Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 1546 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Great news guys, asrock released a new BIOS for my board with AGESA 1.0.0.3ABB, I'll report back with details

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,100 Posts
Great news guys, asrock released a new BIOS for my board with AGESA 1.0.0.3ABB, I'll report back with details
Hope it's better than the Gigabyte 1.0.0.3ABB they released for my board. In 3 hours of benchmarking...not a single core hit 4.4ghz. One core never went higher than 4.325!

I rolled back to a earlier beta bios...much better imo.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd like to sign up to the club! Seems like a happening place.
Not having much luck with PBO, seems pretty broken RN.

Awesome result! What cooling is behind this?

I am running a 3800X on an MSI MEG X570 Ace and EVGA CLC 280 AIO, but I have much lower all-core clocks:

[email protected]

[email protected]
*switch frequency for both is at 1000

These are good for Blender, but I have yet to do 4500 or anything higher on even Cinebench R20.

Any recommendations for motherboard settings? I am suspcious that the BIOS is sort of limiting me at the moment.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sign me up! I just installed my 3900X yesterday. I've got it in my Asus B450-I ITX Mobo that I had a 2700X in prior.

I've run into the FCLK != MCLK cold boot bug on their 2501 BIOS. I was able to boot my memory changes by lowering the FCLK one step. And, I was able to sync them in Ryzen Master. I'm presently running 3600 MT/s using 1800 MCLK / FCLK. Aida scores 56,608 MB/S Read, 55482 MB/s Write, 57,001 MB/s Copy, 66ns Latency. So far the best I've done. That cold boot bug sucks; hopefully Asus updates the bios to fix otherwise I have my eyes on Gigabyte Master X570 and a new case.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hey guys ive just booted new system 3800x + Ch8 and my old b-die 3200cl14 ram iam getting horrible write speeds only 25000 and latency 75ns, any ideas on whats happening ?

Attachments

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,100 Posts
Hey guys ive just booted new system 3800x + Ch8 and my old b-die 3200cl14 ram iam getting horrible write speeds only 25000 and latency 75ns, any ideas on whats happening ?
I believe that AMD say's that is half of the actual rate due to the I/O config on the CPU's.

"In memory bandwidth, we see something odd, the write speed of AMD's 3700X, and that's because of the CDD to IOD connection, where the writes are 16B/cycle on the 3700X, but it's double that on the 3900X. AMD said this let them conserve power, which accounts for part of the lower TDP AMD aimed for. AMD says applications rarely do pure writes, but it did hurt the 3700X's performance in one of our benchmarks on the next page. Memory latency is a bit high at stock, but you can overclock the memory quite easily".

“This is an expected result. Client workloads do very little pure writing, so the CCD/IOD link is 32B/cycle while reading and 16B/cycle for writing. This allowed us to save power and area inside the package to spend on other, more beneficial areas for tangible performance benefits”.
Source https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9051/amd-ryzen-3900x-3700x-zen2-review/index3.html

·
Premium Member
3,501 Posts
Here's my submission. Running a 3700X stock at the moment, with Gigabyte B450 Auros Elite with F42A BIOS and Corsair LPX 16GB 3200MHz @ C16. Everything works fine, haven't had any issues except for the core clock that doesn't quite boost to the right frequency, but that might be due to using the stock cooler in a fairly hot environment (ambient temps are pretty high, can't do a lot about it). I'll post an update once my Noctua socket adapters arrive.

Attachments

·
Graphic Card Addiction
4,100 Posts
Here's my submission. Running a 3700X stock at the moment, with Gigabyte B450 Auros Elite with F42A BIOS and Corsair LPX 16GB 3200MHz @ C16. Everything works fine, haven't had any issues except for the core clock that doesn't quite boost to the right frequency, but that might be due to using the stock cooler in a fairly hot environment (ambient temps are pretty high, can't do a lot about it). I'll post an update once my Noctua socket adapters arrive.
Some of the bios releases also won't let the cpu boost to the advertised speeds....keep that in mind also. (Especially some from Gigabyte)

3700X Bios Testing F40/F41/F41a/F41c/F42a Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Sign me up! I just installed my 3900X yesterday. I've got it in my Asus B450-I ITX Mobo that I had a 2700X in prior.

I've run into the FCLK != MCLK cold boot bug on their 2501 BIOS. I was able to boot my memory changes by lowering the FCLK one step. And, I was able to sync them in Ryzen Master. I'm presently running 3600 MT/s using 1800 MCLK / FCLK. Aida scores 56,608 MB/S Read, 55482 MB/s Write, 57,001 MB/s Copy, 66ns Latency. So far the best I've done. That cold boot bug sucks; hopefully Asus updates the bios to fix otherwise I have my eyes on Gigabyte Master X570 and a new case.
I need a CPU-Z Validation :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

·
Registered
220 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Thanks for the ad!

Congrats on the score os2wiz! How have you found the memory scaling up there over 3600mhz?

(also before anyone pings me- the verification shot shows me pussing out at 1.42v on water for a limited bench run- she wont live there lol)
It is waste of time for the vast majority of 3000 series owners to put much effort above 3600mhz. In more than 9 out of 10 cases your infinity fabrick will prove unstable above 1800mhz. Buildzoid ahd a youtube video about his fabric going up to 1900mhz with 3800mhz memory speed and achieving some mild success. BUT he clearly admits that that will only happen for 1 out of 100 chips. It is a pursuit for fool's gold. Unless there is a bios release that has a major impact on fabric overclocking it will be fruitless for most of us.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very happy with my daily setting

https://valid.x86.fr/t9mf1i

Oof, aren't you worried about the core voltage? I know it's lower than stock but stock plummets to .96v after a load. Just curious cause I have mine sitting now at 1.325 at 4.325ghz as I saw the maximum volts AMD recommends as a daily being at 1.325. Let us know how it goes long-term.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
This is what I'm currently going through with EK...

Attachments

41 - 60 of 1546 Posts