Overclock.net banner

101 - 120 of 1328 Posts

·
Retired Moderation
10,672 Posts
One great feature of fully modular is swapping out the PSU without rewiring the entire system.
smile.gif

After summer end I may swap mine out leaving the existing black sleeved wires from Corsair and plug in the 1000W SeaSonic Platnium PSU in it's place.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

One great feature of fully modular is swapping out the PSU without rewiring the entire system.
smile.gif

After summer end I may swap mine out leaving the existing black sleeved wires from Corsair and plug in the 1000W SeaSonic Platnium PSU in it's place.
thumb.gif
IF this works i want to know. I did order corsair sleeved wiring kit but canceled the order befor shipping.... to much chance of it not working... Fingers crossed
rolleyes.gif

·
Retired Moderation
10,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravinmild View Post

IF this works i want to know. I did order corsair sleeved wiring kit but canceled the order befor shipping.... to much chance of it not working... Fingers crossed
rolleyes.gif
I'm not too clear about either. If the wiring has a specific rated wattage then perhaps not. I guess it was wishful thinking on my part. I sure hope so because it would really make things more simple when swapping out a modular PSU from one vendor to another.

Anyone with any clarification on this question?

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Quote:

I'm not too clear about either. If the wiring has a specific rated wattage then perhaps not. I guess it was wishful thinking on my part. I sure hope so because it would really make things more simple when swapping out a modular PSU from one vendor to another.
Anyone with any clarification on this question?
The main issue would be ensuring the pinouts that connect to the PSU itself are the same, specifically on the 24pn.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravinmild View Post

rolleyes.gif
Yeah I want to know this as well.

Anybody try to switch their PSU's stickers? so the "Platinum" label side is upright when the fan intake is at the bottom? LOL
biggrin.gif

It's been bugging me a bit... but everything in front of the PSU is labeled in a fan intake on top orientation.

Now my Cosmos II's bottom PSU filtered fan air intake is useless.
mad.gif

·
Retired Moderation
10,672 Posts
If the connectors did fit I don't see why not. Bitfenix connectors do not have any wattage rating regardless of PSU. So it would boil down to if they fit in the PSU and standard size across the board.

Maybe our SeaSonic rep may have a definitive answer? If the Corsair AX850 wires or the sleeved wires fit would be great.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Quote:

If the connectors did fit I don't see why not. Bitfenix connectors do not have any wattage rating regardless of PSU. So it would boil down to if they fit in the PSU and standard size across the board.
Maybe our SeaSonic rep may have a definitive answer? If the Corsair AX850 wires or the sleeved wires fit would be great.
Not just fit, but are the correct matching wire connections.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have the 1000W and I want to make entirely new cables from scratch since the connectors are proprietary and when I tried disconnecting one of the CPU cables with a mdpc molex pin tool I ripped the cable right out of the pin. Where can I buy the connectors for it? I can get wire from home depot and I already have the mdpc crimping tool. (this is my first sleeving project)

By the way, the fan noise on mine is practically non existent when NOT in hybrid mode so unless yours is on a bench or in an open case like those antec cases then hybrid is probably unnecessary.

·
Retired Moderation
10,672 Posts
Ok Gentlemen I got a response back from our SeaSonic Rep Walter who was kind enough to answer the question regarding the modular PSU swap and keeping existing Corsair wiring.
Quote:
Hi Arizonian,
The 24Pin can be swapped but no other cables.
Pin assignments might be same but different connectors.
And there we have it gentlemen.
smile.gif

·
Burritos are B7
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Quote:
Originally Posted by egotrippin View Post

I have the 1000W and I want to make entirely new cables from scratch since the connectors are proprietary and when I tried disconnecting one of the CPU cables with a mdpc molex pin tool I ripped the cable right out of the pin. Where can I buy the connectors for it? I can get wire from home depot and I already have the mdpc crimping tool. (this is my first sleeving project)

By the way, the fan noise on mine is practically non existent when NOT in hybrid mode so unless yours is on a bench or in an open case like those antec cases then hybrid is probably unnecessary.
Someone should be able to help you here, but I have not personaly sleeved one yet. However, if you send a pic, I'll add you to the list
smile.gif

Quote:

Ok Gentlemen I got a response back from our SeaSonic Rep Walter who was kind enough to answer the question regarding the modular PSU swap and keeping existing Corsair wiring.
Quote:
Hi Arizonian,
The 24Pin can be swapped but no other cables.
Pin assignments might be same but different connectors.
And there we have it gentlemen.
smile.gif
I hope you still get the PSU, I'd love to add a Mod.
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egotrippin View Post

I bought all of my connectors from http://performance-pcs.com.

Good luck with the sleeving, and be sure to post in this thread when you have some work you want to show.
biggrin.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: Zantrill

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Another Philly member with another 1000w Seasonic?

BROTHER!!!
tongue.gif

101 - 120 of 1328 Posts