Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 1540 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hi Brgil,

Glad to know you received you new mouse
smile.gif
could you give you feedback on tracking? (if you use a cloth pad). I know you play a lot of Lol and other games like that, but could you give it a try at BF3 or cs to see how he behaves?

Someone could tell me if the acceleration is noticeable of is it fixed on this sensor?

Thanks,

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm using a ROCCAT Taito at the momment, also have a Razer Goliathos Control that's borrowed but it behaves similiar. I've been playing CSGO and CS all afternoon and I can say it behaves as good as I expected so far. No prediction as stated in the features. There is in fact a little acceleration, which is only noticeable if you do that distance traveled in the mousepad test. The rest is pretty much what you would expect from a good sensor, and I've used a G400 in pair with this earlier today, and they behave pretty similar at 1600dpi.

Phisically, the mouse feels really robust, and the rubberized cover feels really smooth and good to the touch. I just wish it was a little bigger.

The Omron switches are really good, probably one of the best out there. Just think that the thumb buttons are a little weirdly placed, but I think it's only coz I'm used to Deathadder, and I'll get used to them fast enough. Besides that, there's the hard to press mb3 as stated above, but it's not a deal braker and I'll probably get used to the best way of pressing it so it doesn't need that much pressure.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I need to remove my Roccat Kone XTD drivers but for some reasons, I just cannot. Whenever I try to remove it from my computer, nothing happens.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
The pure is a smaller physical version of the xtd. Also, my mb3 is fairly tough as well. But it's loosening up the more I use it. That's still my biggest complaint aside from the lack of a dedicated sniper button

·
Registered
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brgil View Post

I'm using a ROCCAT Taito at the momment, also have a Razer Goliathos Control that's borrowed but it behaves similiar. I've been playing CSGO and CS all afternoon and I can say it behaves as good as I expected so far. No prediction as stated in the features. There is in fact a little acceleration, which is only noticeable if you do that distance traveled in the mousepad test. The rest is pretty much what you would expect from a good sensor, and I've used a G400 in pair with this earlier today, and they behave pretty similar at 1600dpi.

Phisically, the mouse feels really robust, and the rubberized cover feels really smooth and good to the touch. I just wish it was a little bigger.

The Omron switches are really good, probably one of the best out there. Just think that the thumb buttons are a little weirdly placed, but I think it's only coz I'm used to Deathadder, and I'll get used to them fast enough. Besides that, there's the hard to press mb3 as stated above, but it's not a deal braker and I'll probably get used to the best way of pressing it so it doesn't need that much pressure.
Lo Brgil,

Nice to know you're enjoying your new mouse
smile.gif
Well that little acceleration should become a problem i think.
Do you notice any difference between optical vs laser?
One of my main concern is it's size. I know he has the same size as savu, and it was the biggest fail for me and that was the reason i returned it... Maybe the XTD is a better size?but too expensive IMHO... I can't find any shop in lisbon with him available... and i don't want to buy it online unless i see it first....

·
Registered
36 Posts
~I'm pretty sure this ammount of acceleration won't be an issue to most people since it's present on most mice anyway. It's really small.
Between laser and Optical, in this case, nothing to say so far. They behave equally to me. About size, well, if you didnt like the savu, maybe you won't like this one either. I can now say size isn't a problem anymore

·
Registered
36 Posts
IMO its worth it. Yes it's one of the mice that says the DPI you've selected with a robotic voice
tongue.gif
There's an Easy-Aim option in the drivers, which is basicly a sniper button that you can assign to any button
smile.gif

If you don't want to spend that much money, then consider a Kone Pure, which is a basic version of that mouse

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I agree. It's very worth it. I too am disappointed in the lack of a sniper button. I know that easy aim is there but I feel like taking over a button with it is a pain when cheaper mice have a dedicated button. But it's such a good mouse in100% recommend it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Using a Taito midsize, no regrets
smile.gif

No idea where my camera is yet
frown.gif

I noticed earlier today that when I lift the mouse or put it back in the mat the cursor jerks a little, is that the "z-axis" bug that I've heard of in other mice?

EDIT: sorry about the potato, it's just so I can join the club, will take decent pics when i get my camera
smile.gif

Also, pink because I can
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I can either get the Alumic for £10 using a £20 gift card I got for Christmas or a Taito for £7 which is a bargain. I think the Alumic would be best but im not sure on the striking design its a bit busy for my liking. I like the simplicity of the taito, its plain black with blue logo which compliments my setup well....choices choices!

I just unboxed my XTD and the thing oozes with quality. Just downloading the driver now taking forever from the roccat website! Love the mouse so far though

41 - 60 of 1540 Posts