Nice mono block
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyCharlie View Post

Why'd you have to send it back?
the lights were not working. now the dimm c is not reading. so frustrated right now. may have to send it back again. really want this board for the build.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
nice to finally see a thread about this that isn't people complaining about the cost.
smile.gif

For people that haven't been keeping up with the news - EK said they are making a waterblock for it. Sadly no ETA.

I'm personally waiting for that block before doing a shunt mod. From the videos on gamersnexus it would seem that they care is super over engineered. I'm hoping that turns out to mean it can overclock like crazy.
smile.gif

Hopefully someone will shunt mod it before i try... Yeah... i'm looking at you bassha. vega or jmpboy
smile.gif

(and soon!!.. i'm getting the evga x299 dark tomorrow.. and even without a block i'm tempted to break.. er.. mod the card..)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurv View Post

nice to finally see a thread about this that isn't people complaining about the cost.
smile.gif

For people that haven't been keeping up with the news - EK said they are making a waterblock for it. Sadly no ETA.

I'm personally waiting for that block before doing a shunt mod. From the videos on gamersnexus it would seem that they care is super over engineered. I'm hoping that turns out to mean it can overclock like crazy.
smile.gif

Hopefully someone will shunt mod it before i try... Yeah... i'm looking at you bassha. vega or jmpboy
smile.gif

(and soon!!.. i'm getting the evga x299 dark tomorrow.. and even without a block i'm tempted to break.. er.. mod the card..)
GamersNexus teased a photo on twitter showing the Titan V with a shunt mod. And since they already showed the card with a waterblock on it... I can't wait for the video!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testier View Post

Hmm, what kind of tasks are you planning to run on your PC? I am assuming TF, Caffe2, that type of stuff?
nah strict gaming, more like Battlefield, Deus Ex, PUBG, that type of stuff

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
build a nice 8th gen intel system around it. It is the best gaming card out there. Plan to use a waterblock for it? I personally can't stand noise from video cards.

You also might just want to sell it on amazon for like $2700 "used - like new" and then pick up TI with better cooling. (if you don't want to deal with water)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurv View Post

build a nice 8th gen intel system around it. It is the best gaming card out there. Plan to use a waterblock for it? I personally can't stand noise from video cards.

You also might just want to sell it on amazon for like $2700 "used - like new" and then pick up TI with better cooling. (if you don't want to deal with water)
the box was signed by an edgy asian dude at the conference, i don't think I can sell it as like new, although something like 8700k with triple 1080ti is attempting

Also I have a degree in EECS so i should be able to handle water and electricity at the same time

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronkman View Post

the box was signed by an edgy asian dude at the conference, i don't think I can sell it as like new, although something like 8700k with triple 1080ti is attempting

Also I have a degree in EECS so i should be able to handle water and electricity at the same time
RE: Tri-sli
you would need to go to the i9 (x299) stuff for 3 way SLI. A non-HEDT cpu/mobo doesn't have PCI-E enough lanes. Also, Nvidia only offically supports 2 way SLI these day. (but 3 and 4 way still mostly work too.. but i'd not invest in more than 2.)

2 way SLI with a TI or a Xp is pretty amazing and will be faster.. by a bit, over the V.

Of course, the V is more than enough if you are playing 1440p. It is good on most game at 4k too. The problem would be the noise. I'd suggest selling that card
smile.gif
You can still sell it on amazon as used - like new even with the sig on the box. (you could even say "new" and send it w/o the box.) Or put a Waterblock on the card. (then sell it a few month from now and buy 2 of the consumer versions of the new GPU
smile.gif
)

·
Registered
192 Posts
1 - 20 of 912 Posts