Overclock.net banner

[OFFICIAL] ROG Maximus V Owners Club

342K views 4K replies 396 participants last post by  cloppy007 
#1 ·
[OFFICIAL] ROG Maximus V Owners Club

Welcome to the ROG Maximus V Owners Club. I will be taking over management of this club while Phelan steps down. Req. to join will remain. Hope to see you.

Requirements To Join:
A picture of your Motherboard & CPU-Z
OR
A picture of your screen name written on a piece of paper in front of your Motherboard.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvLKG9Od44HzdGRxbUVRX2FGbDU2UklrVEJvSDVVeHc&single=true&gid=0&output=html&widget=true
Official ROG Maximus V (Gene, Formula, Extreme) Owners Club

Code:

Code:
[CENTER][B][URL="http://www.overclock.net/t/1273640/official-rog-maximus-v-gene-formula-extreme-owners-club"]Official ROG Maximus V (Gene, Formula, Extreme) Owners Club[/URL][/B][/CENTER]
Offical ROG Maximus V Owners Club

Code:

Code:
[CENTER][B][URL=http://www.overclock.net/t/1273640/official-rog-maximus-v-owners-club]Offical ROG Maximus V Owners Club[/URL][/B][/CENTER]

See less See more
#2 ·
MAXIMUS V SERIES BOARDS
Maximus V Extreme - Ultimate Z77 Gaming Board to PWN
Sporting unique features such as Thunderbolt, VGA Hotwiring, mPCI-E, and 4-Way SLI
Maximus V Formula/Formula ThunderFX - Winning Gear for Your Next Match
Boasting unmatched features such as Fusion Thermo, SupremeFX IV, USB BIOS Flashback and mPCI-E
Maximus V Gene - Packing a Punch in a Small Form Factor
Unrivaled features in a tiny form factor such as Extreme Engine Digi+ II, ROG GameFirst, LucidLogix Virtu MVP, and High Quality Black Japanese Caps
All photos provided courtesy by Asus.

#4 ·
[Reserved for more random stuffs]

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by zk1mpls View Post

Still waiting on the Formula release before I join this club. Come on ASUS, release the damn board already (or at least take pre-orders on Amazon for some peace of mind)!
biggrin.gif
It's available on NCIX US for $287+tax but it's on back order...

#11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDMYGUN View Post

Yay! A club for my motherboard finally. No GPU yet but I hope I can join.
Andmygun, I added a CPU-Z screenshot to the requirements, but if your system isn't running, just write your screenname on a piece of paper and post a pic of the rig with the paper in front
smile.gif

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beb12682 View Post

I've pre-ordered my Formula, can I join?
This is my build log with a Maximus V Formula.
And proof I pre-ordered lol
Holy cow that's a lot of change. Things are pricy over there :/. Yeah that works for me
smile.gif

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanBruce View Post

Wow, an owners club for the Maximus V Series, tremendous idea mate!
thumb.gif

Do you have to apply for membership?
To join just post a picture of your rig and a CPU-Z screen shot. Once we get 10 members we become an official club!

#18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDMYGUN View Post

To join just post a picture of your rig and a CPU-Z screen shot. Once we get 10 members we become an official club!
Thanks, I won't have the M5E until mid-July but will post the build here if it's ok. This thread below by fortunesolace is currently watching release of the Formula and Extreme boards, and I am trying to put up all info I can gather to and thru release day.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1265561/vrz-first-peek-of-the-asus-rog-maximus-v-extreme/200

#20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg75 View Post

I was wondering when a club would come around.
2761143090107163977S600x600Q85.jpg
As you can see, my Gene V isn't installed yet. It will be this weekend coming.
Cool beans, got you added. Yeah I was waiting fora club to come around as well and just got tired of waiting...

#22 ·
Finally, a club for my M5G. I ll post a pic when i get home
wink.gif

#24 ·
Anybody else experiencing this issue I've read on the ROG forums... could it be a possible dealbreaker for some?
Quote:
Oh yeah, I have the Maximus V Gene, and on more than one Z77 boards ASUS has crippled the configuration options for the Asmedia controllers. In the BIOS/UEFI you can now only set the Asmedia controller to enable/disable, and to OptionROM on/off. That is it. You can't configure IDE, ACHI mode at all. So to be clear: you can configure the Intel-controlled SATA3 ports still, but you can't configure the Asmedia-controlled ports anymore (but you could with previous boards like the Z68's).

You are right to say it will mess with your boot order. I have this related problem: I install my OS to a SSD on the Intel-controlled port, and have a data SSD on the Asmedia-controlled port. What I get is this: I can't complete my OS install on the Intel-controlled SSD unless I unplug or disable the Asmedia controlled SSD. Upon reboot during the OS install, otherwise it won't boot into the Intel-controlled SSD. The reason that happens is because now, the way ASUS crippled this, the Asmedia controllers will default to IDE only and IDE takes precedence over ACHI on the BIOS level.

So basically ASUS has now taken the control away from us, and is forcing us to either manually unplug drives, or disable entire controllers in the BIOS each time we install an OS. Or, as in your case, you can forget about your chosen boot order
Only posted this in the Owners Thread because it seems to affect the Maximus V Gene users for now. Might be an issue for Futurer Maximus V Formula/Extreme owners.
redface.gif

#25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by zk1mpls View Post

Anybody else experiencing this issue I've read on the ROG forums... could it be a possible dealbreaker for some?
Quote:
Oh yeah, I have the Maximus V Gene, and on more than one Z77 boards ASUS has crippled the configuration options for the Asmedia controllers. In the BIOS/UEFI you can now only set the Asmedia controller to enable/disable, and to OptionROM on/off. That is it. You can't configure IDE, ACHI mode at all. So to be clear: you can configure the Intel-controlled SATA3 ports still, but you can't configure the Asmedia-controlled ports anymore (but you could with previous boards like the Z68's).
You are right to say it will mess with your boot order. I have this related problem: I install my OS to a SSD on the Intel-controlled port, and have a data SSD on the Asmedia-controlled port. What I get is this: I can't complete my OS install on the Intel-controlled SSD unless I unplug or disable the Asmedia controlled SSD. Upon reboot during the OS install, otherwise it won't boot into the Intel-controlled SSD. The reason that happens is because now, the way ASUS crippled this, the Asmedia controllers will default to IDE only and IDE takes precedence over ACHI on the BIOS level.
So basically ASUS has now taken the control away from us, and is forcing us to either manually unplug drives, or disable entire controllers in the BIOS each time we install an OS. Or, as in your case, you can forget about your chosen boot order
Only posted this in the Owners Thread because it seems to affect the Maximus V Gene users for now. Might be an issue for Futurer Maximus V Formula/Extreme owners.
redface.gif
Never knew about this. Maybe Asus will come out will a BIOS update to fix it if we get on them enough. A non-issue for me though since I have a single SSD in the Intel port.

#26 ·
likewise. ssds running in IDE mode on the asmedia controllers would be running less than ideal though. but yeah... i guess the less important drives will be plugged in there (and the more important in the intel ones).

just putting the issue out there so that people that might have that setup in mind are aware of it. hopefully ASUS will be as well.
thumb.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.