Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello overclockers.net community,

my name is Robert and I'm the official rep for TechN. We produce high end water blocks and are situated in Berlin, Germany. We've just introduced our new CPU water block product line, here's a link to our website.

More products will follow. We focus on superior performance through thoughtful and innovative engineering as well as extraordinary craftsmanship in every component and that takes some time. To be updated, you can follow us at FB, Insta and Youtube:

I am happy to answer questions regarding our products at overclock.net.

Best,
Robert

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,721 Posts
Looking forward to seeing more about TechN. Welcome to OCN. (y)

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
Looks cool. Consider a copper option and I might give it a go. Black and silver are so, meh...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome!

It's always nice to have more options. Do you have any high resolution photos of your GPU blocks?
There's a review of our available blocks for Nvidia 20 series at IgorsLAB:

Or try Instagram: Login • Instagram

We are currently working on blocks for Nvidias new RTX 30xx cards and are also considering full metal options for the CPU. IgorsLAB did a survey and thats what people asked for as well:

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Hi,
I'd also say copper/ copper/ copper
There isn't a lot of good reasons for having two different Intel socket blocks please don't be as narrow minded as ek but sadly you already have so no dice lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi,
I'd also say copper/ copper/ copper
There isn't a lot of good reasons for having two different Intel socket blocks please don't be as narrow minded as ek but sadly you already have so no dice lol
You will probably see us outperform every other water block on every platform. Our CPU coolers for Intel might look pretty similar, but they are actually highly optimized regarding the flow channel, curvature and contact pressure. That is how they achieve class leading results in a mature segment. Take a look at @1usmus CTR:

Make sure to not miss out his upcoming review at Guru3d. He is testing the AM4 block, Im sure he'll go into detail regarding the optimizations for Ryzen since its his expertise. For Intel 1200 and 2066 we also made adjustments that just wouldn't be possible if the platforms shared a cooler.

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
You will probably see us outperform every other water block on every platform. Our CPU coolers for Intel might look pretty similar, but they are actually highly optimized regarding the flow channel, curvature and contact pressure. That is how they achieve class leading results in a mature segment. Take a look at @1usmus CTR:
Hi,
What does this response have to do with anything I wrote lol :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

Make sure to not miss out his upcoming review at Guru3d. He is testing the AM4 block, Im sure he'll go into detail regarding the optimizations for Ryzen since its his expertise. For Intel 1200 and 2066 we also made adjustments that just wouldn't be possible if the platforms shared a cooler.
Very big claims there. Looking forward to seeing if you can back them up or fail miserably.

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Hi,
Personally I'd never buy a water block that only fits one Intel socket 1200/ 115? and the other one 2066/ 2011

Pretty lazy design if you asked me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have plenty of reasons: Contact pressure and curvature is different to provide optimal performance for each. I mentioned the AM4 because there is some visualization of the position of the Ryzen chiplets and also the water blocks flow channel which targets the hotspots of the chip.

Very big claims there. Looking forward to seeing if you can back them up or fail miserably.
There is another roundup in German:

I hope Varun at Techpowerup will be able to test AM4 and Intel blocks soon.

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Hi,
TPU has no amd rigs or 2066 rigs either lol

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
There is another roundup in German:

I hope Varun at Techpowerup will be able to test AM4 and Intel blocks soon.

Thanks but I’ll wait for the English reviews. Looking to see how you perform against an Optmius Sig 2.
Don’t use AMD so those reviews are meaningless to me, awaiting your 9900k results

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
What we are trying to say here is welcome, it's great to have additional options for waterblocks, but your offerings look similar to options already available, don't offer vastly noticeable performance improvements over already released blocks and your designs look like every other block currently on the market. We want something new, that looks different and feels different. Your offerings are Optimus 2.0.

• Rep+
Reactions: Circaflex

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Hi,
Optimus foundation is the same price less shipping from Germany
Either optimus Intel blocks fit on any Intel socket as well so clearly the winner.

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
What we are trying to say here is welcome, it's great to have additional options for waterblocks, but your offerings look similar to options already available, don't offer vastly noticeable performance improvements over already released blocks and your designs look like every other block currently on the market. We want something new, that looks different and feels different. Your offerings are Optimus 2.0.
Hi,
Nope look more like ek 2.0 seeing they have two different intel socket version
Optimus only has one intel socket version.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In our tests we outperform any other cooler with at least 1K advantage. We have a constant water temperature of 25°C and otherwise identical conditions and did several hundred mounts in the last year alone. The advantage might not mean too much for many but there are also enough enthusiasts that value this achievement.

If it is not the right product for you, thats ok. As I said, among other things we focus on cooling capacity and have plenty of optimizations for every platform. A "one fits all" solution always compromises because Intel 1200 and 2066 are quite different on a closer look.

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
In our tests we outperform any other cooler with at least 1K advantage. We have a constant water temperature of 25°C and otherwise identical conditions and did several hundred mounts in the last year alone. The advantage might not mean too much for many but there are also enough enthusiasts that value this achievement.

If it is not the right product for you, thats ok. As I said, among other things we focus on cooling capacity and have plenty of optimizations for every platform. A "one fits all" solution always compromises because Intel 1200 and 2066 are quite different on a closer look.
Hi,
Not even sure what this means
1K advantage ?

25c water okay you running a water chiller lol
I don't think this actually means much of anything seeing not many people use water chillers.

Performance using stock clocks mean less than nothing.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
😆 😆 @ some of the responses in this thread,

A new company introduces its products and gets a hammering from the get go.

Credit to those who responded with some positivity.

I couldnt get a response out of them from their contacts form and then reached out to a couple of online forums and they got back to me.

AM4 block is on the way.

Some of you are miserable gits (and this is coming from a miserable git).

:D

We should be wishing all new comers well as this bring more competition to the market which can only be a good thing for us consumers!

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Hi,
Think we all know and recognize sells personnel over factual results.

We also know TPU testing is crap lol

1 - 20 of 240 Posts