Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 10714 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,047 Posts
very nice temps, just a little hotter than myself but a good OC none the less, i don't get higher than 63c under a full load but you're OC'd 400mhz higher so it's to be expected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
nice job pushing the limits, 24/7 @ 5.1ghz... damm
eek.gif


What Vcore did u set in ur BIOS? and how did u deal with vdroop?

I'm getting POS 0.013 vdroop even with LLC on Ultra High (ASUS Pro).
mad.gif
 

·
Facepalm
Joined
·
9,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overclocktilyerdrop;12793015
nice job pushing the limits, 24/7 @ 5.1ghz... damm
eek.gif


What Vcore did u set in ur BIOS? and how did u deal with vdroop?

I'm getting POS 0.013 vdroop even with LLC on Ultra High (ASUS Pro).
mad.gif
That vdroop is perfectly normal and healthy. As long as your idle and load are within 0.025v it's fine. It's not healthy to have vcore RISE at load.

If you wanted vcore basically fixed (LLC 75%) at idle and load, measuring the same, you should have bought a M4E instead of a P8P Pro/deluxe.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunapiano;12792548
very nice temps, just a little hotter than myself but a good OC none the less, i don't get higher than 63c under a full load but you're OC'd 400mhz higher so it's to be expected.
Thanks, that 400mhz does help a lot in making up the fps in games
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by overclocktilyerdrop;12793015
nice job pushing the limits, 24/7 @ 5.1ghz... damm
eek.gif


What Vcore did u set in ur BIOS? and how did u deal with vdroop?

I'm getting POS 0.013 vdroop even with LLC on Ultra High (ASUS Pro).
mad.gif
im running 1.485 in the bios and using ultra high llc. at load im at 1.472 and very rarely it spikes up to 1.480. Using extreme llc spikes my voltage up to 1.496 so I left it on ultra high. good luck with that
thumb.gif


BY THE WAY!!!! third time lucky, how much vcore can I run without killing my chip to do a suicide run?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
That is very very impressive!!!!Man I wish I had speeds that high!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,217 Posts
Lol, yes, anything over 1.38v will kill your CPU! 1.46v really is a suicide run!

My friend brought his unlocked K around tonight. We didn't really have along enough to play but our temps for 5GHz were around 60 under load!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
How fast do programs run at those speeds and I bet game play and fps in games go way up?
 

·
Hold on to your butts!
Joined
·
3,213 Posts
Nice voltages man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian;12796708
Lol, yes, anything over 1.38v will kill your CPU! 1.46v really is a suicide run!

My friend brought his unlocked K around tonight. We didn't really have along enough to play but our temps for 5GHz were around 60 under load!
You can go over 1.38v with Sandy Bridge its pretty safe... anything under 1.45v is safe for 24/7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbo2;12796746
Aren't these chips safe up to 1.52v? 1.55 is hardly suicide man. You do have a nice chip though
wink.gif
This 1.7 or go home
wink.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBcobra;12796757
You can go over 1.38v with Sandy Bridge its pretty safe... anything under 1.45v is safe for 24/7.

This 1.7 or go home
wink.gif
Well my suicide run was cut short
mad.gif
seems that multi 55, 56, or 57 failed to boot even at 1.65volts. 54x works like a charm so I bumped the bclk to 105and tried = fail. Finally after going down from 105 to 102 bclk, windows loaded and I was able to validate and do a superpi. 102bclk with 54x multi = 5511mhz.
biggrin.gif


wjgl83.png


THIS IS THE CHIPS LIMIT.
kungfu.gif


Edit: 5.5ghz CPUz Validation
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,079 Posts
Now we can call it a suicide run. Good Job OP.
biggrin.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,379 Posts
dayum.

Nice work. When i had it, my board was being a jerk, and woudn't let me change my BLK at all.
 

·
Laptop Enthusiast
Joined
·
9,399 Posts
It's not good enough for OCN. Push it harder! JK
biggrin.gif


EDIT:

According to my calculations, 5.5GHz @ 1.65v your CPU is pulling a massive 255 watts ALONE.
eek.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
its crazy how I can get my 5.1ghz 24/7 stable at only 1.472v and at 5.5ghz I need 1.65v. Every guide that I read on oc sandy, they mentioned that you should leave the bclk at 100 and just change the multi. Well I dont know wether its the board or the cpu thats not allowing me to 55x+.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,824 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1;12797186
its crazy how I can get my 5.1ghz 24/7 stable at only 1.472v and at 5.5ghz I need 1.65v. Every guide that I read on oc sandy, they mentioned that you should leave the bclk at 100 and just change the multi. Well I dont know wether its the board or the cpu thats not allowing me to 55x+.
Go higher on the PLL Voltage.
 
41 - 60 of 10714 Posts
Top