Overclock.net banner
21 - 40 of 1540 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Wow... Why did I not notice that the XTD was so cheap on Newegg?? Anyone know how returns or exchanges are with newegg? Unopened = return?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyg0od33 View Post

most likely. I'm betting $175+ USD
i cant imagine it being that much. I mean, maybe the twin processor thing is unique but everything else they are touting has been done a million times before.

·
Registered
31 Posts
First thoughts... its very comfortable, the sensor will take some fine tunning but its good so far, it looks awesome, and I miss my scroll wheel on my g9. I think I will grow to love this mouse as I did my tactX. The alumic was 40$ honestly I think the vespula would better deal for dual sided 27$ however as compared to my old generic mouse pad its phenominal. Ill write more on both once I get some time with them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah so is the vespula that's why I'm saying it might be a better deal as the alumic sits between 40-45 $ which is pricy for a mat. I think it would depend on if you wanted aluminium or not.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by htapocysp View Post

Yeah so is the vespula that's why I'm saying it might be a better deal as the alumic sits between 40-45 $ which is pricy for a mat. I think it would depend on if you wanted aluminium or not.
The only place where the Alumic has aluminium is in between the two layers of plastic, so it won't afect your tracking, nor the durability of the mat (as long as you don't beat it up).

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
The kone+ scroll wheel is not a huge issue, Roccat customer support is unrivaled in my experience.

My story:

I ordered a kone+ from Amazon for $30 when they were still $90, the packaging was pretty beat up, but it worked for a couple weeks then got the scroll wheel issue. My RMA took about 2 weeks, so I bought a DA in the mean time. About 1-2 weeks later I get an email from Roccat saying that they thought the one they sent was from a bad batch and that they were sending me a new one free of charge (and told me to keep my old one) and a taito(i think that is close to the spelling) mouse mat. Never has any pc company gone out of their way to look up an old RMA and send a new replacement free of charge.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
thats awesome!
Good to hear they have good support...I just heard a lot about the scroll wheel, and honestly, when I got the XTD it had nothing to do with the wheel it was only like $15 more than the + so I was like what the hell...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just a quick question,

Since i'm a cloth kind of guy (i have an SS 4hd almost new, just used it a few times with my xai and i didn't get used to it...), how will roccat kone plus will behave on a cloth pad? Or since it's a laser mouse i should use it with a hard mousepad (plastic\aluminium etc..)

Thanks,

Edit: Can i join the club?
smile.gif
i totally forgot i have a roccat arvo keyboard
tongue.gif
( i didn't say anything before since i thought it was meant only for mice
tongue.gif
)

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesoul View Post

Just a quick question,
Since i'm a cloth kind of guy (i have an SS 4hd almost new, just used it a few times with my xai and i didn't get used to it...), how will roccat kone plus will behave on a cloth pad? Or since it's a laser mouse i should use it with a hard mousepad (plastic\aluminium etc..)
Thanks,
Edit: Can i join the club?
smile.gif
i totally forgot i have a roccat arvo keyboard
tongue.gif
( i didn't say anything before since i thought it was meant only for mice
tongue.gif
)
The tracking isn't awful on a pad, but a hard surface would be better. My biggest issue is having one of my long curly locks get under the laser, which I guess would probably still happen on a hard surface... its calibration system is pretty nice though and the mouse is ergonomically comfortable.

edit: i use a qck+

·
Registered
31 Posts
So Ive spent most of the day using my Kone pure and I can honestly say i really like it. I think my TactX may have been a bit more comfortable but just barely. The sensor seems to be good which worried me because of other mice using the same sensor have had known issues. I'm currently using it a 6400 dpi with zero issues and I notice the very occasional hiccup when at 8200 dpi. If you set the LOD to low or very low there are a tons of issues so I have it at normal and that seems fine. One thing I noticed with the scroll wheel if you push it to the right it will click the same as pushing it down it doesn't really hurt anything but its odd . I really like the overall feel of the mouse and the switchs seem great. so first a first day rating 8.5/10. This will mostly likely be my mouse of choice for at least a year or two.

If anyone has questions about the alumic let me know. Its a good mat for sure but pricy.

21 - 40 of 1540 Posts