Overclock.net banner
1561 - 1580 of 16976 Posts

·
Enthusiast
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,561 ·
For your guys who want to have the nvflash utility for RTX30, you may download it here:

it's included in the inno3d's overclocking tool, after installation, you can find it in the directory

@zhrooms
Yep holy crap, latest NVFlash is 5.620 on TPU, updated June 8th, 2020.

This is 5.660, Inno3D messed up, this was clearly not meant to be out yet.

Uploaded nvflash64 directly here nvflash64_5.660.0_ampere.zip

Password: Ampere

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yep holy crap, latest NVFlash is 5.620 on TPU, updated June 8th, 2020.

This is 5.660, Inno3D ****ed up, this was clearly not meant to be out yet.

Uploaded nvflash64 directly here nvflash64_5.660.0_ampere.zip

Password: Ampere
Have you got your 3090 yet? Which one will you take? I got some info that MSI will release a real flag-ship card later.

by the way, for 2x8pin cards, I think gigabyte's gaming oc has the highest-tdp at this moment. But can't find the bios.

·
Enthusiast
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,564 ·
Have you got your 3090 yet? Which one will you take? I got some info that MSI will release a real flag-ship card later.

by the way, for 2x8pin cards, I think gigabyte's gaming oc has the highest-tdp at this moment. But can't find the bios.
Yeah, GPU-Z is not updated yet with the latest NVFlash so it can't save BIOSes and upload to the TPU database. We have to manually save them to desktop and upload on file uploading services and share them here.

And no I have not decided yet which card I'm going for, it'll be up to BIOS flashing probably, "if" you can flash cheap Reference PCB 18 Power Stage card that's probably what I'll go for.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think I might find out what the problem is:

strix's bios is for 3x8pin PCB, when I use it on my 2x8pin ventus, it only "shows" there was 450W, but actually it take the extra 150W from the "3rd 8pin" which actually didn't exist.

My power meter shows my PC use 470W in total, there's no way for the 3090 use 450W.

That's why the strix bios can be use on my friend's igame 3090 advanced because it use the 3x8pin layout.

So does anyone know/has a high-TDP bios for 2x8pin cards?
Yes I said this earlier in this thread. It's never worked to flash bios's for cards with different power connector configs. Someone with a Gaming X Trio should try flashing the Strix bios though.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
We could upload here our own bios, while we wait for new gpu-z to upload them to their database..

Here is mine, Giga Gaming OC 3090:

·
Registered
43 Posts
my question is

will the rtx 3090 strix bios with 480 watt work with the tuf gaming 3090 with 2 power connectors ?

or is it possible somebody edit the tuf bios with more power offset ? from 7% to 25%?

·
Registered
345 Posts
my question is

will the rtx 3090 strix bios with 480 watt work with the tuf gaming 3090 with 2 power connectors ?

or is it possible somebody edit the tuf bios with more power offset ? from 7% to 25%?
Extremely unlikely, this never worked on any 2080Ti's. Only XOC bioses with no power limits at all worked on different power connector configs.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
my question is

Can u please upload the TUF 3090 Bios???

Which is the maximum power in TUF 3090???

·
Enthusiast
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,575 ·
Started to gather a few here until GPU-Z is updated with BIOS uploading to TPU VGA BIOS Collection

(Just under the original post of this thread) [Official] NVIDIA RTX 3090 Owner's Club

If your cards BIOS isn't there, feel free to upload yours and tag me (@zhrooms) and I'll add it.

·
Old School Overclocker !
398 Posts
Thank you guys for all the information and for sharing the new nvflash utility , will share my Bios of the Asus Tuf oc rtx 3090 once it gets here hopefully before the weekend. Appreciate it the wealth of information guys , again thanks a lot , we needed this :) , let the flashing games begin ... :D

• Rep+
Reactions: vmanuelgm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Asus TUF OC has only 375W
Strix Bios doesent Work, it shows 440-460W but the Card stuck @ 1650-1700 Core Clock if you OC the Card Crash.
Flashed Back to TUF OC Bios.

Somebody try Gigabyte Gaming OC with 390W ?

·
Enthusiast
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,579 ·
Strix Bios doesent Work, it shows 440-460W but the Card stuck @ 1650-1700 Core Clock if you OC the Card Crash.
Flashed Back to TUF OC Bios.
Same exact issue another user reported, flashed 3x8-Pin BIOS on 2x8-Pin card and core clock was stuck around 1700MHz.
(XC3 to FTW3)

1561 - 1580 of 16976 Posts