Overclock.net banner

14861 - 14880 of 15185 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Update to anyone swapping thermal pads.
I was having an issue with the memory overclock on my 3090 msi trio with ek block, i have now swapped the 3.8wmk pads from ek with 12.8 from thermalight.
the hotspot now doesn't go over 65c (used to go up to 72c). i used thicker pads on the backplate, all 2mm. the block itself i used the same fatness as ek asks.

i cleaned the gpu with crc electronics cleaner and alcohol on some spots. at first i did not get a post but i redid my work and waited 20 min for it to dry. i assume there was a short somewhere from the chemicals or i mounted it like a monkey.

Using EVGA XOC 500w bios
+140 Core (`2085-2115), will crash if its over 2130.
+850 Mem (10600), lowers core clocks if higher but no longer crashes.

so far it works, will update if it fails.
i think there is something wrong with your block or pads, if thats under gaming only then i would be quite worried. my hotspot under 2000 memory speeds in afterburner when mining wich is way worse on memory temps than gaming is HOTSPOT : 53c and GPU 39c and memory 78c and thats under mining, my temps are way way lower when gaming for instance hotspot never goes over 42c under gaming. with a junction temp of 64c and this is with the card overclocked to +1000 on memory when gaming.

EDIT: ok im a tool lol :D i have active MP5works cooling my cards memory hence why the temps are much lower ;) thats what happens when your up all night with and read to fast :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
i think there is something wrong with your block or pads, if thats under gaming only then i would be quite worried. my hotspot under 2000 memory speeds in afterburner when mining wich is way worse on memory temps than gaming is HOTSPOT : 53c and GPU 39c and memory 78c and thats under mining, my temps are way way lower when gaming for instance hotspot never goes over 42c under gaming. with a junction temp of 64c and this is with the card overclocked to +1000 on memory when gaming.

EDIT: ok im a tool lol :D i have active MP5works cooling my cards memory hence why the temps are much lower ;) thats what happens when your up all night with and read to fast :D

here are the temps, i think im good so far.
on port loop with 500w i get 62 hotspot and 47 core, i also only have a 240 rad :(
still happy.

·
Registered
538 Posts
@Lord of meat
I also have a Trio and ek block. Replaced the front pads with 1mm 13w/mk and the back I used 1.5mm 12.7w/mk pads. For every pad though there is thermal paste between the pad and component. I used liquid metal for the core. On top of the back plate I put 7xm.2 heatsinks that sit on a large 2mm 5w/mk pad, and then a 120mm sp fan on top of the heatsinks, blowing upwards. I don't mine but at 500w I avg 40c core, 54c mem, 50ish Celsius on the hotspot. I run +135 core (2085-2100mhz effective) +1200 vram offsets. I too get crashes if I try to run 2130mhz effective regardless of voltage, but crashes in cyberpunk only. I could play quake 2 RTX at that clock speed just fine. I think your temps can improve though.
I jump whenever I see people on here with the same card and block.😁

...and I just saw that you only have a 240 rad...doh!

·
Registered
119 Posts
@Lord of meat
I also have a Trio and ek block. Replaced the front pads with 1mm 13w/mk and the back I used 1.5mm 12.7w/mk pads. For every pad though there is thermal paste between the pad and component. I used liquid metal for the core. On top of the back plate I put 7xm.2 heatsinks that sit on a large 2mm 5w/mk pad, and then a 120mm sp fan on top of the heatsinks, blowing upwards. I don't mine but at 500w I avg 40c core, 54c mem, 50ish Celsius on the hotspot. I run +135 core (2085-2100mhz effective) +1200 vram offsets. I too get crashes if I try to run 2130mhz effective regardless of voltage, but crashes in cyberpunk only. I could play quake 2 RTX at that clock speed just fine. I think your temps can improve though.
I jump whenever I see people on here with the same card and block.😁

...and I just saw that you only have a 240 rad...doh!
Its all good man, once I save for a block for the cpu ill get 2 360 😝

·
Registered
199 Posts
here are the temps, i think im good so far.
on port loop with 500w i get 62 hotspot and 47 core, i also only have a 240 rad :(
still happy.

View attachment 2489252
indeed good enough for a 240 rad ;)
but going by your screen shot your pulling a max of 352w you might need to run something more demanding to pull all that 500w from that 500w bios and then see what temps you get. or up your resolution, you play a game that i use all the time to test max clocks at max power you cant beat resident evil 3 or 2 for pulling power when you up the resolution scalier in the game to 2.0 ;) it will draw all the power a card has lol
still very good for a 240 rad.

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
You have only a single 240 rad? But your Temps are at 47C while looping port royal..? How the heck is that even possible? How fast are your fans running?
prob not using 500w, or his block delta is really good lol like 7c

I have 5rads and my water temp is 28c+ when dumping 500w+ into the loop

a few (youtube) tested already stock 3090 350w+ on 240 and 360 horrible temps 55c-65c

·
Registered
119 Posts
You have only a single 240 rad? But your Temps are at 47C while looping port royal..? How the heck is that even possible? How fast are your fans running?
Fans are at 100 and I use air conditioning.
The top is an aio for cpu that should not fit in this case. one fatty is pushing out rad, 2 120 are pulling out the front rad, one at bottom intake and the rear is intake. I tried different ways and fans.
with no ac i think last night it was doing 53ish but I try not to run without it, it scares me.

Edit: any good under 100 usd 360 rad?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Fans are at 100 and I use air conditioning.
The top is an aio for cpu that should not fit in this case. one fatty is pushing out rad, 2 120 are pulling out the front rad, one at bottom intake and the rear is intake. I tried different ways and fans.
with no ac i think last night it was doing 53ish but I try not to run without it, it scares me.

Edit: any good under 100 usd 360 rad?
View attachment 2489298
I like my xr7 360, very good for removing heat, but takes alot of space and need a D5 for good flow.

·
Registered
538 Posts
^
I can also vouch for xr7's. I have a 360x55 and a 240x55.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Guys does anyone of you has the 520w bios with resizable bar on or the 1000w one (always with bar on). Would be really appreciated

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Gamer and overclocker !
1,990 Posts
that brings me also to memory oc, what are you guys using on your cards for memory overclocks ?
my 3090 seems like a monster gaming x trio 3090
does +1350 under mining and does +1050 under gaming though thats as high as i went, i think it will go higher but just curious if this is safe lol as i know it will go higher under gaming :D
On my STRIX I use +1000MHz. Everything beyond are artefacts or crash.
I had temporarly the opportunity to test a GALAX HOF and see if I will definitely buy it or not.
I could bench at +1700MHz on it.
But in game, everything beyond +1400MHz wnet into erratic little artefacts (BFV, OVERWATCH, COLD WAR).

To a certain point, performance starts to decrease when you increase the memory frequency.
You have to test the performance benefit when you increase the memory frequency and find the value at which you start to have less performance that with lower frequencies (Through Port Royal for example).

·
Gamer and overclocker !
1,990 Posts
Guys does anyone of you has the 520w bios with resizable bar on or the 1000w one (always with bar on). Would be really appreciated
EVGA 520W with Rebar is on Techpower up at unverified section :

EDIT : ah Sorry Pepillo was faster than me :)

Guys,
I really advised you to test this one for gaming :

=> With, I have my highest stable frequencies in game and lower temps.
The frequency is really stable, no throttle and temperature stabilizes very quickly.

In cold war, I have 3 degrees less on Core than with MSI SuprimX Bios and 30MHz higher stable core frequency.

• Rep+
Reactions: long2905

·
Gamer and overclocker !
1,990 Posts
What software are you using? To my knowledge, none of it is exclusive to the OC Lab.

Am down to send 500w. will be back home with the cards in a few days and can send link.
he uses this one :

I used it also in the HOF I had on last week and it was greyed also.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Are there not official bar enabled bios available from evga?

·
Registered
167 Posts
This what you want? (Jacob's post if permalink doesn't work)

14861 - 14880 of 15185 Posts