Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 6421 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
To J92.

I can not think any mouse can fulfill your increase or decrease requirement by 1 DPI except the new mouse SteelSeries Sensei. However, I am afraid that your 80 Euro is not enough to buy this mouse because this mouse costs 89 Euro (have not yet include tax or shipping fee or something like that).

Sensei has prediction but you can adjust prediction to suit your need. If you want no prediction at all with this mouse, I do not think you can so you have to accept that.

If you need a durable mouse I think you are right about G500. Besides, G500 - Xai - Sensei use the same laser sensor. If you used to use Xai and you liked it so you can choose G500 or Sensei without any problem. However, be aware that there was a special case of a member is this box had a problem with his Sensei. The mouse did not work and he is returning it to SteelSeries support.

But if you need the most precision mouse out there. I am afraid you have to choose Razer DeathAdder, MX518 or G400 or IE series (These mice were tested by professional gamers).

If I made mistakes, please forgive me because I am still learning this field.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your reply LoveKnight.

Yes, I was afraid that there possibly wouldn't be a mouse for all my requirements. After using Xai, I guess it would be a natural move to change to Sensei because of the same shape and sensor. But I think it's is not worth of buying. What comes to G500 it has same shape as MX-518 and same sensor as Xai and it's a lot cheaper than Sensei.

I've tested many times my friends Deathadder and I just don't like its shape.

I don't think that G400 would be my choice either. It's just a new model of Mx-518 which I'm currently using (but unfortunately its right mouse button isn't working properly).

MS IE-series has no changeable DPI and it's old.
biggrin.gif

Is there some other mice I should consider or should I just buy a G500?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I currently have a Razer Deathadder that is dying. I've had it about 2.5 years. Only six months after I bought it, the mouse wheel click stopped working. I never use that so it wasn't a big deal. But recently it has started accidentally double-clicking, which gets annoying. So I'm looking to replace it:

1. What's your grip style?
This
I guess it is a claw grip, but I use the wrist pad as a pivot.

2. What's your sensitivity?
At 1800dpi, it's a 6 in the Windows control panel, and in Source games I have sensitivity set to 5.

3. What's your maximum budget?
~$50

4. Do you want additional buttons?
At least the two thumb buttons for web browsing.

5. What games do you play?
Everything from RTS to FPS, although I don't like sniping, I'm usually CQB.

6. Do you mind about prediction?
Dislike

7. Other relevant information:
I'm right handed.
I really prefer wired, I hate batteries dying in the middle of a game.

I know a lot of people like the Deathadder, and it does fit my style well, but I haven't been happy with the quality of mine. I've been looking at the R.A.T. 3, but I've heard bad things about the reliability of those mice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Claw

Medium

No max budget

Only a few, less than 10

I play all types, MMORPGs, RTSs, FPSs etc... The main game it matters for though is Battlefield 3.

I don't know.

I want a wired mouse. I'd like the ability to switch the DPI on the fly. I do not like buttons on the right side of the mouse. I am a fan of unique looking mice also, note, I do not like how the RAT looks.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuxes;15428319
I currently have a Razer Deathadder that is dying. I've had it about 2.5 years. Only six months after I bought it, the mouse wheel click stopped working. I never use that so it wasn't a big deal. But recently it has started accidentally double-clicking, which gets annoying. So I'm looking to replace it:

This
I guess it is a claw grip, but I use the wrist pad as a pivot.

At 1800dpi, it's a 6 in the Windows control panel, and in Source games I have sensitivity set to 5.

~$50

At least the two thumb buttons for web browsing.

Everything from RTS to FPS, although I don't like sniping, I'm usually CQB.

Dislike

I'm right handed.
I really prefer wired, I hate batteries dying in the middle of a game.

I know a lot of people like the Deathadder, and it does fit my style well, but I haven't been happy with the quality of mine. I've been looking at the R.A.T. 3, but I've heard bad things about the reliability of those mice.
The CM storm spawn at 1800 DPI is good for claw grip. Do you claw grip your DA? If that is the case, the spawn may be too small for you.

It does fit your other requirements though.

EDIT: just saw your pic...still recommend the storm spawn, or the DA:BE.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The CM spawn and xornet look pretty nice for what I need. My hang up though honestly is the price. They are so cheap and it makes me worried that I am getting a sub-par mouse. What are peoples thoughts on those two mice? I am specifically looking at getting the xornet once it comes out because I've seen mixed reviews about the spawn's sensor. Otherwise, does anyone have recommendations for other mice similar to the spawn and xornet?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by podunk;15434536
The CM storm spawn at 1800 DPI is good for claw grip. Do you claw grip your DA? If that is the case, the spawn may be too small for you.
Hmm, that does look a little small, is it about the size of a laptop mouse? The shape looks kind of odd too, for a right-handed mouse. I have yet to find a mouse that's too big for my hand, I used to have a Logitech laser wireless mouse, the Deathadder is quite a bit smaller than that.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuxes;15445345
Hmm, that does look a little small, is it about the size of a laptop mouse? The shape looks kind of odd too, for a right-handed mouse. I have yet to find a mouse that's too big for my hand, I used to have a Logitech laser wireless mouse, the Deathadder is quite a bit smaller than that.
It is shaped like that because of the finger rest on the right side for your ring and/or pinky finger.

Is your palm on resting on the back of the mouse in your photo? If it's not, then the spawn would be OK. To me, your grip is more fingertip than claw, but you know better than i do how you hold your mouse

·
Registered
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zieb;15437825
The CM spawn and xornet look pretty nice for what I need. My hang up though honestly is the price. They are so cheap and it makes me worried that I am getting a sub-par mouse. What are peoples thoughts on those two mice? I am specifically looking at getting the xornet once it comes out because I've seen mixed reviews about the spawn's sensor. Otherwise, does anyone have recommendations for other mice similar to the spawn and xornet?
There is a whole thread about the spawn here. Most people would say that it is a very well built mouse. Higher priced mouses are not necessarily higher quality (look at Razer -> always has build quality issues with their mice, though the DA and Abysuss are great).

The Abysuss and spawn are similar, but there is not DPI switching on the former, but it is a very simple mouse; only 3 buttons. One thing to watch out for on the the Abyssus is some people complain about jitter on their clothe pads (recently as well).

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hi, I'm looking for a mouse and need suggestions.
Palm grip
I'm using a regular logitech wireless 800dpi mouse right now and really need better speeds.
40$ CAN preferably shipped, or picked up locally
Not mandatory really, idc if the mouse has some or not
LoL, SCII, BF3, MW2, DIRT3
Nope
Input anything else you want.
some examples: LOD, ambidextrous shape, weight, wireless, non-braided cord, glossy finish, button activation force, driverless, onboard memory, etc

I would like a wireless mouse preferably but i can live with wired too.
Mouse can't be too small or too big, it makes it uncomfortable.
I have never tried changing the weight of a mouse so I'll let you guide me into the right weight for my type.
Having a dpi switch on the mouse would be nice but not mandatory.
Here are the mouses i'm looking at:
Steelseries Kinzu 3200dpi 27.99$
Thermaltake Black 4000dpi 34.99$
CM Inferno 4000dpi 38.99$ (the one i'm considering....)
The mouses I've listed can all be picked up at a local store which is good for me...
Thanks in advance!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
87 Posts
To polm.

Maybe there are three mice can help you.

First, Razer DeathAdder but this mouse is little bit hard to lift the mouse off the mousepad.

Second, Logitech MX518, this mouse is a living legend but the drawback is very hard to clean it after a long time of using so I suggest you should clean this mouse at least one a month or you will regret why you did not do that.

Finally, G400 is the upgraded version of MX518. At this time, many positive reviews about this mouse but there is one problem. When you install the driver there is little prediction, I do not know the newest firmware or driver can solve this matter yet or not.

You used to use a Logitech mouse so I believe your feeling is more suitable to Logitech mice than Razer mice.

3 mice above are the best mice of current mice in the market. Believe me, you do not need to buy an expensive mouse like Sensei, Mamba, Imperator or some mice like that because laser sensor is not as precise as optical sensor now, hope in the future this will change.

If I made mistakes, please forgive me because I am still learning this field.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveKnight;15407153
To ErdincIntel.

Because you want the most accurate mouse so I suggest you can choose any DeathAdder versions(DA with no prediction, no jitter,... but you need to be aware that DeathAdder can get double-click issue if you are a hardcore gamer that clicks the mouse at least one thousand clicks a day). You can buy QCK+ for DeathAdder or you can try 4HD. I am sorry I am not good at choosing good at mousepad.

Please do not ever buy any other Razer mice except these mice are Deathadder, Krait, Copperhead because ... you will know the reason if you want to try.

Wireless is not good for gamers because you can feel the delays sometimes so I suggest you should not try a wireless mouse.

If you want a durable mouse I suggest you can try Logitech's products such as G500-G400 or even G900 but these mouse are not accurate 100% because they have prediction and they use Avergo 9500 (well, this is a long story but you can search in this forum to know what members said about this sensor, except that G400 use optical sensor). However, their precision can be about 95% and you can increase the precision by using hard mousepad and laser mice help you use on common surfaces such as table, paper, glass better than optical mice.

According to my knowledge optical helps you track more precision than laser but a laser sensor have more DPI than optical and it can help you use multiple monitors easier than 1 monitor.

If you want a symmetric mouse, you can try Steelseries such as Kinzu, Xai or Sensei but I afraid I have to tell you that these mouse are not 99%-100% accurate when you compare to DeathAdder or Microsoft IE mice.

That is what I know, hope these information can help you buy a good mouse. If I make mistakes, please forgive me. I am still learning this field.
Thanks Loveknight and Hella, I did my choice towards G700, Deathadder is no question a great mouse but in our country it's hard to find and its price almost same with G700's price. Also build quality and great customer service of Logitech attracted me. Package arrived home several hours ago, after 6 hours I will unpack it (I'm @work right now)
smile.gif
I hope it will be so much better experience for me with G700 than with my old Sidewinder X8 (whatever I did it had jitter and felt uncomfortable to track and aim in games
frown.gif
). Thanks for your opinions. Byez.

·
Read Only
10,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hella;15417153
If you're industrious the kinzuadder is one of my favorite fingertip grip mice. I have 8.5 inch hands and I found it comfortable (well, as comfortable as fingertip mice can get).

Since you're into 3D modeling I would stay away from anything with prediction. All logitech mice, All Avago 9500 mice (Xai, Sensei, G9, RAT series, etc) and I'd stick with your presumptions. Deathadder and kinzuadder are your ways to go.
Sorry for the late reply. Kinzuadder/Deathadder Black Edition it is. Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I use palm grip and am currently using a DA 3.5, I find it's too small for my hands though, previously I used the G5 which I liked but it died, and the G500 which was horrible and so I bought a DA, but like I said, too tiny. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMeringueTy;15462690
I use palm grip and am currently using a DA 3.5, I find it's too small for my hands though, previously I used the G5 which I liked but it died, and the G500 which was horrible and so I bought a DA, but like I said, too tiny. Any suggestions?
The G500 is one of the biggest mouse I've ever seen/tried, one of the most comfortable also and it is my actual mouse. Probably one of the A4tech designs will suit you since the textures and shapes are very similar to those used by logitech, its a shame they don't provide real higher dpi (beware of interpolation, their sensors are listed tho).

·
Registered
87 Posts
To LemonMeringueTy.

So how about a Cyborg R.A.T or a Logitech G9x? These two mice are big and you can increase the size of these mouse.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZareliMan;15466254
The G500 is one of the biggest mouse I've ever seen/tried, one of the most comfortable also and it is my actual mouse. Probably one of the A4tech designs will suit you since the textures and shapes are very similar to those used by logitech, its a shame they don't provide real higher dpi (beware of interpolation, their sensors are listed tho).
I didn't like the G500 because I felt the weight of it wasn't balanced right, tried every combination of weights possible but couldn't get a feel for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveKnight;15472712
To LemonMeringueTy.

So how about a Cyborg R.A.T or a Logitech G9x? These two mice are big and you can increase the size of these mouse.
I had considered the G9x but I heard it had a bad sensor, I never thought of the RAT series since it's done by MadCatz and I'm still a little biased when it comes to them ever since I tried one of their horrible N64 controllers back in the day.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Logitech G9x uses Avago ADNS-S9500 sensor which is not a perfect precise sensor but it is good enough to play any game. I do not remember clearly about it has negative or positive acceleration but you can tackle this problem by using hard mousepad such as SteelSeries 4HD or 9HD.

Oh by the way, Cyborg R.A.T series use Philips Twin Eye sensors. I used to have a bad feeling about these sensors because the Imperator that I bought couple months ago uses this sensor. It was a nightmare, it caused so many troubles.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveKnight;15483044
Logitech G9x uses Avago ADNS-S9500 sensor which is not a perfect precise sensor but it is good enough to play any game. I do not remember clearly about it has negative or positive acceleration but you can tackle this problem by using hard mousepad such as SteelSeries 4HD or 9HD.

Oh by the way, Cyborg R.A.T series use Philips Twin Eye sensors. I used to have a bad feeling about these sensors because the Imperator that I bought couple months ago uses this sensor. It was a nightmare, it caused so many troubles.
The new RMA of R.A.T is said to have corrected the xy axis issue. And a semicircular opening on the sensor is suppossed to correct 90% of the zaxis issue so the R.A.T seems pretty flawless to me (a little bit pricey tho).

·
Registered
879 Posts
Claw grip preferably.

The cheap-o mouse I use currently runs at 800dpi and it's a sensitivity I'm rather comfortable with. More options would be nice but I'd like a mouse that can do at or around 800dpi at the least.

25-50 range. I don't need anything too crazy but an upgrade from my Big Lots mouse would be nice/

It would be handy to have a few extra buttons but I could go either way.

Shooters, Rpgs, Rts, you name it
tongue.gif

Not entirely sure, could someone elaborate?

A little bit of heft wouldn't be bad but I wouldn't want it to be too heavy.

What might you guys suggest? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

41 - 60 of 6421 Posts