Overclock.net banner

1541 - 1546 of 1546 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts

IT does not like being on a Crosshair 6 but It ain't got no choice.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just got a 3800XT on a brand new X570 Tuf Gaming from asus, i tell you what it runs at a really high stock voltage ive been tweaking for a day or two, found out however my loop cant take the combined load of my cpu/gpu anymore lol so its getting rebuilt anyway, i see this asus board push the cpu to 1.45v it was even stock there with asus's default settings anyone else seen this? reined it back a bit now

In My testing ive found out setting a voltage in bios means the cores would just suck more voltage, so instead im setting a CCD voltage and leaving core voltage stock, seems to work WAY better

·
Tactical Moron
2,556 Posts
View attachment 2467120 Just got a 3800XT on a brand new X570 Tuf Gaming from asus, i tell you what it runs at a really high stock voltage ive been tweaking for a day or two, found out however my loop cant take the combined load of my cpu/gpu anymore lol so its getting rebuilt anyway, i see this asus board push the cpu to 1.45v it was even stock there with asus's default settings anyone else seen this? reined it back a bit now

In My testing ive found out setting a voltage in bios means the cores would just suck more voltage, so instead im setting a CCD voltage and leaving core voltage stock, seems to work WAY better
My Asus Tuf board does the same thing, but also was seeing up to 75mhz over stock clocks on my 3900x (4.675 peak) What I did was to set an offset voltage of -.093 in the bios and turn PBO on... this does lower the peak clocks a bit, but not below stock expectations and results in an overall better performing system than before, with less power draw.... I actually used the manual settings in PBO to limit my draw to 110 watts because my board, even at stock, would let the power fly up to 140 watts... and with PBO set to auto it would hit nearly 200 watts.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My Asus Tuf board does the same thing, but also was seeing up to 75mhz over stock clocks on my 3900x (4.675 peak) What I did was to set an offset voltage of -.093 in the bios and turn PBO on... this does lower the peak clocks a bit, but not below stock expectations and results in an overall better performing system than before, with less power draw.... I actually used the manual settings in PBO to limit my draw to 110 watts because my board, even at stock, would let the power fly up to 140 watts... and with PBO set to auto it would hit nearly 200 watts.
Try setting voltages in the CCD settings, in where you can set each ccx's frquency leave voltage at stock so you still get c states

·
Tactical Moron
2,556 Posts
I do still get C states with the offset, did you not? I've had this system for some time and found that this is the best way for it, however I do have a different tuf board than you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I do still get C states with the offset, did you not? I've had this system for some time and found that this is the best way for it, however I do have a different tuf board than you.
well i found so far it still pushes 1.45v through the ccx even if you touch the core , as for states it was from using ryzen master, got it under control now :)

1541 - 1546 of 1546 Posts