Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zk1mpls View Post

^ So... any plans switching to the Formula when it comes out?
No. That's a lot of $$$ to spend on a switch that will mean little in my overall build. If I had enough rep to list in the classifieds, maybe, but not necessary. I AM trying to get the watercooled Northbridge heatsink from a Formula board and put it on my Gene though. My goal is to pack do much water into this case that it could double as an aquarium lol.

Looking into a rather tight build with gene. Few quick questions for the owners here who have an accurate measurment tool at hand. Can anyone measure the length from the top edge of the board to the edge of the ram sticks? Also the size specs of the mPCIe combo card would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamun View Post

Looking into a rather tight build with gene. Few quick questions for the owners here who have an accurate measurment tool at hand. Can anyone measure the length from the top edge of the board to the edge of the ram sticks? Also the size specs of the mPCIe combo card would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I don't have any tools handy but it's about 5/8".

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingforlife View Post

4.5cm X 5cm.
Thank you =)

Figure my plans might be a little too tight. Im trying to work out how to fit a 120.2 rad and fans in the top of a lian li v600f. Looks like im gonna be able to fit my ram sticks, but there wont be room for the mPCIe unless i place the rad more towards the front then i was planning... Guess it isnt essensial anyway. -Do you use it?

Appreciate the quick answers guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb_felipe View Post

Excuse me whether this has already been answered, but you can use the Gene's PCIe x4 slot to connect a PCIe x1 sound card such as Xonar DX while using a PCIe x16 video card?
No, but maybe if you have water blocks on the GPUs. Otherwise the GPU will most always cover it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltg2227 View Post

I just got this board (and just swapped to intel) so it's still new to me, but i had to update to the latest BIOS cause i was having terrible mouse lag for some reason ( which did fix the issue). Also, when i installed my HDD( from other PC) i got a BSOD(0x0000007B) so i had to reformat my drive. I'm also getting a CPU fan error at post, i've got it plugged into the right header but it has something to do with getting below 600rpm, anyone know how to make it run 100%?
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDown View Post

Isn't Asmedia just for a storage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosAD View Post

Finally, a club for my M5G. I ll post a pic when i get home
wink.gif
Guys, can you get a pic and CPU-Z when you get a chance so I can add you to the owners' list?

Quote:

Why not?
There are two slot between PCIe x16 and PCIe x4 slots on GENE!
What I wonder is about compatibility and conflicts.
If the GPU is a single-slot card then yes but otherwise it won't fit as there are millimeters between 2 dual-slot GPUs when installed on the this board.

Sorry if I was not understandable.

What I meant is what I ask next: can you connect a sound card in the PCIe x4 slot with or without single video card?

This way:

# slot on the case:

1 - PCIe x16 - video card;
2 - None;
3 - PCIe x16 - empty;
4 - PCIe x4 - sound card.

Quote:

Sorry if I was not understandable.
What I meant is what I ask next: can you connect a sound card in the PCIe x4 slot with or without single video card?
This way:
# slot on the case:
1 - PCIe x16 - video card;
2 - None;
3 - PCIe x16 - empty;
4 - PCIe x4 - sound card.
Oh ok I gotchya. Yes. I had a blonde moment from not even looking at the mobo and thinking the PCIE@4x was between the 2 PCIE 3.0s, when in actuality it's under the bottom PCIE 3.0.

41 - 60 of 4,022 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.