1 - 20 of 2310 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

SB-E OLBOC

Members.png

(Listed by top Overclock)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AkPuQ6jkjE9hdGtKN1VYQ0ZYQXdndFB0NmhUNVpRRHc&output=html&widget=true

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkPuQ6jkjE9hdGtKN1VYQ0ZYQXdndFB0NmhUNVpRRHc&single=true&gid=3&output=html&widget=true

This thread is for owners of the Intel Sandy Bridge-E

General Discussion, Competition, Cooling Pictures, and Questions (etc) are welcome.

To-Join.png

Post a screenshot of CPU-Z and a notepad displaying your OCN Member name

THEN fill out and submit this form. Use this form for the first and subsequent OC validations.

LEADERBOARD UPDATES:

Will appear as a post in the thread anytime there is a change in the top three overclocks. They will look similar to this.

LEADERBOARD SUBMISSIONS:

Are processed every Sunday. Time permitting, I may add submissions to the leaderboard throughout the week.

SIGNATURE FOR MEMBERS:

post-flame-small.gif
Sandy Bridge-E Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club
post-flame-small.gif

CODE FOR SIGNATURE:
I hope this thread becomes a resource to the Sandy Bridge-E Community, as well as a place for some friendly OC'ing competition.

·
Banned
1,515 Posts
Ill second what CDMAN said, id say most people are gone go with 3930k since its half the price and the only differences are 100mhz oc and 3mb cache....

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMAN View Post

OverK1LL,

I like your idea. One thought, you may want to expand your thread for SB-E in general because not alot of people on OCN will have the 3960X. If you allow all of SB-E your thread could be a hit. I will post my score here later.
That's a good idea. I will open a poll. I'm thinking it will succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalam View Post

Ill second what CDMAN said, id say most people are gone go with 3930k since its half the price and the only differences are 100mhz oc and 3mb cache....
Thanks for your input. The OC competition between the 3930K and 3960X could be very interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule928 View Post

Will it be 5X as fast as my $200 2500K?
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishinomori View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule928 View Post

Will it be 5X as fast as my $200 2500K?
its certain to be 6x the price!
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliq View Post

Put me in coach!
Will do and congrats on the purchase. When does your hardware arrive? When you have it all up and running, take a screenshot and edit your OP and I'll put you on the spreadsheet.

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
So where's the overclocking? I want to see what some of you guys get. I'm thinking of upgrading my work pc with the 3930K and overclocking it to at least 4.5ghz. I would be able to get a lot more work done with Inventor if I had that instead of my i7 950 @ 4ghz.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Even though I have no desire to buy a SB-E chip, I still say that this thread should include all SB-E chips. Otherwise, this will be a small club.

·
Overclocker
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverK1LL View Post

That's a good idea. I will open a poll. I'm thinking it will succeed.

Thanks for your input. The OC competition between the 3930K and 3960X could be very interesting!

Nope.

Yup.

Will do and congrats on the purchase. When does your hardware arrive? When you have it all up and running, take a screenshot and edit your OP and I'll put you on the spreadsheet.
It'll all be here Friday and I will post when everything is roaring!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
10 Votes For, 0 Against. Looks like we should change the name to the Sandy Bridge-E Owners Club and Overclock Leaderboard!

Going to update the OP!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice! Welcome. When your R4E comes in, make sure you update the post show your OC!

I've also went ahead and updated the OP. Going to start jazzin it up now.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does anybody object to adding 3930Ks 3820s? It is a Sandy Bridge-E...

EDIT: Typo. Meant to say 3820

1 - 20 of 2310 Posts