Overclock.net banner

4021 - 4022 of 4022 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I recently got back a MVG and noticed that its CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers work only in PWM mode. Is that the case for everyone?

I can't tell if I had this problem when I bought the motherboard since I was running a PWM water pump, but now I have a 120x38mm DC fan which I'd like the motherboard to adjust the speed.
you can use fan xpert to change the fan speed. issue is you can't find easy way to make it work on windows 10.
what i usually did , i go for newer maximus install the ai suit of it that works in windows 10

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
you can use fan xpert to change the fan speed. issue is you can't find easy way to make it work on windows 10.
what i usually did , i go for newer maximus install the ai suit of it that works in windows 10
Thanks for your reply.
It's running W7 here, so there's no issue on that regard.

As for Fan xpert, the DC fan control only works when plugged into a non CPU_FAN header, unfortunately. It's hard for me to believe that an older motherboard I have (a gigabyte Z68) and also a newer X99 both support CPU DC fan control, but I guess there's nothing else I can do.

4021 - 4022 of 4022 Posts