Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Red Alert 3 turns out was released a couple of days ago, Tuesday October 28. So I decided to pick it up. Like the other previous pc gaming thread this is for Red Alert 3 sreenshot/discussion so feel free to talk about the game. I'll start by posting some gameplay screenshots of a quick skirmish that i have started enjoy

Game Information Links

Official Website: http://www.ea.com/redalert/

IGN: http://pc.ign.com/objects/718/718380.html

GameSpy: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...g=topten;all;2

·
Premium Member
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brythe
View Post

Damn...totally forgot about RA3. So many games so little time

I know what your talking about, the past month alone I spent over $200 in games and there are still good titles coming out soon

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
wut.

I just installed RA3 on my brother's comp, and then on mine, and ONLY his comp had the hot chick splash screen!
Mine is just a vanilla RA3 splash screen.
Weird. But I need it to be inverse because I don't want him to see that o_o

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Ive been playing the soviets (because it recommended to start there, Im all allies) and im like 7/8 or sumthing missions in where you go after the airbase

·
Registered
354 Posts
So what are your thoughts on this game? Better or worse than RA2?

What about the story? First of all does it continue from RA2 (never finished it)? And is it interesting? The "stylized" FMV scenes are really disappointing. EA is just being cheap and wants to call it style.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NegativeFPS
View Post

So what are your thoughts on this game? Better or worse than RA2?

What about the story? First of all does it continue from RA2 (never finished it)? And is it interesting? The "stylized" FMV scenes are really disappointing. EA is just being cheap and wants to call it style.

In RA2 basically it ended with a victorious side (whoever your playing), at least what I remember. It starts a new story with Albert Einstein being killed in 1920 sumthing by time traveling soviet leaders (it takes place in the very first cutscene) So now what ended up happening is differences in units and buildings and a 3rd side, japan.

Also RA2 for most people was all about skirmish, getting good micro and facing 3 hard enemies at once. So in that respect I can't comment since I got it yesterday. The story line is just about the best but thats about the best part for right now (slightly above average singleplayer with an A+ story). Im not far at all prob 3/4 through soviets

Its probably bad comment on this if its better then RA2 because that game took time to get involved with and I think this one will too. So the full potential might be out there still.

OH yes it is beginning to look as if its as glitchy as RA2 so Im expecting patches galore. They realiy, really need to work on the AI unit movement (its a 100 percent fixable prob, sumtimes they look like they are going to attack but get up to a certain point then move down to a certain point repeatably).

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
I just saw it for sale at BB and about crapped my pants haha

Too bad i dont have $60 for the premier edition

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgins
View Post

I just saw it for sale at BB and about crapped my pants haha

Too bad i dont have $60 for the premier edition

Y you almost crap your pants? lol

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
what is in the premier one? just developer things? how is the view of the videos that they brought back? how is gina corano and gemma atkinson? might pick it up at frys for 40 bucks

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I don't like how RA3 turned up to be at all.....i´m very disappointed i was expecting something completely different.
The game is nothing like the classic RA and RA2,it's got nothing to do,it's way to futuristic,and units look like cartoons!,yeah damm cartoons,they don't look real at all and there are some units from what i've seen that don't really fit in the RA saga.
I´ve always been a huge fan of the Command & Conquer saga,especially Red alert....i love C&C3 but RA3 let me down,it´s not the war game it used to be.

Graphics are nothing new,i was expecting soldiers,weapons,tanks like the classics not lasers and futuristic stuff....yeah there were futuristic things in both RA and RA2 of course..like the tesla coil,tesla tank,chronosphere,iron curtian,etc.But that was more realistic that this,and it was always mixed with real weapons and units,.
I may get the full game anyway,but maybe next year,there are much better games coming like Left 4 dead,EA you did a bad job with RA3,admit it.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
that is how i feel about it as well...

i was expecting so much since RA1 is the game that started me gaming, and i spent so many hours playing C&C3 both offline and online... but the beta was a major disappointment... Still, i'll probably get the premier edition when the price has dropped to like 20 pounds,

and yes, to the poster above, it does include developer making-of videos etc

Quote:

Red Alert 3 Premium Edition for PC Extra Content:

* Limited edition collector's tin.
* Five exclusive multiplayer/skirmish maps.
* Bonus DVD featuring: Full-length Raising the Iron Curtain making-of movie with exclusive interviews from the star-studded cast, Concept art montage video (From Pens to Pixels), Bloopers and outtakes from the cinematics sessions, Women of Red Alert 3 montage video, An inside look into the future of Command & Conquer and Red Alert, Tips on how to unlock the secrets of each side, directly from the developers, Complete video walk-thru on one of the game's hardest missions! And more!
* Game Soundtrack including exclusive remixes of Hell March and Hell March 2 by From First to Last, plus the all-new Hell March 3.
* Exclusive Beta Key to a future C&C game!
* A C&C Red Alert 3-exclusive item for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (also available with the standard edition of C&C Red Alert 3).

Source: Game.co.uk

·
Premium Member
5,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I know how you guys feel, I loved RA & RA2, but RA3 isn't the same. But it's a good game but has issues. Hopefully the more I play the better it is
So who else is getting it

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'll will get it anyway, even is it isn't is good as I thought it would be, worth a try.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I agree with you guys when you say it isn't the same as the first or second, but when you get into multiplayer it feels like the good old same thing. I mean it doesn't feel like its different in terms of units or like its more futuristic. Essentially it feels like (when you get into the game more) they just added more units and there is a couple more useless units.

Im really enjoying it now that my friend and long time RA fan is playing with me online. At first I thought this game was going to mostly story but now it feels it has great game play too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts