Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Please loan me 3 large so I can join this club.

• Rep+
Reactions: Paradigm Shifter

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
gg
Computer Personal computer Gadget Electronic instrument Computer hardware

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Gonna be good for watercoolers because waterblockers don't care about the dick-extension 6" of heatsink hanging off the end of the PCB. So relatively short PCB.

Strix I'm betting on like 550W or something. They can't go over 600? on the single connector and we don't have EVGA anymore to put out 1000W bios.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Gonna be good for watercoolers because waterblockers don't care about the dick-extension 6" of heatsink hanging off the end of the PCB. So relatively short PCB.

Strix I'm betting on like 550W or something. They can't go over 600? on the single connector and we don't have EVGA anymore to put out 1000W bios.
Galax might help us out with a 1000w, but it might be 2 connector. Asus usually has one as well I think.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
It’s kinda funny, because while I have owned my 3090KP HC for a long while now. It still feels super freaking powerful to this day. It is OCed to the absolute max.
The 3000 series generally sucked for overclocking with KPE being the same overclocks as anything else. Core clock -> 2200 or 2250 tops. I guess memory overclocks were decent but FPS didn't really care so much.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The 3000 series generally sucked for overclocking with KPE being the same overclocks as anything else. Core clock -> 2200 or 2250 tops. I guess memory overclocks were decent but FPS didn't really care so much.
I'd be happy to get my power draw from a screaming, overclocked, 600+ watt 3090 to a "meager" 450W.

·
Premium Member
12900KS Dark | 2x KP HC | 2x OC Lab | 2x STRIX | Ventus OC | 32 6400hz GSkill | XPG S70
143 Posts
Hope you all been bless!

Wildness for now. Since there’s no more KP to speak of, I’m guessing HOF will be the only gpu with software voltage control out the box.

Lets hope that Strix (or any other high end 4090) still has an I2C header this time round for some EVC.

Look forward to pcb shots.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Lets hope that Strix (or any other high end 4090) still has an I2C header this time round for some EVC.
Step 1 though will be voltage actually mattering. The 3090 didn't benefit at all from more voltage (except maybe under LN2). I had the I2C header soldered on my TUF.

·
Premium Member
12900KS Dark | 2x KP HC | 2x OC Lab | 2x STRIX | Ventus OC | 32 6400hz GSkill | XPG S70
143 Posts
Step 1 though will be voltage actually mattering. The 3090 didn't benefit at all from more voltage (except maybe under LN2). I had the I2C header soldered on my TUF.

I think we took different steps lol. I broke highest non ln2 Port Royal (at time of bench) and am still 11th globally.

Voltage absolutely matters, maybe on air or normal water it does little, but from my experience it did.

TUF wasn’t a great card, that i2c header was basically useless unless on a good bin Strix.

But I absolutely agree that adding voltage is getting less effective with each series.

Automotive tire Audio equipment Bicycle handlebar Electrical wiring Bicycle tire

·
Invalid Media
6,965 Posts
I think we took different steps lol. I broke highest non ln2 Port Royal (at time of bench) and am still 11th globally.

Voltage absolutely matters, maybe on air or normal water it does little, but from my experience it did.

TUF wasn’t a great card, that i2c header was basically useless unless on a good bin Strix.

But I absolutely agree that adding voltage is getting less effective with each series.

...are you sure you're not running low on Primoflex tubing ? o_O

Also, I would love to see Asus (re)introduce the Matrix series, so Galax HoF doesn't feel so lonely with KPE in detention

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
How I have my 3090KP set up it’s 18% faster than a 3090FE. That’s a great in my book. While you could get other 3090’s to do this you’ll spend the same or even more than a 3090KP cost.

The 3090KP was a great card because right out of the box you had your 520 watts available. 1995Mhz Bin written on the die, good memory. And at just default speeds, it puts out more Tflops than a 3090Ti FE.

But, enough is enough! I’ve enjoyed it so much. I’m looking forward to the RTX4000 series.

1 - 20 of 228 Posts