Overclock.net banner
18441 - 18460 of 18773 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
I also don't like iCue. But I had to install it to get my commander pro working. I can control fan speed with Argus but it doesn't report correct fan speed.

·
Old crazy guy
3,660 Posts
I also don't like iCue. But I had to install it to get my commander pro working. I can control fan speed with Argus but it doesn't report correct fan speed.
Not sure if it can help but I had this issue in the past (now I don't use it anymore).
I've installed the latest firmware with Corsair Link, uninstalled it afterwards, and then Argus was working fine.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Not sure if it can help but I had this issue in the past (now I don't use it anymore).
I've installed the latest firmware with Corsair Link, uninstalled it afterwards, and then Argus was working fine.
You uninstalled iCue completely? And argus still recognized commander pro as a sensor/controller?

·
Old crazy guy
3,660 Posts
You uninstalled iCue completely? And argus still recognized commander pro as a sensor/controller?
Sure you don't need iCue or Link installed at all.
They will only conflict and mess with Argus.

·
Registered
837 Posts
...I think I shuffled enough $s Jensen's way over the years already :cry:
Shuffled or shoveled? I'm right there with ya. We all are. I remember the excitement of buying a $500 GPU. Now I get disappointed with a $2k card not doing what I think is worth $2k.🙄

·
Invalid Media
4,983 Posts
Shuffled or shoveled? I'm right there with ya. We all are. I remember the excitement of buying a $500 GPU. Now I get disappointed with a $2k card not doing what I think is worth $2k.🙄
...shoveled reminds me of stinky manure, besides, I shuffled the company credit cards for NVidia more than once :sneaky: ! Also, sometime soon, you may rue the day when you could still get GPUs for $2k.

·
Registered
837 Posts
...shoveled reminds me of stinky manure, besides, I shuffled the company credit cards for NVidia more than once :sneaky: ! Also, sometime soon, you may rue the day when you could still get GPUs for $2k.
To someone that doesn't make money with these cards, its shoveled. As far as one day possibly missing $2k GPUs, not a chance. 😎

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I definitely wouldn't have upgraded so soon if it wasn't put in a project's budget. Prices are insane, scalped or not..

Testing a couple 80mm fans on the heatsinks has proven to help quite a bit, been working/rendering with them and has dropped temps by 10+C (GPU #1 being the passive backplate). Gives me a bit more confidence letting it render overnight.

Attachments

·
Invalid Media
4,983 Posts
I definitely wouldn't have upgraded so soon if it wasn't put in a project's budget. Prices are insane, scalped or not..

Testing a couple 80mm fans on the heatsinks has proven to help quite a bit, been working/rendering with them and has dropped temps by 10+C (GPU #1 being the passive backplate). Gives me a bit more confidence letting it render overnight.
..helper fans aimed at the backplate / extra heatsink are a good idea; I'm trying to decide whether to use 2x80mm Arctic or 1x 120mm Arctic as I'm finalizing my update-build this week. I had 2x 120mm before in the old config but the case and mounting orientation changed...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have any of you guys cooled a 5900x? What were your results with which block?

Sorry bit off topic but thought id ask here anyway

Also good morning from across europe

·
Invalid Media
4,983 Posts

Sorry bit off topic but thought id ask here anyway

Also good morning from across europe
I'm cooling both a 3950X and 5950X w/ this Phanteks model with superb results. There could be / are better blocks out there, but I find price / performance / appearance hard to beat. Pic below, with a 3090 Strix in the back, so thread-related ;)

Blue Purple Entertainment Electronic instrument Visual effect lighting

·
Registered
21 Posts
note: 1320x60 rad space, older screenie w/ older RAM setup
View attachment 2528541
Yeah wow thats VERY impressive.

I get 80c peaks with my Liquid Freezer II.

I was asking because one of my friends gets into 80c with his 5900x on water with an optimus block,.

I think the need for the Lian Lii 011 is 3 rads where I dont think that 1x thick EK 360 and a slim EK 360 would be enough

Thoughts?

·
SAY AMBIENT AGAIN! SAY IT
317 Posts
I've got the optimus foundation block. It's $109 for the copper/acetal version. It's definitely in the top performers.

Here is my 5950x running CBr23 with 22c ambient air and 26c water. This was after 15 minutes (though a shorter window of data capture; the last 3 mins or so) which was after playing New World so the water is as hot as it's going to get.
Font Screenshot Display device Electronic device Multimedia

It's pulling 250w with just a CO all-core of -20 and vcore offset of -0.025. I have also sanded both the IHS and the cold plate to 2000 grit to help with temps between the CCDs.
Finger Saving Currency Money Material property

• Rep+
Reactions: mol4711 and Arizor

·
Invalid Media
4,983 Posts
Yeah wow thats VERY impressive.

I get 80c peaks with my Liquid Freezer II.

I was asking because one of my friends gets into 80c with his 5900x on water with an optimus block,.

I think the need for the Lian Lii 011 is 3 rads where I dont think that 1x thick EK 360 and a slim EK 360 would be enough

Thoughts?
Not sure this helps, but for my custom CPU / GPU loops, I always use:
a.) thick(er) copper / brass rads with two or even three cores (typically 60mm plus),
b.) 1/2 x 3/4 tubing,
c.) at minimum two D5 pumps in series at 75% or so speed.

Even on a temp testbench for a recent update with just one XSPC RX 360 and 3x Arctic P12 fans for both the 5950X and the 3090 Strix w/dual D5s, max temps were no higher than 71 C or so for the 5950X after prolonged GPU testing followed by Cinebench R23 runs (210W +- CPU package power). I really do like the Phanteks CPU blocks...with that experience under my belt, I got the Phanteks block for the 3090 Strix with great temps as well. Generally, I would prefer two thick 360s over three thin ones (30mm or less) if you can make the thick ones fit (Dremel ! :) )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not sure this helps, but for my custom CPU / GPU loops, I always use:
a.) thick(er) copper / brass rads with two or even three cores (typically 60mm plus),
b.) 1/2 x 3/4 tubing,
c.) at minimum two D5 pumps in series at 75% or so speed.

Even on a temp testbench for a recent update with just one XSPC RX 360 and 3x Arctic P12 fans for both the 5950X and the 3090 Strix w/dual D5s, max temps were no higher than 71 C or so for the 5950X after prolonged GPU testing followed by Cinebench R23 runs (210W +- CPU package power). I really do like the Phanteks CPU blocks...with that experience under my belt, I got the Phanteks block for the 3090 Strix with great temps as well. Generally, I would prefer two thick 360s over three thin ones (30mm or less) if you can make the thick ones fit (Dremel ! :) )
I would think say 2x 60mm woulx be great in this system (my lian lii 011d) Im just doing digging round to make sure im not doing the build twice, research 900x times and build once!

Question for you, why dual d5s?

and obviously thats in serial right that you run them ?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I would think say 2x 60mm woulx be great in this system (my lian lii 011d) Im just doing digging round to make sure im not doing the build twice, research 900x times and build once!

Question for you, why dual d5s?

and obviously thats in serial right that you run them ?
Pumps help with flow rate. Flow rate keeps the temperature of the loop uniform. You should be OK with 1 pump if you just have 2 x 60mm wide 360 rads.

18441 - 18460 of 18773 Posts