Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 534 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I call it camping... but it's really with a camper that attaches onto the back of our truck. Complete with bathroom, shower, 3 beds, couch, table with booth, oven, microwave, stove, kitchen sink, and of course, TV hookups. I'm actually typing this from inside the thing

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
WRT54GL v1.1 / DD-WRT v23 SP2 Mini / Running a few custom scripts and services

I had to downgrade to v23 due to some weird issues.

WRT54G v8 / DD-WRT v? Mini

Its not plugged in at the moment, more of a backup for my GL. I successfully got it to do WAN failover after some hours or messing around and reading online. I love these routers.

·
Premium Member
18,210 Posts
running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/01/09) mini on my 300n v1 and i have ran dd-wrt on 2 wrt 54gs routers befor i sold them.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperXX View Post
WRT54GL v1.1 / DD-WRT v23 SP2 Mini / Running a few custom scripts and services

I had to downgrade to v23 due to some weird issues.

WRT54G v8 / DD-WRT v? Mini

Its not plugged in at the moment, more of a backup for my GL. I successfully got it to do WAN failover after some hours or messing around and reading online. I love these routers.
Give v24 pre-sp2 a try, v24 sp1 has alot of issues, but pre-sp2 has been running great for me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spent a few hours configuring a bandwidth analyzer, takes the Netflow and SNMP packets and turns them into bandwidth, port usage and other graphs.

If anyone is interested, its called Netflow Analyzer, once the 30 day trial expires you can still manage 2 routers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to be a pest/hijack on my first post in this forum.

I have been searching high and low for dd-wrt v24-sp2 mico/mini for my Linksys WRT54GS v 7.2 router. I cannot find the download.

Does anyone have a link??

Also, will that firmware give my router WDS capabilities?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE
View Post

I have DD-WRT on my Linksys WRT54GS...Its SOOO much better than the default Firmware and I know use my router as a client bridge.

Where can I download the dd-wrt firmware for the WRT54GS?

·
Premium Member
18,210 Posts
all info is in the first post.

·
Premium Member
18,210 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkknight512 View Post
Give v24 pre-sp2 a try, v24 sp1 has alot of issues, but pre-sp2 has been running great for me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spent a few hours configuring a bandwidth analyzer, takes the Netflow and SNMP packets and turns them into bandwidth, port usage and other graphs.

If anyone is interested, its called Netflow Analyzer, once the 30 day trial expires you can still manage 2 routers.
v24 presp2 works better for my 300n to they fixed alot of issues where i can get full speed befor i was limited to under 100.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by corey407woc View Post
i just installed dd wrt on my wrt54g v3 router it says. should i use the generic.bins to install or the wrt54g.bins ?
std-generic binary files should be fine, but you should find them in the broad com folder.

·
Premium Member
18,210 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by corey407woc View Post
also where do you find the presp2 beta 7/1/09 version all i see are like dated from 6/19/09 thanks

and do i have to load 23 sp2 mini then standard and then update to 24 sp2

or can i do 24 sp2 mini to then standard
ftp://www.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/Brai...-01-09-r12427/

pick out one for your router if its linksys its probly under broadcom.

·
Overclocked TI-83
671 Posts
I ran DD-WRT for a long time but then upgraded to Tomato. I like it a lot better, and I don't really like DD-WRT's questionable practices. Though, these days, I run a SonicWALL for the main routing duties and the WRT54GL is delegated to wireless. Even Tomato on DD-WRT just can't offer the same level of throughput for BitTorrent.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris View Post
V24 on a Linksys WRT54GS v7 here.
I must be doing something wrong. First router (Linksys Wrt54GS v7.2), I bricked it (learned that term the hard way) and all I did was try to Flash the firmware to the "apparent" correct dd-wrt version for my router. But alas, I have a dead router.

I just ordered another and will try again. Linksys Wrt54GS v7.2

When I look at the Downloads section at the dd-wrt website there is no v7.2. It goes from v7 to v8 for my model. Plus there's all these weird downloads like this one VXWorks Killer WRT54GSv7?

I've been reading that I need the "mini" for my router because of the WRT54GS limited 4MB memory?

I read another persons review of this router and they said this

Quote:
My router is version 7.2 serial number ends in CGNE, flashed with dd-wrt v24-sp2 (05/21/09) micro
I could not find any sp2 version anywhere...I have flashed router firmware before, but have never been this perplexed...

Is this what I should do?

Quote:
How To Flash the WRT54G v8 / WRT54GS v7

configure your local lan ethernet address to 192.168.1.100 and connect your local ethernet to your WRT54Gv8/GSv7 on one of the 4 switch ports
plugoff the power cord from the WRT54G v8/GSv7
push the reset button while replugin the power cord and hold the button for about 20 seconds
open your browser and open http://192.168.1.1
use the firware upgrade dialog to flash vxworkskillerGv8.bin / vxworkskillerGSv7.bin
after the dialog is shown that you need to plugoff the power cord, remove the power cord and replug it in
wait for about 1 - 2 minutes
plugoff the power cord again and replug it in.
enter "tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put dd-wrt.v24_micro_wrt54gv8.bin" on your local windows console and press enter
(for linux, tftp 192.168.1.1; mode octet;put dd-wrt.v24_micro_wrt54gv8.bin)
the file will now be transfered to your router and be flashed. after this is done, dd-wrt will automaticly boot and you can reach
your router at http://192.168.1.1

41 - 60 of 534 Posts