Overclock.net banner

26201 - 26220 of 26227 Posts

·
Comic Book Enthusiast
3,659 Posts
Well folks. Looks like my LG 38GL950G 3840x1600 will be arriving tomorrow. We had some good times!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
How does qnix QX2710 evolution ii compare to todays monitors?

I have an old qnix QX2710 evolution ii. I am looking at getting a new HDR 1440p monitor, for example the asus tuf vg27aq. Does the qx2710 still stack up to todays monitors? Looking at the specs theyre very similar. And the evo has 10 bit unlike the asus, and 50 lower nits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still using a QNIX at 120 Hz and interested in this as well. From my what I know, the current monitors mainly have less ghosting than the old Korean ones, but colors, contrast and overall screen quality should be very similar.

·
( ━☞´◔‿ゝ◔`)━ ☞
6,520 Posts
My QX2710 pcb finally died after 6 years of 120Hz. It's been a good run and if anyone is interested in the functional 120Hz panel and lives in the Bay Area in Cali, send me a PM!

How does qnix QX2710 evolution ii compare to todays monitors?

I have an old qnix QX2710 evolution ii. I am looking at getting a new HDR 1440p monitor, for example the asus tuf vg27aq. Does the qx2710 still stack up to todays monitors? Looking at the specs theyre very similar. And the evo has 10 bit unlike the asus, and 50 lower nits.
More modern IPS panels should be a lot faster in response time (3-5ms average) and will support variable refresh rate via Freesync and/or GSync. You should also expect a wider color gamut, higher peak brightness and support for curved panels.

If you want something different and more immersive than a 27" 1440p monitor, I would suggest looking at 34" Ultrawide monitors. I love my AW3418DW Ultrawide (3440x1440 120Hz IPS) and will look to swap it with my wife's LG 34UC88 as a secondary monitor if I end up buying either one of the upcoming LG 38GN950 or 38GN95C later this year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a LG 27GL83A a few days ago. First thing I noticed was the horrible IPS Glow the LG has, especially in the lower left corner, never noticed it on my other IPS screens. I am trying to get used to it and notice it less now. The colors are less saturated and the contrast is worse imo. The latter seems to be the main weakness of the LG panels.

What the LG does exceptionally well is smoothness. The monitor is really fast and gaming is so fun on this thing. I limited the refresh rate to 120 Hz and tried it out side by side with the QNIX at 120 Hz. Especially fps like Quake are a blast on the LG. In contrast, the QNIX is considerably slower than the LG and has ghosting. The QNIX isn't bad if you haven't tried anything faster, but gaming on the LG is similar to playing on a fast TN panel to me.

In conclusion, contrast and IPS glow are really bad on the LG. Colors are alright and responsiveness and overall speed are really good. I'd only get it, if you are mainly playing games on your computer. Monitors with an Innolux panel (e.g. Pixio PX7) might be better allrounders, haven't tried them though.

·
Comic Book Enthusiast
3,659 Posts
just fixed my desktop which means I can use my qnix again. Still going strong in 2020...
Right on! I gifted both to my co-workers. I wish someone could hook me up like that hah.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
My XSTAR is still going strong @120Hz, 7 years later. If I was buying now, I'd go for a freesync LG nano-IPS display, but those are a lot more expensive than the £250 this cost me.
Got a new primary monitor coming, but I imagine this will make a good secondary monitor for years to come.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My XSTAR is still going strong @120Hz, 7 years later. If I was buying now, I'd go for a freesync LG nano-IPS display, but those are a lot more expensive than the £250 this cost me.
Got a new primary monitor coming, but I imagine this will make a good secondary monitor for years to come.
my xstar had no hdmi so I had to get rid off it since modern GPUs only have hdmi/display port/usb-c compatibility

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
my xstar had no hdmi so I had to get rid off it since modern GPUs only have hdmi/display port/usb-c compatibility
Ugh, that sucks - I was planning to upgrade GPU with the 4000 series, didn't realise DVI-D is already dead.
Looks like it's 1080Ti for a few more years, and then decide what to do with this monitor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys,
after owning the Qnix since march 2013 i think it broke today. After using it normally yesterday without any problems today the monitor only shows a black screen (blue LED on). Is it the pcb that broke? I just took him apart to check all cables from the pcb to the panel but everything seemed ok. No visible damage on the pcb (burnmarks?) either. Still no signal even after putting it back together. Does anyone of you experts have any suggestions on what i can try to verify a broken pcb? Unfortunately, i do not own any electric equipment to check for damage. So i guess this will make this process close to impossible, but i thought i might give it a shot.
I always knew this day would come eventually but it took me by suprise this morning as no problems occured beforehand what so ever. I had it successfully OCd to 96hz for all those years, so this might be an issue as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,
after owning the Qnix since march 2013 i think it broke today. After using it normally yesterday without any problems today the monitor only shows a black screen (blue LED on). Is it the pcb that broke? I just took him apart to check all cables from the pcb to the panel but everything seemed ok. No visible damage on the pcb (burnmarks?) either. Still no signal even after putting it back together. Does anyone of you experts have any suggestions on what i can try to verify a broken pcb? Unfortunately, i do not own any electric equipment to check for damage. So i guess this will make this process close to impossible, but i thought i might give it a shot.
I always knew this day would come eventually but it took me by suprise this morning as no problems occured beforehand what so ever. I had it successfully OCd to 96hz for all those years, so this might be an issue as well.
Was your power brick running hot before that? Mine was, I buzzed the board out to a dead mosfet. Googling around that seems to be a common failure mode. Since these boards are like hen's teeth now I'd keep it and try and get it repaired. The company I bought mine from has gone out of business so no luck for me there!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was your power brick running hot before that? Mine was, I buzzed the board out to a dead mosfet.
Not that i know of. I tested it and it stays pretty cool for a pb that is. How high are the chances that the cable or dvi port on the grafics card are broken? Slim to none, right? I have no possibility to test the monitor on another pc. i purchased the hp x27i as a replacement and its a pretty huge upgrade tbh. was not expecting that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
anyone know how to force install driver in windows 10 now?

had to press shift while restarting go into troubleshoot then advanced options then 7 for disable driver signature reinforcement...

·
( ━☞´◔‿ゝ◔`)━ ☞
6,520 Posts
Hey guys,
Same thing has happened to me twice. I bought a Qnix back in 2012/2013 and had to buy a new one in 2014, which then lasted until recently. The original power brick did run pretty hot and I bought a new one that didn't run quite as hot. I kept the panel from the first Qnix and was able to use the second PCB to continue running 120Hz. It's very likely that PCB capacitors and/or mosfets burned out due to heat/age.

I still have a 120hz-capable Qnix panel to give away if anyone is interested.

Luckily found a new but opened box of an Acer CZ380CQK (38" IPS 3840x1600 75Hz Ultrawide) which works as a much better secondary monitor replacement and now I have a vertically stacked Ultrawide setup. :thumb:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow, My first post here was 2014!

Stick rocking my QNIX though I'm after an upgrade. Is there anything around the same size that's as good value?

Many thanks!

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,774 Posts
Hey guys,
either the panel died, or a board component died.

when you say black screen do you mean is emitting black, or zero illumination?

you'd have to know what to probe with a multimeter, if its a board level component. (busted cap/mosfet maybe? that's how most of my TVs have gone)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Bought my qnix 2710 in 2013 used it 2 days ago screen just went black... no red or blue power led monitor does not turn on.. bought power brick on amazon still doesn’t turn on... had it overclocked too 120hz.. any ideas

26201 - 26220 of 26227 Posts