Overclock.net banner

14821 - 14840 of 15134 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
new afterburner let's you use over +1500 now. Don't have it updated, I load evga px1 on the vf curve window and apply the mem offset then close it.
New as in beta or final?

And thanks for that link btw.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm going to hire Sub-Zero for my overclocking endeavors.🤣

Ok Bihan, just hold the radiators.

• Rep+
Reactions: Miguelios

·
Registered
202 Posts
Dude, again, how many "people" are using tap water. Please give us a count. People indicate more than 1 lol.

And you shouldn't be getting such a variation in timespy runs tbh.

He's just pointing out that people, even on ambiant air, have higher scores than you. Just a fact of the matter is all.

Highest TS graphics score I could fine of yours was 23400. Here is mine at ambiant @ 23746:

I'm sure there are others above me at ambiant as well.
By the way, you have Res. bar enabled?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi!
I'd like to give my Zotac 3090 Trinity a little more breathing room and read that you can flash the Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC BIOS onto the Zotac in order to have 390W instead of 350W max. power consumption. The problem now is: which of the three available BIOS versions should I choose, F3, F12 or F61?

Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi!
I'd like to give my Zotac 3090 Trinity a little more breathing room and read that you can flash the Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC BIOS onto the Zotac in order to have 390W instead of 350W max. power consumption. The problem now is: which of the three available BIOS versions should I choose, F3, F12 or F61?
View attachment 2489077
Cheers,
Daniel
I'm running this Galax right now.

Gigabyte guys have reported the newer resize bar Gigabyte bios gimps the power limit. Haven't tested that myself.

·
Linux Noob
1,134 Posts
...perhaps this is more a question for 3DM staff itself for their setup, ie. only have the top 3 runs by a user for the same hw combo and benchmark enter the public db. You can't really expect a user to constantly edit their own repository...they are simply doing what the 3DM setup allows for. The user's account itself could keep the rest available in private mode.

...I tend to run most benchies with the network cable disconnected (had a few what appeared to be promising runs freeze, with a Win 10 update kicking in after update delay period had expired...). I then take screenshots which also includes settings software such as GPUz, MSI AB...the auto-save function with a bench saves them anyways for later official uploads if I decide to do so. The problem is only the labeling of the auto-saves, especially if you did a whole bunch of runs in a short time of several different benchmarks. The auto-saved label tag should have more useful info, such as PR15525 or so, in the file name

It's just something that occurred to me while looking at systems comparable to mine. The list is littered with same people.
I get what you're saying. I run mine online so score verifications are instantaneous and the Hide Result button is right there on the online results page.

I like the top 3 idea. Top 3 per machine/user would be nice. It's pretty much what I do, anyway.
1 good score = Happenstance
2 top scores = Coincidence
3 top scores = Playa!

There's an autohide function, but its an upgrade feature.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi!
View attachment 2489077
Cheers,
Daniel
Hi!
View attachment 2489077
Cheers,
Daniel
just grab the zotac oc rbar vbios from techpower up a few pages back, I posted the link

you get 390w without loosing display ports

gigabyte vbios are super buggy, early one on my zotac had inccorect boost table, micro stutters with high fps games

·
Registered
165 Posts
just grab the zotac oc rbar vbios from techpower up a few pages back, I posted the link

you get 390w without loosing display ports

gigabyte vbios are super buggy, early one on my zotac had inccorect boost table, micro stutters with high fps games
Yea it works well too. I just tested them both yesterday (Galax and Zotac). Galax showed an average power level of 385w while the Zotac 377w as you would expect with the Zotac being 5w less on the PL. Was about 60 pts more in PR (Galax). Haven't tested all ports with it though.

·
Premium Member
-12C DewPoint | 11900K | 2x OC Lab | 2x KP HC | 2x STRIX | Ventus OC | Hero XIII | 5100hz | XPG S70
32 Posts

On the topic, been working on a 6,000w (20,473 btu) chiller setup that should be able to hit -20c (thanks to 3 x 900s and 1x 4,200w chiller)

The coolant can hit -30c. Have two naval grade desiccant dehumidifiers with 2 acs controlling temp and humidity in control room. The pc itself will be in a custom air-tight enclosure (currently being manufactured for me) that will rely on heat exchanging units (this will ensure no air exchange or additional moisture). This is only possible because the chillers will be pulling the majority of heat (all components including psu are watercooled).

Will keep everyone updated once I finalize the Platoon Tekk set and then loop. Regular updates will be here.

If all works out, in theory, can be a “daily” sub-zero setup.

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
Yea it works well too. I just tested them both yesterday (Galax and Zotac). Galax showed an average power level of 385w while the Zotac 377w as you would expect with the Zotac being 5w less on the PL. Was about 60 pts more in PR (Galax). Haven't tested all ports with it though.
If you use a two power connector VBIOS on a three power connector card, will it pull 1/3 more power because you have 3 power connectors?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Normal K|np|n :)
There is K|np|n 1000w with bar into the wild. The big boys want it for them self for a while... That is how it works ;)

Most of them loves to show off that they have it, but don't love to share it...
Vince sent me the link to the original bios when I emailed him. Maybe someone with a Kingpin just needs to ask nicely for the rebar bios.

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
Vince sent me the link to the original bios when I emailed him. Maybe someone with a Kingpin just needs to ask nicely for the rebar bios.
What, and risk the wrath of the Kingpin gods by sharing it with us? 'gasp'

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
On a side note, I find in running Cyberpunk, which really stresses your GPU overclock and you can find out if you're unstable at all, the Suprim X BIOS will hold a higher memory overclock and the same core overclock than the 1000W Kingin BIOS without the game crashing. Like I mean +880 memory vs +785 memory Kingpin.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you use a two power connector VBIOS on a three power connector card, will it pull 1/3 more power because you have 3 power connectors?
I don't have a 3x8pin to try but I've read that works. I wonder if that would provide a way to get above 520w and reBar support.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Gigabyte guys have reported the newer resize bar Gigabyte bios gimps the power limit. Haven't tested that myself.
Ok that would suck. Is the Galax-BIOS also rBAR-ready? And is there any advantage of choosing this BIOS over the Zotac-BIOS @des2k... posted?

just grab the zotac oc rbar vbios from techpower up a few pages back, I posted the link. you get 390w without loosing display ports
Thanks, that's even better of course :) You don't happen to know which page that was? I went back to 735 but didn't see anything until then :/

Yea it works well too. I just tested them both yesterday (Galax and Zotac). Galax showed an average power level of 385w while the Zotac 377w as you would expect with the Zotac being 5w less on the PL.
Why would the Zotac consume only 377W when it should max out at 390?

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Zotac is 385w PL, not 390w. Close enough that it makes pretty much no difference in performance. Upside is you get to run an actual Zotac bios. Seemed like it ran cooler too (more than 5 or so watts would make).

Yes both support reBar.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Has anyone here upgraded their motherboard and processor solely for the purpose of using rbar? I'm curious to hear from people here about the improvements going from like an 8700K to one of the bigger AMD chips that have like a bunch of cores.

·
Linux Noob
1,134 Posts
Has anyone here upgraded their motherboard and processor solely for the purpose of using rbar? I'm curious to hear from people here about the improvements going from like an 8700K to one of the bigger AMD chips that have like a bunch of cores.
No.
But like you, I have the MSI Z370 Gaming M5 - a MB that's got a ReBar BIOS available. I thought of finding a i9-9900k just to see how much performance I gain over my i7-8086.
Might be enough to hold off on further upgrades until DDR5 hits the market.

14821 - 14840 of 15134 Posts