Overclock.net banner

561 - 577 of 577 Posts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
OMG that is so cool...how did you make those blocks?

im busy with an old Pentium 4 box revamping it for my little nephew...{hes paying for it himself} one of those old cases with that handles on top...we've cut a top Fan hole for a 120mm,also for the front a 120mm fan..custom art work and windowed panel ..(will post more pics soon)..he wanted a metallic blue with white but changed hes mind for a black theme with hints of white in there

Attachments

·
PC and Car Modder
32 Posts
Its been a while since i've logged in here, good to be back.

I used Permatex clear rtv silicone to seal the gaps between the acrylic pieces and used some nuts and screws to clamp it together.

Lets just say making blocks isn't for the faint of heart as what you actually see here is not the first attempt, just the first successful one.

Its still running just fine overclocked as far as the ram will let me push it, and i used it for an entire 90's themed lan party without issues.

I should take some more pictures soon as i changed out the pump for one more suiting the build.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
my nephews case mod old to new

some pics of progress

Attachments

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
more progress

Attachments

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
case pics

more pics...he originally wanted blue with white and black theme then changed it to white and black only

Attachments

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
continued case mod

those wooden blocks are for the new better case feet to raise it a bit from the ground..plus it looks awesome..we were going to mount bottom fans and maybe something extra but decided against it..Ive got a 30mm thick 120mm rad which i intended to donate to him for a small custom aio mod loop..his system doesnt require heavy water cooling..its only a gts 250 with a old quad core CPU...i might donate some other old stuff i have towards this for him...sorry for bad quality images..taken with old Lumia 520

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
duno why but ocn new layout or upload or link stuff is real pain to use these days

Attachments

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
he wants the asus Rog logo on the one side panel on the right/back..the front bezel were cutting up to add a mesh grill for ventilation..you'll see in the photo of the logo i cut for him three different types of ways..with vinyl..ghost tinted ...then paper printed..also hard carton for painting..which he chose in the end..but the paint had a nasty chemical reaction..when we lifted the carton up after painting it somehow got stuck on there...caused nasty paint lift..which well fix and redo maybe with vinyl instead..the paint used was cheap glue devil stuff as its his first mod..i didn't want him spending his entire allowance on this case project

Attachments

·
Registered
789 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
@rathborne that came out fantastic! Just gotta get some nice cables to top it all off

·
Registered
901 Posts
@rathborne that came out fantastic! Just gotta get some nice cables to top it all off

·
Registered
789 Posts

Thanks :) . Normally I would be concerned about the PSU cables... but at this stage I just needed to get it done and dusted so I can get on with some house renovations that have come up :D .

I knew the frosted acrylic side panel would help in this regard especially given the subpar cable management available in an old case ;) .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Typo Elemental
3,217 Posts
Sup folks, I have a couple of older cases that I need to part with within the next year, and I'd be willing to ship it off to you all in order to mod them. Would anybody be interested?

No photos right now, but I can have them posted later tonight.

·
Typo Elemental
3,217 Posts
Hi guys, its been a while since I was online so I have a lot of catching up to do :) .

Can the moderator please update my project on page 1 to state that its now finally finished :D ?
Sup bud, I'd recommend you PM @Duality92, he's the editor for this section :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #575
Hey definitely go ahead and post them. There may be someone local that wants them.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #576 (Edited)
Hi guys, its been a while since I was online so I have a lot of catching up to do :) .

Can the moderator please update my project on page 1 to state that its now finally finished :D ?
EDIT: DONE! Also reorganizing the list by stage (completed, in progress, proposed)

·
Typo Elemental
3,217 Posts
Hey definitely go ahead and post them. There may be someone local that wants them.
Sorry for the delay, had to travel over the weekend.

The antec case is a case I got off a former coworker. He shoddily cut a fan hole in the side, and the stickers gotta go, but otherwise, it's in good shape.

The dell case is my dad's old vista computer case. Uses non-standard motherboard standoffs, but it's still a pretty neat design.

Attachments

561 - 577 of 577 Posts