiment for his many fans?
No offense, but I'm just not buying that it would take such drastic measures to outscore you in Time Spy.
There's always a faster card, a more efficient motherboard, a higher grade CPU, a more experienced overclocker, etc... out there.

BTW, Is there a reason you haven't 'hidden' some of your lesser scores?
You're got like 20 in the Top 100 list for your CPU/GPU combo.
Leaving just your fastest couple would prove how awesomely fast your PC is in Time Spy.
Why not give others some space to post theirs as well?
Serious question. Why do some people have so many listed?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
No offense, but I'm just not buying that it would take such drastic measures to outscore you in Time Spy.
There's always a faster card, a more efficient motherboard, a higher grade CPU, a more experienced overclocker, etc... out there.

Leaving just your fastest couple would prove how awesomely fast your PC is in Time Spy.
I genuinely had no idea you could hide a run lmao. Probably have like 10 runs all smooshed together there.

·
Registered
202 Posts

They're not outscoring me personally. They're doing overclocking as hobby. It's not drastic. It's simple to hook up your PC to a tap.

What do you mean "lesser" scores?

Scores will be close to each other anyway, because there always is variation. Once you get 23000 then another run you get 23700 in GPU in TimeSpy.

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
Lol I understand the concept of industrial cooling. Was merely responding to a specific claim that "people" above him in the PR hof are using tap water for cooling and I am asking how many.
Yeah, you know the game. Most tap water is in the 10C range - helpful, not really enough to keep the card below the first T-clock bin drop under benching loads.
My Koolance EXC-800 chiller does 1C and the various aquarium chillers I have get down to about 10C but can't sustain that under load. Lol, all these "benchers" chasing HOF: Just loop in a 360 rad and sink it in a bucket of ice water. Easy.

ITDiva use to us these in her (amazing) builds.

Guys - if any of the HOF entries you are jumping thru hoops to beat are posted on HWBOT, the entry will be labeled as "Ambient", "Chilled" or "LN2/Phase".

• Rep+
Reactions: J7SC

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Yeah, you know the game. Most tap water is in the 10C range - helpful, not really enough to keep the card below the first T-clock bin drop under benching loads.
My Koolance EXC-800 chiller does 1C and the various aquarium chillers I have get down to about 10C but can't sustain that under load. Lol, all these "benchers" chasing HOF: Just loop in a 360 rad and sink it in a bucket of ice water. Easy.

Guys - if any of the HOF entries you are jumping thru hoops to beat are posted on HWBOT, the entry will be labeled as "Ambient", "Chilled" or "LN2/Phase".
Right, exactly. Why anyone would use tap water is genuinely beyond me. Better ways to achieve the same or better results (without shoving who knows how hard water through your loop). Hence why I said most of the people in the 0-20c range are either using a chiller or just taking the pc outside during winter (like I did).

And yeah, I know about heat exchangers. I had considered using them for wintertime loops but really don't feel like dealing with the inevitable condensation that can occur ok the pc side lowering temps beyond the indoor dew point. If I want to bench when it's cold, I just take the whole rig outside, easy enough and don't have to deal with condensation.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
They're not outscoring me personally. They're doing overclocking as hobby. It's not drastic. It's simple to hook up your PC to a tap.

Scores will be close to each other anyway, because there always is variation. Once you get 23000 then another run you get 23700 in GPU in TimeSpy.
Dude, again, how many "people" are using tap water. Please give us a count. People indicate more than 1 lol.

And you shouldn't be getting such a variation in timespy runs tbh.

He's just pointing out that people, even on ambiant air, have higher scores than you. Just a fact of the matter is all.

Highest TS graphics score I could fine of yours was 23400. Here is mine at ambiant @ 23746:

I'm sure there are others above me at ambiant as well.

·
Linux Noob
1,127 Posts

I don't believe it takes running tap water through a loop to reach higher graphic scores than you. Is that better?
Lesser scores = lower scores.

My question is:
If you run a benchmark 100 times, why show all 100 scores on the list?
Why not just show the top 2 or 3 and hide or delete the lower scores from the list?

@jomama22 Just gave his answer. He didn't realize there was a Hide function.
Some of the Top 100 scores list are populated by the same 10 guys showing 5-15 scores.

Just wonder why no one thinks to hide older scores.

Nothing really wrong with it, unless number 101 is a member here and I might be prompted to inquire as to how they got such a high score with a cheap motherboard and a Zotac GPU or something.

Not a big deal. Pondered this question yesterday while mulching the flower beds. Just curious.

·
Invalid Media
3,870 Posts

...thanks for the Koolance heat exchanger link - I might just get one of those (3/8 fitting on those would need an adapter for my builds though). I used to mess around with HWBot / sub zero, and even on ambient managed to get into the top 20 at HoF for the odd bench (ie PR) for a while. These days, I prefer ambient w/ 'big water' to be as close to 'stock / productivity' usage of the system as is possible. Smudging Vaseline or liquid electrical tape all over a new mobo or gpu to insulate for sub-zero was never that much fun...

·
Registered
394 Posts
can you show your curve setting? wanna see where you guys push your curves thanks
I have mine at 2205 @ 1063mv and limit max boost with nvidia-smi at 2145.

I also did play alot at 2175 core 1093mv before but now +1500 mem is enough to re-gain those fps at lower core freq.

Usually I try to limit power at/bellow 500w where the ek block delta is good 11c-13c and because the Zotac core vrm works really hard past 500w.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I don't believe it takes running tap water through a loop to reach higher graphic scores than you. Is that better?
Lesser scores = lower scores.

My question is:
If you run a benchmark 100 times, why show all 100 scores on the list?
Why not just show the top 2 or 3 and hide or delete the lower scores from the list?

@jomama22 Just gave his answer. He didn't realize there was a Hide function.
Some of the Top 100 scores list are populated by the same 10 guys showing 5-15 scores.

Just wonder why no one thinks to hide older scores.

Nothing really wrong with it, unless number 101 is a member here and I might be prompted to inquire as to how they got such a high score with a cheap motherboard and a Zotac GPU or something.

Not a big deal. Pondered this question yesterday while mulching the flower beds. Just curious.
Worst case, you can just use the slider at the top of the results page.

I genuinely just add them to online so I have some sort of repository to go back on.

·
Registered
39 Posts

View the list in leaderboard mode

·
Linux Noob
1,127 Posts
Worst case, you can just use the slider at the top of the results page.

I genuinely just add them to online so I have some sort of repository to go back on.
But you already have a repository if you're logged in under My Results broken out by benchmark, even when they're Hidden from the official Top 100 list.

Not a big deal. Really just pointing out that there is a Hide Result function and it allows more people to show in the Top 100 lists.

• Rep+
Reactions: TheNaitsyrk

·
Registered
39 Posts
But you already have a repository if you're logged in under My Results broken out by benchmark, even when they're Hidden from the official Top 100 list.

Not a big deal. Really just pointing out that there is a Hide Result function and it allows more people to show in the Top 100 lists.
Yes I’m aware. It’s tedious to hide them all individually, unless you can select multiple to hide, I’m unaware of this.

·
OC...D
28,198 Posts
...thanks for the Koolance heat exchanger link - I might just get one of those (3/8 fitting on those would need an adapter for my builds though). I used to mess around with HWBot / sub zero, and even on ambient managed to get into the top 20 at HoF for the odd bench (ie PR) for a while. These days, I prefer ambient w/ 'big water' to be as close to 'stock / productivity' usage of the system as is possible. Smudging Vaseline or liquid electrical tape all over a new mobo or gpu to insulate for sub-zero was never that much fun...
even then, ya had to put the board in a hot box to dry it!. I've set benching aside for awhile, but you know "just when you think you are out... they pull you back in". Aka, Goodfella's style! :)

• Rep+
Reactions: J7SC

·
Invalid Media
3,870 Posts

...perhaps this is more a question for 3DM staff itself for their setup, ie. only have the top 3 runs by a user for the same hw combo and benchmark enter the public db. You can't really expect a user to constantly edit their own repository...they are simply doing what the 3DM setup allows for. The user's account itself could keep the rest available in private mode.

...I tend to run most benchies with the network cable disconnected (had a few what appeared to be promising runs freeze, with a Win 10 update kicking in after update delay period had expired...). I then take screenshots which also includes settings software such as GPUz, MSI AB...the auto-save function with a bench saves them anyways for later official uploads if I decide to do so. The problem is only the labeling of the auto-saves, especially if you did a whole bunch of runs in a short time of several different benchmarks. The auto-saved label tag should have more useful info, such as PR15525 or so, in the file name

even then, ya had to put the board in a hot box to dry it!. I've set benching aside for awhile, but you know "just when you think you are out... they pull you back in". Aka, Goodfella's style! :)
...know exactly what you mean :D , especially if you end up with a decent hardware sample after a new purchase

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dude, again, how many "people" are using tap water. Please give us a count. People indicate more than 1 lol.

He's just pointing out that people, even on ambiant air, have higher scores than you. Just a fact of the matter is all.

Highest TS graphics score I could fine of yours was 23400. Here is mine at ambiant @ 23746:

What BIOS are you running on your card?

·
Registered
202 Posts

I haven't tested this new GPU yet. My previous GIMPED 3090 FTW3 did 23400. I hope this one is better.

My scores always ambient. Never hooked it up to chillers and what not.

Not sure why I'm being attacked here when someone literally said in their benchmark run that they hooked it up to tap water. Just highlighting that I ONLY MENTIONED it and everyone is making a big deal out of this.

And why the "hiding lesser scores" talk came out? I don't understand.

·
Registered
202 Posts

Well done. My one should be around there as well. Clocks 2205Mhz as well.

14801 - 14820 of 15126 Posts