Overclock.net banner

181 - 200 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Hi,
lol
What 🤣
Just showing the vast difference in techn manufacturing which you seem to not mind and bought the dudes comment it doesn't matter lol it would to most people though

Optimus 100% better so yeah brownie points I'll take them and give them where they are best served back to optimus for clearly giving customers more consistent quality (y)

You also don't seem to know amd and intel water blocks are completely different sizes either by saying compare the coverage areas
What ever man hope you get a new cold plate and it looks better than the first one maybe only 50-50 chance but that is pretty good odds.
Well, thats fine an all.

Just that the thread is titled "Official Techn Watercooling Intro" so I dont follow the need to keep posting comparative images of the two products, I think most people have got your point.

Also regards the images, well yeah, I am not an Intel guy, so seeing you were the one who posted the images, should you not have posted images from two comparative cold plates as I feel that was your responsibility as the poster ??

But you didnt, so I simply commented on what I saw.

So if you want to say thats my fault for not checking, your free to do so, but in my opinion, it was your responsibilty to post the correct right images .....

Regarding "bought the dudes comment", come on, is this kingergarden??

Irrespective of what you think, or what the reality of the situation is, this is not a game where there is a "winner".

We are consumers, they are manufactureres, irrespective of if I decide to be "manipulated" by someones comments that is irrelevant (I am not saying anyone is being manipulated just answering back to how you are stating this which implies manipulation).

What matters is the end goal.

So if Techn stand by their products, it does not matter what somone "cares" about

Anyhow, thats my take on it, feel free to do what you want to do .....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Hey guys,

as stated our manufacturing is on the limit of what one can do with machining. This is in regard to fin depth, width and density as well as the tools used. We opted for this geometry because of the performance, even though it is really hard to manufacture. If other products look different, it’s because they are different and not pushing it as far or in this case as deep by some substantial margin. It is due to the process:

As the blade enters a new channel and removes the material, it pushes the fins together towards existing channels since the forces during machining have less resistance in that direction. This leaves a slightly bigger last channel on the right side. Now the evenness of the overall pattern is depending on fluctuations in the saw blades and in the copper pieces. Because the fins are so deep and filigree, they are prone to bending at the top end. At the base the channel always do have full width and that’s why there is no measurable performance impact. I might try to have that confirmed in independent testing.

As for the pure copper versions: We are working on that but as they are more prone to staining we have to think of a safe delivery process.

Best

Robert

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Hi,
Well thank you I will do exactly what want to do and post what I want to as well because people need to know what they might get from techn
Whether they care how crooked the cooling fins are will be their choice but information should be up front thank you for posting the crooked fin images :)

And all these comparisons are showing how straight the fins are product to product which was lost on you sadly (y)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Hi,
Well thank you I will do exactly what want to do and post what I want to as well because people need to know what they might get from techn
Whether they care how crooked the cooling fins are will be their choice but information should be up front thank you for posting the crooked fin images :)

And all these comparisons are showing how straight the fins are product to product which was lost on you sadly (y)
Glad we agreed on something

:D :D

And I dont think ive lost (dude ive already said there is no winner or looser hahahahaahhaha )

;)

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Hey guys,

as stated our manufacturing is on the limit of what one can do with machining. This is in regard to fin depth, width and density as well as the tools used. We opted for this geometry because of the performance, even though it is really hard to manufacture. If other products look different, it’s because they are different and not pushing it as far or in this case as deep by some substantial margin. It is due to the process:

As the blade enters a new channel and removes the material, it pushes the fins together towards existing channels since the forces during machining have less resistance in that direction. This leaves a slightly bigger last channel on the right side. Now the evenness of the overall pattern is depending on fluctuations in the saw blades and in the copper pieces. Because the fins are so deep and filigree, they are prone to bending at the top end. At the base the channel always do have full width and that’s why there is no measurable performance impact. I might try to have that confirmed in independent testing.

As for the pure copper versions: We are working on that but as they are more prone to staining we have to think of a safe delivery process.

Best

Robert
Hi,
Yeah obviously cooling the copper is off pretty much why it's collapsing into other channels as it's hit again.

·
Registered
i9-10980XE, Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G, 4x32GB Patriot Viper Steel 3600Mhz, Vega 64 8GB, ML360R
75 Posts
Here's intel to intel weird angle on the techn
I posted a much clearer photo a few hours later. To my eye this compares perfectly fine with the Optimus?

but quality wise the difference between techn intel and amd is really wildly different shocking actually
We've literally seen one sample of an AMD. That could be the one unlucky example that missed quality control out of thousands that are perfect. Or it could be representative. We have no idea until we see more. So I'd say it's too early to draw any strong conclusions.

• Rep+
Reactions: mongoled

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Be wary, very wary @ThrashZone will come at you for using Imgur

😂😂😛

• Rep+
Reactions: TheBloke

·
Registered
841 Posts
How different are the reviews if they were done with bare copper? And the reviews are all Ryzen or are there socket 2066 ones with 500W+? Dual pump in those reviews?

·
Registered
i9-10980XE, Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G, 4x32GB Patriot Viper Steel 3600Mhz, Vega 64 8GB, ML360R
75 Posts
All the reviews so far published are for the AM4 block, and testing at 150 - 170W

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
HI,
Yeah confirms the other amd block was just a dud
Plexi has some milling marks on it though but at least the cold plate looks better

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,721 Posts
Got mine, happy with the quality :)
Yeah, not seeing any issues there. (y)

HI,
Yeah confirms the other amd block was just a dud
Plexi has some milling marks on it though but at least the cold plate looks better
The further samples do make it seem that the one we saw early on was the anomaly rather than the norm.
And those milling marks on the plexi aren't ideal, but they aren't any worse than the marks on a $250 EK Magnitude. ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
My Intel plexi looks pretty clean. From the outside anyway - not looked from the inside. Not that it matters what it looks like from the inside!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Just a quick note on the plexi : its absolutely fine on the system with the RGB. I can't see anything wrong with my eyes

·
WaterCooler
4,269 Posts
Yeah, not seeing any issues there. (y)

The further samples do make it seem that the one we saw early on was the anomaly rather than the norm.
And those milling marks on the plexi aren't ideal, but they aren't any worse than the marks on a $250 EK Magnitude. ;)
It was either this thread or the coca cola one I mentioned the milling job reminded me of EK.

Anyway cold-plate looks way better, so I think that one was a dud that shouldn't have gone past QC. Hmm...QC, why am I reminded of EK again? :unsure:

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,721 Posts
It was either this thread or the coca cola one I mentioned the milling job reminded me of EK.

Anyway cold-plate looks way better, so I think that one was a dud that shouldn't have gone past QC. Hmm...QC, why am I reminded of EK again? :unsure:
Yeah.....but TechN owned up to the issue, and explained what caused the issue. EK would have denied that there is an issue twenty times, then blamed it on anything else they could possibly think of.

·
WaterCooler
4,269 Posts
Yeah.....but TechN owned up to the issue, and explained what caused the issue. EK would have denied that there is an issue twenty times, then blamed it on anything else they could possibly think of.
Fair point.

·
Overclocker in training
14,315 Posts
Just a quick note on the plexi : its absolutely fine on the system with the RGB. I can't see anything wrong with my eyes
Hi,
Yeah just making an observation from your images subs appreciate that
But ciarlatano correct people get the same milling marks on all plexi from ek at much higher prices
Optimus plexi is nice and clear heck I scratched mine trimming the o-ring flush lol so that are the only scratches on it.
Foundation plexi top and cold plate reflection.png

181 - 200 of 240 Posts