Overclock.net banner
16461 - 16480 of 16551 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Can anyone confirm what thermal pads I should order for the Kingpin Hydro copper waterblock?

I would like to put the best possible thermal pads for the waterblock and backplate on the very first go, and have everything here on Thursday for the install.

What pads should I order? I found this picture from evga apparently. But it is only further confusing me lol.

Kpx? Or Kryonaut extreme?

Thanks for the help guys!

• Rep+
Reactions: GRABibus

·
Registered
494 Posts
Can anyone confirm what thermal pads I should order for the Kingpin Hydro copper waterblock?

I would like to put the best possible thermal pads for the waterblock and backplate on the very first go, and have everything here on Thursday for the install.

What pads should I order? I found this picture from evga apparently. But it is only further confusing me lol.

Kpx? Or Kryonaut extreme?

Thanks for the help guys!

I wouldn't use any good paste or expensive pads on your first mounts.

Unless it's the optimus block(no standoffs) you'll be struggling to get a good pressure on the core.

Most other blocks are not flat and standoffs are complete garbage.

Maybe you'll have better luck, but my EK block had to be lapped and standoffs grinded down for a good delta.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Anyone here try Amazon New World game? Heard it would brick 3090.
I've been playing it in my 3080 FTW3 and the menu seems to draw 420-450W but in game it's less than 300W. Also core clocks in menu varies a lot. It goes from 2160MHz to 2100MHz then back to 2160MHz then drops to 2070MHz. At 450W PCie slot is only 45-47W.

My guess is that the cards that are dying are the 3090 FTW3 with unbalance power draw from the PCie slot.

·
Gamer and overclocker !
2,132 Posts

·
Gamer and overclocker !
2,132 Posts

·
Just another nerd
5,909 Posts

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Can seasonic 1300w enough for 2 3090 runs port royal guys?
I'm running 2x 1300w with 2x 3090, but I'm using overclocked 7980xe :D

550w*2 if using 1000w bios + cpu+fans+pumps+MB etc... Port Royal isn't using cpu much, so I'ts ok with 1300w. I think the psu can draw 1400w without tripping...

Used 7980xe + 2x 2080ti with 380w bios for 2 years without any problems.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I wouldn't use any good paste or expensive pads on your first mounts.

Unless it's the optimus block(no standoffs) you'll be struggling to get a good pressure on the core.

Most other blocks are not flat and standoffs are complete garbage.

Maybe you'll have better luck, but my EK block had to be lapped and standoffs grinded down for a good delta.
I have micro thin pressure film to confirm good contact and pressure being applied to components and the die of the 3090KP. The film is designed to turn red within normal mounting pressure of computer heatsinks and waterblocks. And you can find out exactly where the pressure is high or low at, and exactly how much pressure is being applied to that area.

I can get the mount right without running the card. Im just a little confused on thermal pad thickness, and what I should actually order?

Some say 1-2mm. And evga says 2-3mm.

Then others specify something entirely different. I’m lost lol. And I keep getting different answers.

I would rather not order 0.5-1-2-3-4-5mm thick thermal pads all at the same time due to waste and cost.

I was hoping to narrow this down to

·
Registered
Overclocking - latest technology
345 Posts
Hey, I just saw the news about the New World game that seems to break a lot of EVGA FTW3 cards. Has anyone tried it on Strix or Kingpin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I'm running 2x 1300w with 2x 3090, but I'm using overclocked 7980xe :D

550w*2 if using 1000w bios + cpu+fans+pumps+MB etc... Port Royal isn't using cpu much, so I'ts ok with 1300w. I think the psu can draw 1400w without tripping...

Used 7980xe + 2x 2080ti with 380w bios for 2 years without any problems.
People in the 2080Ti owners club would always tell me i’m crazy, and my 1200 watt PSU was plenty and my (2) cards used 400-600 watts maximum combined lol!!.. And my 5Ghz 7980XE and (2) power modded 2080Ti‘s were easily within the limits of my single 1200 watt seasonic platinum lol. No one seemed to believe me that I was running out of power..

My 2080Ti’s were soldered and flashed, so they could pull around 520+ watt each card. Dont even get me started on the CPU lol. You already know, the 7980XE isn’t the most efficient in the world lol. Though it is a monster for being almost 4 years old haha.

I had to run my (2) 2080Ti’s stock clocks in RDR2, and 7980XE downclocked to stay under power shutdowns.

• Rep+
Reactions: Nizzen

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Hey, I just saw the news about the New World game that seems to break a lot of EVGA FTW3 cards. Has anyone tried it on Strix or Kingpin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I will try it out. I saw that too I have a Kingpin 3090. I will gladly be the test subject. I get off working from home around 8PM, and will DL that game! lol

• Rep+
Reactions: lmfodor
16461 - 16480 of 16551 Posts