Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 7255 Posts

·
:]
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been smoking on and off for some years now. No real intention on quitting. However, a while ago I started leasing a 2012 Civic SE. Smoking during my drives was a must. Though, I knew I couldn't smoke in my leased vehicle. So I thought a good alternative would be e-cigarettes. I ordered a starter kit from Blu:

They had a pretty good discount upon ordering the starter pack, plus for each dollar you spent there you obtained blu points which helped you get discounts when ever you needed to buy anything else from them. These were fairly low profile and modern looking, didn't draw a huge amount of attention out in public. All of which I liked. I noticed the charge of the batteries were fairly short, but the little portable charging case was a nice touch, plus they gave you wall/usb chargers.

This did the trick, I no longer have the urge to smoke in my car or on long drives. I could now wait if needed. After a little while, I decided to experiment and try to stay strictly with the e cigs (new gf). This worked for a little while, but then I started running into issues pretty soon after with the blu's designs. The charging pack stopped charging, I took the pack apart and it really is quite a poor design. Also, one of the batteries had stopped functioning all together. Truth be told, the cartridges didn't really last all that long either... or keep their flavor or effect... the draw on them over all compared to a regular cigarette is not really there. Granted, for $5 of shipping I sent them the battery and my pack and they replaced both for no additional charge which was nice. It did take about a week for them to get them back to me.

All in all, it was a great starter kit.. and I love the look/design... but the over all experience especially if you choose to rely on them can become quite frustrating. So, time has gone on... and I decided I wanted to give it another shot. I started looking into similar starter kits such as Apollo, these looked great but I started trying to broaden my horizons. I did some research, and just ordered the Joye eGo-c xxl Twist starter kit:

My first initial issue is... these look fairly larger, not so much as low profile as the Blu. You might draw some attention in social scene's and maybe even poked fun of in smoking circles (hard to avoid when all your friends smoke). Though, I'm hoping for some really positive results from this product from what I've been reading. Duration of the batteries are supposedly night and day, the over all cost as you refill the cartridges yourself improve... not to mention the quality of the "juice" is supposedly better... in addition being able to control the voltage and resistance of the draw supposedly is superior at simulating the "warmth" and the "thickness" of the vapor which could in theory emulate an actual cigarette. I guess we'll see.

Though, I've also been thinking that maybe thinking of e-cigarette's of alternative to actual cigarette's is a flawed idea to begin with? The only real similarity is the "vapor" and nicotine. I guess I've always looked at them as alternatives for smokers. Though... in the future, I could see this being an individual activity that even non smokers may begin to regularly enjoy? They are virtually odorless and may or may not lack, or lessen the carcinogens of an actual cigarette. Most of us live very technical lives as it is. I guess I kind of look at it similar to people who may smoke Shisha/Hookah but would never touch an actual cigarette?

I guess I really don't know anyone in person who actually smokes and vapes or has any experience, so I just wanted to throw my trials on the forums and see if anyone has any thoughts, opinions, suggestions etc.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I used to be a heavy smoker 2 packs aday until I moved and stopped smoking in the house went down to 1 pack aday the same day then 8 months ago I got a v2 ecig didn't really do much for me so I would still smoke until a month later I made a the puck mod and was able to drop smoking altogether. I no longer use the puck mod and am using
pe8aqeqy.jpg
and love it haven't had a single cigarette for 7 months

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations! ...if that was your intent! If I could replace cigarettes with vaping all together that would be great. Half of my problem is with my smoking habit, is that I now associate it with so much... similar to driving. Going to work, smoke... Break at work, smoke... Lunch at work, smoke... Break at work, smoke... Getting off work, smoke... Going to the bar or otherwise drinking alcohol, smoke... Playing video games w/ the friends, Drink and you guessed it... smoke...

I've noticed that a lot of the "cig like" vapor products aren't bad to begin with but aren't really a GREAT option if you want to drop the analog habit completely... Granted, I haven't heard of the puck mod? I did a quick google search on it and got varying results...

Just with the reviews... I'm hoping for so much more from the Joye eGo-c kit that I purchased then what I've experienced in the past...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks, I vary happy I stopped smoking I feel so much better I can taste again and don't smell like an ashtray.
The Puck ecig is a box mod you can make from radioshack parts I used dual coil cartos on it and that made all the difference. voltage plays a big part the little cigarette type are 3.7 volts the Puck and other vv type are 4+ volts I stay around 4-5 volts

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My joye ego c made it in today. Using the low resistance atties. Unfortunately in finding that it's producing some really unpleasant sour/bitter/burned/plastic taste. Did some Google searching to no real avail... Will have to investigate this more!

·
Registered
222 Posts
What voltage are you vaping at?
Don't really know much about atomizers never used one but after googling atomizer burnt taste it seems normal for low resistance atomizers and that they need some break in time.

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I thought I had ordered the ego twist but they sent me regular batteries. So whatever the default is for those at the moment. From my searches as you have said it could be several things. Primer, breaking in New product, maybe it doesn't like the liquid I have etc. I haven't given up on it just yet. Though the taste /feel the burning leaves behind is definitely discouraging lol.

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
Do you smoke your blu cig on the beach in black and white like the douchy Steven Dorff comercial?
biggrin.gif

iirc cyber druid started a thread like this... vapours lounge?

Anyways....

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
Didn't really like the Blu ecigs too much.
Give NJOYs a shot, I found they had much, much better flavor akin to an actual cig.

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That commercial is absolutely hysterical. Not to mention the amount of vape he is getting out of that blu is ridiculous!

I will say, now that I've let it sit over night and let my mouth clear of the horrible burning taste... It doesn't taste AS burny, or burny at all... Though it does have a really sweet taste that is kind of off setting still. I was doing some reading online however and they say that the VG liquids tend to be sweeter anyway?

Also last night I was getting sort of frustrated with the whole ordeal and I sucked up a little vodka to dilute the mix a bit lol... so maybe that has some to do with it. I will say though that the amount of nicotine you get off of it is pretty dang substantial... almost feel like it's more than a regular cigarette lol... I got the 24mg liquids...

EDIT: I apologize if I'm making rep threads here

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Glad I stumbled upon this thread, Just last night I was thinking of making one myself to see what other people are using.

I tried the njoy and the first few puffs are good but it fades quickly and does't leave me satisfied like a real smoke.

·
Music Producer
4,860 Posts
I used to vape a lot just for the flavour and to put other medical substances into it.

My BF got me started on it since it was fun at first but the joy factor of it faded shortly after, gave all my vape stuff to him. lol

@ OP, if you don't know what to look for, PM me.

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you so much =] I'm actually now quite pleased with my Joye eGo. I guess I was either doing it wrong or it took a second or two for it to settle in as the previous posters have said.

Though, I bought 3 eliquids from myvaporstore.com they where menthol, kamol and RY4

They're pretty good but not great, the sweetness in the Kamol kinda throws me off a little, I haven't really had the RY4 that much I don't think but it had a similar experience as the kamol, and the menthol is good but it's a little harsh and not real real tasty....

So I guess my only other questions at this time would be where to get really tasty good nicotine based vapors? Also, if there was anywhere you could order that had exceptional shipping speed?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I use vapingzone most of the time they have lots of flavors and good prices and helps that they are only a state away from me so I get my stuff fast. I like there nic also because it doesn't have that pepper taste to it

·
Music Producer
4,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucube View Post

So I guess my only other questions at this time would be where to get really tasty good nicotine based vapors? Also, if there was anywhere you could order that had exceptional shipping speed?
I've had countless good experiences with mad vapes. I would give them a shot.
madvapes.com

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
those are no substitute but they are awsome to have, I got one and take it with me when I drive my wifes car or go on an airplane or to a movie, or to the hospital pretty much anywhere you cant smoke I smoke one of those.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I actually just started smoking a pipe this fall. I'v never liked cigs, but enjoy an occasional cigar and really like pipe tobacco. I try to stick to 1-2 smokes a week, as I don't want to get addicted. Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, I'v been on narcotics daily for years due to a chronic pain condition and I'll never be able to be off them. I'm so used to the strong effect of opiates, I feel pretty much nothing from alcohol or tobacco in comparison. For me it's all about the taste/smell.

·
Music Producer
4,860 Posts
^ Get on the medical green plant.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Quit smoking cigarettes in September. Second best decision I made in the past 12 months.

Now to quit smoking the whacky.

@Dronac just an FYI: cigarettes potentiate the effects of any and all opioids

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPie View Post

^ Get on the medical green plant.
I would if I lived in Colorado where it's legal, and didn't have job concerns from it. I don't think the Air Force would be too happy about that.
Quote:
@Dronac just an FYI: cigarettes potentiate the effects of any and all opioids
Interesting. I never knew that. I'll keep that in mind. I try to avoid alcohol when my pain has been particularly bad and I have to take a higher dose then usual.

1 - 20 of 7255 Posts