Overclock.net banner

221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
That looks bad. Are You sure all loop is copper / brass? I'm asking because algae after 1 months would be some kind of a record.

I usually clear blocks (metal part) with toothbrush and toothpaste.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think it may have been algae, because it came off pretty easily with ultrasonic cleaner and a toothbrush...

Don't think I'm mixing metals, as far as I know I only have nickel and brass

• Techn AM4
  • EKWB 3080 FTW3
  • EK ZMT tubing
  • EK and Barrow fittings

Gonna put everything back together and try again, this time adding Liquid Utopia

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,723 Posts
I think it may have been algae, because it came off pretty easily with ultrasonic cleaner and a toothbrush...

Don't think I'm mixing metals, as far as I know I only have nickel and brass

• Techn AM4
  • EKWB 3080 FTW3
  • EK ZMT tubing
  • EK and Barrow fittings

Gonna put everything back together and try again, this time adding Liquid Utopia
Did you clean the ZMT well prior to using? I've had two instances where not cleaning it left deposits in the loop. Once was brownish green, the other time simply brown. It appeared to be nothing more than dust/residue from the manufacturing process.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you clean the ZMT well prior to using? I've had two instances where not cleaning it left deposits in the loop. Once was brownish green, the other time simply brown. It appeared to be nothing more than dust/residue from the manufacturing process.
I didn't clean the ZMT, and you may have a point as there were little black particles stuck in the CPU block, although this appeared separate from the green stuff.

Updated my rig now with 4x D5 pumps, can get a maximum reading of 1.7 gpm at 100% pump speed, although I just keep it at 0.5 gpm for silence.

I think my rig is finally done..... until next time

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've just finished my build but it turns out that cpu block is to big (120mmx87mm) and its blocking m.2 slot. I can still put ssd in it but no way to add radiator on it and because it is 970 evo + radiator is kinda mandatory.

I was thinking about buing Heatkiller VI but endet up ordering TechN AM4 waterblock. I will update when I get it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I ordered one a few days ago to replace my Corsair XC7 block.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Landed, installed, bubbles fight on the way

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well looks like TechN block is quite good. On my normalized test, set all core 4.7ghz oc with set vcore 1.275v and flat 50% pump and all fans. Running CB20 5 times back to back by hand, test repeated 3 times with loop cooling to base value in between tests.:
EK Velocity ~75/76c
Bykski A-Ryzen-ThV2-X ~72/73c
TechN AM4 ~69/70c

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well looks like TechN block is quite good. On my normalized test, set all core 4.7ghz oc with set vcore 1.275v and flat 50% pump and all fans. Running CB20 5 times back to back by hand, test repeated 3 times with loop cooling to base value in between tests.:
EK Velocity ~75/76c
Bykski A-Ryzen-ThV2-X ~72/73c
TechN AM4 ~69/70c
Nice. I am waiting for mine. Ordered it 9 days ago. How long did yours take, I am in US.

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice. I am waiting for mine. Ordered it 9 days ago. How long did yours take, I am in US.
I'm form Poland and TechN is from Germany, block was send same day as I ordered it. Delivery took 3 days with DHL.

OMG the chaos happening in your case right now.
There is no chaos here, D5-CPU-360-GPU-560-D5, and it looks better when not straight after motherboard and cpu block swap while refilling liquid.
Now making nice sleeved cables for inside the case, USB, fan PWM ect.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Block arrived yesterday and installed, replaced my Corsair XC7 block. After just running R20 and R23 a few times the CPU temp peaked at 79C in HWInfo64 instead of 85-86C as it did with the old block. Of course this let the 5900X boost a bit higher than before, in the 50-75Mhz range for all core runs and even slightly higher in single core runs.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Any info about comparison waterblock Techn and Optimus Signature V2 ? In all reviews i can finding Techn beat of Foundation Optimus, but never i don`t see fight between Techn and Signature V2 .

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,723 Posts
Any info about comparison waterblock Techn and Optimus Signature V2 ? In all reviews i can finding Techn beat of Foundation Optimus, but never i don`t see fight between Techn and Signature V2 .
TPU has comparative results of the Foundation be Signature V2 here - Optimus Signature V2 CPU Block Review

You can draw conclusions using that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
TPU has comparative results of the Foundation be Signature V2 here - Optimus Signature V2 CPU Block Review

You can draw conclusions using that.
Thank you, but this test not objective. Waterblocks need to testing on temps 80+ as minimum, not around delta 40, difference too small. Mistake too possible. MAGNITUDE here is best on temps, but on other review-sites magnitude not better then optimus and techn.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thank you, but this test not objective. Waterblocks need to testing on temps 80+ as minimum, not around delta 40, difference too small. Mistake too possible. MAGNITUDE here is best on temps, but on other review-sites magnitude not better then optimus and techn.
Guess mounting pressure variance introduced by IHS curve vs WB curve matters. Means different CPU even with the same model (example 10980XE) will have different result because their IHS differs. Same IHS also reacts differently vs different WB curves.

TLDR if the CPU used for testing is convex by alot and WB1 concave by alot it will perform good while WB2 which is concave only a bit won’t perform as good for example. However WB2 will perform better if used on CPU which is convex only a bit.

Best way is to lap them to match each other while taking account of the IHS bend while installed on the ILM and under pressure of the retention bracket.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How long did you guys have to wait for the block from Germany? I'm from Manila and it's been two weeks. The DHL tracking page hasn't changed since April 23.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
How long did you guys have to wait for the block from Germany? I'm from Manila and it's been two weeks. The DHL tracking page hasn't changed since April 23.
Took one month to arrive in Cyprus

:)

• Rep+
Reactions: Butanding1987

·
Just hangin' out
1,386 Posts
No all metal version?

Is there a download of the empirical testing data?

221 - 240 of 240 Posts