Overclock.net banner

[Official] TechN Watercooling Intro

41K views 324 replies 50 participants last post by  jacknhut 
#1 ·
Hello overclockers.net community,

my name is Robert and I'm the official rep for TechN. We produce high end water blocks and are situated in Berlin, Germany. We've just introduced our new CPU water block product line, here's a link to our website.

More products will follow. We focus on superior performance through thoughtful and innovative engineering as well as extraordinary craftsmanship in every component and that takes some time. To be updated, you can follow us at FB, Insta and Youtube:

I am happy to answer questions regarding our products at overclock.net.

Best,
Robert

#5 ·
There's a review of our available blocks for Nvidia 20 series at IgorsLAB:

Or try Instagram: Login • Instagram

We are currently working on blocks for Nvidias new RTX 30xx cards and are also considering full metal options for the CPU. IgorsLAB did a survey and thats what people asked for as well:

#6 ·
Hi,
I'd also say copper/ copper/ copper
There isn't a lot of good reasons for having two different Intel socket blocks please don't be as narrow minded as ek but sadly you already have so no dice lol

#7 · (Edited)
Hi,
I'd also say copper/ copper/ copper
There isn't a lot of good reasons for having two different Intel socket blocks please don't be as narrow minded as ek but sadly you already have so no dice lol
You will probably see us outperform every other water block on every platform. Our CPU coolers for Intel might look pretty similar, but they are actually highly optimized regarding the flow channel, curvature and contact pressure. That is how they achieve class leading results in a mature segment. Take a look at @1usmus CTR:

Make sure to not miss out his upcoming review at Guru3d. He is testing the AM4 block, Im sure he'll go into detail regarding the optimizations for Ryzen since its his expertise. For Intel 1200 and 2066 we also made adjustments that just wouldn't be possible if the platforms shared a cooler.

#10 ·
Hi,
Personally I'd never buy a water block that only fits one Intel socket 1200/ 115? and the other one 2066/ 2011

Pretty lazy design if you asked me.

#45 ·
Now, now.....if what they are saying is true, in that the actual block design is different for the platforms, that would be the opposite of lazy. EK does it simply to only one mounting kit and less jetplates for the same price - imagine that....EK cutting corners to increase profits ;)

Let's take what he says at face value with an eye of scrutiny until someone here actually sees the blocks. Don't start comparing these poor guys to EK before we even know what they are about.

#12 ·
Hi,
TPU has no amd rigs or 2066 rigs either lol

#14 ·
What we are trying to say here is welcome, it's great to have additional options for waterblocks, but your offerings look similar to options already available, don't offer vastly noticeable performance improvements over already released blocks and your designs look like every other block currently on the market. We want something new, that looks different and feels different. Your offerings are Optimus 2.0.

#16 ·
Hi,
Nope look more like ek 2.0 seeing they have two different intel socket version
Optimus only has one intel socket version.

#15 ·
Hi,
Optimus foundation is the same price less shipping from Germany
Either optimus Intel blocks fit on any Intel socket as well so clearly the winner.

#77 ·
Hi,
Optimus foundation is the same price less shipping from Germany
Either optimus Intel blocks fit on any Intel socket as well so clearly the winner.
Find me one Optimus Foundation in EU store, there is none in the stores here in EU or UK

Shipping from US for block is 45USD plus import taxes and VAT on the top

I planned get as well Optimus block for AMD AM4 but decided against it because of just how hard it is to get that block in UK plus availability and the end long lead times

How long Optimus are making ThreadRipper waterblock? Its already out and RTX 2080Ti block is out or still on the paper?

I will be getting their TechN block for AMD at least, I can compare against the Aquacomputer Kryos Next and Heatkiller IV Pro and for GPU let's see, for sure no more EK waterblock in my PC, I use their D5 pump tops which I think they're one of the best

Please don't compare with Optimus unless you have already tried and tested this block

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

#17 ·
In our tests we outperform any other cooler with at least 1K advantage. We have a constant water temperature of 25°C and otherwise identical conditions and did several hundred mounts in the last year alone. The advantage might not mean too much for many but there are also enough enthusiasts that value this achievement.

If it is not the right product for you, thats ok. As I said, among other things we focus on cooling capacity and have plenty of optimizations for every platform. A "one fits all" solution always compromises because Intel 1200 and 2066 are quite different on a closer look.

#18 ·
In our tests we outperform any other cooler with at least 1K advantage. We have a constant water temperature of 25°C and otherwise identical conditions and did several hundred mounts in the last year alone. The advantage might not mean too much for many but there are also enough enthusiasts that value this achievement.

If it is not the right product for you, thats ok. As I said, among other things we focus on cooling capacity and have plenty of optimizations for every platform. A "one fits all" solution always compromises because Intel 1200 and 2066 are quite different on a closer look.
Hi,
Not even sure what this means
1K advantage ?

25c water okay you running a water chiller lol
I don't think this actually means much of anything seeing not many people use water chillers.

Performance using stock clocks mean less than nothing.

#19 ·
😆 😆 @ some of the responses in this thread,

A new company introduces its products and gets a hammering from the get go.

Credit to those who responded with some positivity.

I couldnt get a response out of them from their contacts form and then reached out to a couple of online forums and they got back to me.

AM4 block is on the way.

Some of you are miserable gits (and this is coming from a miserable git).

:D

We should be wishing all new comers well as this bring more competition to the market which can only be a good thing for us consumers!

#20 ·
Hi,
Think we all know and recognize sells personnel over factual results.

We also know TPU testing is crap lol

#21 ·
Hi,
As soon as words become real comparisons we might believe some of this sells mans hyperbole
Why haven't you posted any ?

Optimus SigV2 any of these new blocks sockets ?
Optimus Foundation any of these new blocks sockets ?
EK Magnitude verses any of these new blocks sockets ?

#22 · (Edited)
For tests, we use a refriderated circulator that is capable of keeping water temperature within 0,02 degrees celsius at load. We measure the heat transfer from chip to water, thats what a CPU waterblock is for and the deltaT (difference in temperature between chip and water) translates into the cooling performance. The lower this value, the more effective the CPU cooler. I obviously should have explained the claim, please excuse.

I perform lots of these tests myself although the configuration was setup by professional testing engineers. I can explain the methods if you wish. We made sure, that we always use the same amount of TIM with the same distribution on the heatspreader. We measure the power draw, all kinds of temperatures and flow and log this data over extensive periods of time. These tests are not just screenshots when momentary values meet the "requirements". We perform countless mounts and start a scripted testing procedure to narrow down the results to a few hundreds of a degree celsius.

PS: You can ask your reviewer of choice to get a sample from us or a retail sample. We are also happy to help with testing methodology.

#23 ·
For tests, we use a refriderated circulator that is capable of keeping water temperature within 0,01 degrees celsius at load. We measure the heat transfer from chip to water, thats what a CPU waterblock is for and the deltaT (difference in temperature between chip and water) translates into the cooling performance. The lower this value, the more effective the CPU cooler. I obviously should have explained the claim, please excuse.

I perform lots of these tests myself although the configuration was setup by professional testing engineers. I can explain the methods if you wish. We made sure, that we always use the same amount of TIM with the same distribution on the heatspreader. We measure the power draw, all kinds of temperatures and flow and log this data over extensive periods of time. These tests are not just screenshots when momentary values meet the "requirements". We test different concentrations of water-glykol-mixtures at different temperatures because of varying kinematic viscosity and their impact on structure size of the copper fins and channel width. We perform countless mounts and start a scripted testing procedure to narrow down the results to a few hundreds of a degree celsius.
Hi,
Indeed this testing you have here is not real life

You also have not listed all the water blocks you've tested in the same conditions either.

#28 ·
Hi,
Just keep in mind chiller results aren't worth the digital paper they are written on lol

1200 socket direct die water block is the new thing atm.

#33 ·
Hi,
Just keep in mind chiller results aren't worth the digital paper they are written on lol

1200 socket direct die water block is the new thing atm.
Mmh. I just dont know what to say to that. We consider our testing reliable and cant think of a better setup to evaluate cooling performance of a water block. The lab equipment is not the chiller you buy for laser cutting, it is quite a bit more expensive and industrial grade. We have special software scripts and standard operating procedures to rule out any variables you might have a hard time with using your equipment at home.

I never promised handing out samples to random people nominating themselves 😆 - No need to backpeddle there. We offered some to trusted national and international media.

#30 ·
Hahahahaha,

Tried and trusted techniques are being used to get "free" water blocks

😆 😆

How about simply waiting for the "big boys" to start reviewing them ?

• Rep+
Reactions: MAXsenna
#34 ·
Hi,
lol yeah EU wise these blocks do sound and look better than ek bloated magnitude offerings lol

Unfortunate for you optimus is in the USA and better than ek magnitude in price and performance already so too bad, so sad.

Might go to optimus directly and ask for a sample
Optimus Advanced Water Cooling

#35 ·
Hi,
lol yeah EU wise these blocks do sound and look better than ek bloated magnitude offerings lol

Unfortunate for you optimus is in the USA and better than ek magnitude in price and performance already so too bad, so sad.

Might go to optimus directly and ask for a sample
Optimus Advanced Water Cooling
Your over the top Optimus optimism is staunch as usual.

@Robert_TechN Look forward to seeing some more testing, though what I said holds true. You are a new product in a world desperate for change in practical application as well as looks and you currently look like all the others.

#40 ·
If I was a rep for a company I wouldn't come near this website tbh

• Rep+
Reactions: detrophy
#48 ·
What sites are doing the reviews for it? Is it at least clocked higher than whatever SL's max binning and with higher voltages too?
siliconlottery.com/pages/statistics

This other review site tested a 7980XE at only 4.0ghz / 1.10v with a custom water solution.

#49 ·
Hi,
Good questions hope you don't get bashed for asking (y)

#50 ·
Right now there are only the reviews I mentioned for AM4. ComputerBase.de and Guru3D will follow, probably this month. We contacted Techpowerup and PCGamesHardware for reviewing Intel blocks as well, but it is hard to get a slot during this hardware overflowing fall and winter. Both promised to get back to us. If you know of unbiased professional outlets with a track record and transparent testing methodology, you can always push for it over there to have our block. Maybe Jays2cents wants to have a look?

#51 ·
Hi,
Elmor has a 10980xe send another block to him.

#56 ·
Not yet but we are considering it. We are also looking into a direct on die kit as well as options for lapped CPUs.

As for the reviewer suggestions: It would be great to not just naming people that own a certain CPU. Waterblock testing, if done properly, takes expertise and enormous effort. It doesn't have to be scientific but we would prefer suggestions where we could evaluate the testing methods. A track record, standard operating procedures, transparent setting do help at this point. Otherwise we are at risk of running into snapshotting hobbyists trying to proof their point.

Edit: Thanks for all your engagement by the way.

#54 ·
Hi,
Limited options
Only more experimental nickle plating
Give the people copper dammit :p

#57 ·
Hi,
Yep looks best in it's brass beauty :)
Best of all fits on either intel platform (y)

Attachments

#59 ·
Hi,
EK magnitude too acetal looked like crap but polished looks way better
Retail cost is of course stupid though for either magnitude lol

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.