Overclock.net banner

14841 - 14860 of 15134 Posts

·
High Clocker
3,672 Posts
Be a massive waste of money for just rbar. Its increase is nothing in most games.

• Rep+
Reactions: GRABibus and chispy

·
Registered
199 Posts
yeah found out doing my own research that rebar brings with it more problems than it solves stuttering / performance drops in some games / can bring instability to some games and various other issues, and the performance is 1-2% at most
for now i wont be using it and will wait until it matures more and more games use it.... cause its nothing but a sheep in wolfs clothing..

·
Registered
199 Posts

i modded a 480mm monster alphacool radiator ontop of fmy o11 dynamic xl case :)
i have so meny waterhoses hahahah i need to find a 3090 msi waterblock that has its own active watercooling back plate so i can get rid of 2 hoses going to this mp5works im using :D

temps are great though now i get 53c max load pulling 690w from my 3090 :) and can get clock speeds of 2150 sustained with 10000 memory in games :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
No.
But like you, I have the MSI Z370 Gaming M5 - a MB that's got a ReBar BIOS available. I thought of finding a i9-9900k just to see how much performance I gain over my i7-8086.
Might be enough to hold off on further upgrades until DDR5 hits the market.
Wait what? I thought rebar was only for newer platforms...

·
Linux Noob
1,134 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks pal i seen that but the problem is i cant find any UK website with it on :/ lol
You'll have to buy it in China, Alliexpress, which is where we usually do it all of us. Five or six weeks, but good prices, my last blocks have come from there for the same thing as your appointment, not being able to find them all over Europe.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I know this is just one post but, apparently rebar is supported on z370 AND an 8700k. I'll try this out later.

·
Linux Noob
1,134 Posts
I know this is just one post but, apparently rebar is supported on z370 AND an 8700k. I'll try this out later.
Well, that kinda stinks. I run in UEFI+Legacy mode. I'll have to repartition my SSD just to see if the rebar works with the MSI Z370 MB + i7-8086.

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
Well, that kinda stinks. I run in UEFI+Legacy mode. I'll have to repartition my SSD just to see if the rebar works with the MSI Z370 MB + i7-8086.
There are ways to change a legacy drive to a UEFI drive. Google is your friend. :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
There are ways to change a legacy drive to a UEFI drive. Google is your friend. :)
Yes convert the drive from MBR to GPT. Be careful with that though, as the process slightly resizes the partitions and can prevent windows from booting properly.

·
Linux Noob
1,134 Posts
Unfortunately, Google has proven to be a not-so-much my friend who doesn't take any responsibility whatsoever when it feeds me BS. Especially computer-related BS. ;) I'll need to record all my OC MB BIOS settings, update the BIOS to the ReBAR beta version. Not sure this will be worth the effort. I think I'll wait and watch as @gfunkernaught experiments with it.

Or I may just experiment with an unused 970 Pro SSD I've got just sitting here collecting dust. Sounds like a hassle, though, for apparently little gain at this time.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You'll have to buy it in China, Alliexpress, which is where we usually do it all of us. Five or six weeks, but good prices, my last blocks have come from there for the same thing as your appointment, not being able to find them all over Europe.
Thanks, ok guess i order from there, btw you wouldnt happen to know if there is a bykski waterblock and waterback plate that also has that water temp module :D
i have a previous bykski water block that i got with the oled watertemp readout on it :D and it looks really nice , you would just about be able to make it out in the image i posted above
does this all in one waterblock + water back plate come with that module also ??? would be awesome if it did lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
I took pics of all my bios screens before I updated. I did some tests with RDR2 and CP2077 a while ago and showed a minimal improvement.

Pretty much nothing in RDR2 with Vulkan,

Small increase in CP2077 and RDR2 (in DX12, but slower overall than Vulkan),

·
Premium Member
-12C DewPoint | 11900K | 2x OC Lab | 2x KP HC | 2x STRIX | Ventus OC | Hero XIII | 5100hz | XPG S70
32 Posts
Is it possible to change memory voltage in the software? It's "grayed out", so is it a unlock here? Or maybe just for OC lab edition? Where is the biosswitch? :p I can't see it on the top. Maybe I have to take it out too see it under?

390/450w P/S on the normal HOF. Can you post the 500w bios?
What software are you using? To my knowledge, none of it is exclusive to the OC Lab.

Am down to send 500w. will be back home with the cards in a few days and can send link.

·
2 Easy
3,493 Posts
Friend of mine just picked up a 3090 from MC in Queens NY, if y’all really want one just keep camping or dropping in at random. Seems to be the most efficient way to pick up any GPU right now.

• Rep+
Reactions: chispy

·
Registered
119 Posts
Update to anyone swapping thermal pads.
I was having an issue with the memory overclock on my 3090 msi trio with ek block, i have now swapped the 3.8wmk pads from ek with 12.8 from thermalight.
the hotspot now doesn't go over 65c (used to go up to 72c). i used thicker pads on the backplate, all 2mm. the block itself i used the same fatness as ek asks.

i cleaned the gpu with crc electronics cleaner and alcohol on some spots. at first i did not get a post but i redid my work and waited 20 min for it to dry. i assume there was a short somewhere from the chemicals or i mounted it like a monkey.

Using EVGA XOC 500w bios
+140 Core (`2085-2115), will crash if its over 2130.
+850 Mem (10600), lowers core clocks if higher but no longer crashes.

so far it works, will update if it fails.

·
Registered
199 Posts
that brings me also to memory oc, what are you guys using on your cards for memory overclocks ?
my 3090 seems like a monster gaming x trio 3090
does +1350 under mining and does +1050 under gaming though thats as high as i went, i think it will go higher but just curious if this is safe lol as i know it will go higher under gaming :D

14841 - 14860 of 15134 Posts