Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 1853 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onedollarinmywallet;13000465
I bought an X-650 recently (in the process of building my i7/SB build) and still waiting for some other parts to come in. I have the PS, MB, RAM, GPU, HDD so far. No CPU yet (still debating between i5-2500K vs. i7-2600K) and still trying to decide on the case.

Meantime, is there a way to test the PSU to verify it's working? I remember reading somewhere that is a procedure by using connecting a case fan and shorting out two pins using a paper clip?

Thanks!

PS - Add me to the SeaSonic X series owners club too!
smile.gif
Your in.

OT: if you are only gaming, get the 2500K and save $100.

·
Premium Member
3,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onedollarinmywallet;13000465
Meantime, is there a way to test the PSU to verify it's working? I remember reading somewhere that is a procedure by using connecting a case fan and shorting out two pins using a paper clip?
Yes you can. Simply run a wire between the green and a black lead on the 24-pin MB connector. Don't expect the PSU fan to kick in though. It'll only start at 20% load.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
x750 Here!

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Does anyone know the gauge of the x-650 power cable?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine;13017139
Yes you can. Simply run a wire between the green and a black lead on the 24-pin MB connector. Don't expect the PSU fan to kick in though. It'll only start at 20% load.
Thanks for the tip!

I did pick up an i7-2600K CPU and a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ earlier today at MC so I should be able to test "on the bench" until I order a case.
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Add me please, X650 here.

2ica6ic.jpg

21brnyv.jpg

2re5hfl.jpg

Man oh man, I love this PSU. The most quiet PSU I've ever owned.

I am thinking about getting the X850 for my next build (bulldozer and CF 6970).

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
I have 2!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

The SS-660 (Server) and SS-400 (HTPC). I love them both, the modular connectors and the hybrid fan are great features. The SS-400 is fanless but my SS-660 runs fanless too since it's drawing less than 30% of it's available power.

·
Turd Burglar
2,148 Posts
Oooh, sign me up please
biggrin.gif
I'm using an X650 in my sig rig.

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodysb2;13061156
You guys are in.

@hollywood406 are those PSU's X series? if not then you can't join
frown.gif
Oh Yeah!
biggrin.gif
They're X-Series labeled SS-

like this

They need to allow us more room in our Sig....... I'm maxed out and can't fit anything more!

41 - 60 of 1853 Posts