Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 4289 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Updated Signature code: This sig looks a lot better than the bland one I put together. Special thanks go to [email protected]'D for making it and allowing me to post it here for everyone to enjoy.

Code:

Code:
[CODE]
[URL="http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/525772-unofficial-phenom-ii-x2-550-club.html"][B][CENTER][B][U]:clock:PHENOM II X2 550BE OC  CLUB:clock:[/U][/B][/CENTER][/B]
[/URL]
[/CODE]

I haven't seen a thread like this so I decided to make one. This will be a thread to discuss the phenom II x2 550: overclocking, unlocking cores, general discussion, etc... I will make a spreadsheet on google spreadsheets of overclocks achieved and give someone else permission to edit it if they want to help.

If submitting an overclock, please include the following (this order would help too for organization):
Clock speed
FSB x Multi
Vcore
RAM speed
NB speed
HT Link
Motherboard
Cooling method

CPU-Z validation would also be nice.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...en&output=html

vnv727 is now helping with the chart. Thanks to him very much! I am no longer updating this, PM me if you would like to be able to edit it on google docs along with vnv727.
Unofficial Phenom II x2 550 Club!

Thread now under new management. ENTERPRISE

Tator Tot EDIT: Thread now under VNV727's control.
LL
LL

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
count me in!
i cant unlock with current mobo but i expect to get a Biostar 128m soon!!
LL

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contagion View Post
count me in!
i cant unlock with current mobo but i expect to get a Biostar 128m soon!!
woah...you broke 1.425v for cpu...according to newegg that was the recommended limit.

but may i ask, why are te quads limit at 1.55 and the duals are at 1.425?

·
Registered
251 Posts
but, its not limited to 1.425.....

1.425 is recomended limit. doesnt mean you cant go past it

·
lol "New to Overclock.net
943 Posts
Haha count me in... 4.085Ghz so far http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=589436
Clock speed - 4085Mhz
FSB x Multi - 215x19
Vcore - 1.504
RAM speed - 860Mhz (800Mhz Stock)
NB Speed - 1720Mhz
HT Link - 1290Mhz
Motherboard - Biostar TA790GX A2+ (Jan 09 BIOS)
Cooling method - Lapped Arctic Cooler Freezer Pro 64

I have not tested stability on the above settings, although I have tested it 10hrs Orthos stable @ 4Ghz

Oh and its also quad core unlocked

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have mine OCd mine to 3.6ghz stable dual..

also unlocked at 3.1GHZ quad stable, going to try OCing this soon.

Will post more infos later.

·
Banned
769 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bucdan
View Post

woah...you broke 1.425v for cpu...according to newegg that was the recommended limit.

Well these are quad's with two cores disabled, they will take 1.6v just as good as a quad, but with two less cores they will not need it.

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bucdan
View Post

yeah well, most places dont recommend oc at all so.. lol i have seen people that this chip to 1.55v.... im scared to take it to 1.5... anyways...

·
Registered
251 Posts
anyone know if im able to unlock the 2 cores with a crosshair 2 780a. im not sure what you need to do to see if you can. i kno its only first poissible if the 2 cores are just dsiabled but not sure if i need to downlaod any software

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by raikky
View Post

anyone know if im able to unlock the 2 cores with a crosshair 2 780a. im not sure what you need to do to see if you can. i kno its only first poissible if the 2 cores are just dsiabled but not sure if i need to downlaod any software

No, you can't. nForce motherboards don't have a real form of ACC.

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by raikky
View Post

I think some other user did this by enabling NCC (nvidia's form of ACC).

1 - 20 of 4289 Posts