Overclock.net banner
2141 - 2160 of 2181 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Well I have good news and bad news.

The good news is I'm 99 percent sure the card will fit, the bad news is that it will only fit if you remove the giant front fan. I bought an H210 and am using that. It was fun comrades.

Many thanks. You are lucky to get hold of one, been trying. For ages.
We are waiting for photos if the installation is successful!

· Registered
48 Posts
Remove the 200mm fan in the front and get a radiator to put into that spot. You'll get better cooling for your CPU and the GPU will fit.
The 200mm is crap anyway. My current setup has the 140mm fan in the main chamber using a small duct to draw in air from the front. I also use soundproofing foam to close off voids in the front to prevent exhaust re-ingestion. Also note I taped over the 120mm mount holes, as they were a source of whistling noise.

I've been using Noiseblocker B14's, but I've been testing different fans as well. The NB's move a decent amount of air, but it's a little too focused to cool the whole MB, causing the little X570 fan to spin up. I loved the cooling power of the 38mm thick Silverstone FHP-141 (see below). It made every other fan in the system superfluous and the sound wasn't too bad between 1600 and 1900 RPM. Above that, the fan buzzed bad. Below 1600 and the bearings made noticeable noise. I've got ML140's in the mail at the moment. If those don't work out, there's a $80 San Ace 9LG1412P1M001 fan that I'm curious about.

Also note the Thermaltake Thoughfan 12 on the CPU cooler. It's, essentially, a Noctua NF-A12x25 but without the **** brown coloring. Fabulous little thing. Inaudible at 1200RPM and still quiet even at 2000RPM.

· Registered
6 Posts
For those looking to move on from the Core V1/Suppressor F1 like me due to the 6800 XT or other cards not fitting, I've discovered the "Bravotec Defy B40". Apparently it's a Chinese made case that is branded as Bravotec and sold in Korea. Similar dimensions to the Core V1, although it is Micro ATX so you get a few more slots, although not as wide as the Core V21 due to (I think) the drive bays not being on the side but rather down below. Front 200mm fan, rear 120mm fan. I purchased one from eBay, should be here early next week. I'll report back if there's any interest.

Edit: Transfer complete, easy. The Defy B40 does not come with a front fan apparently, only a rear 120mm, which I prompted swapped out for a Noctua S12B. I cannibalized the 200mm from my Suppressor F1.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

bought the V1 Core Snow 1 month ago. I am very happy with this case (the color, the size, the cube)

I want to upgrade it with a cpu cooler and I have seen a lot of helpful reviews here. Manufacturer says for CPU Cooler limit 140mm but after your builds the limit is 149mm.

Some of coolers below that limit:
Cryorig H7 145mm
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi 145mm
Cryorig M9A 125mm
Arctic Freezer A13X CO 137mm
Bequiet Pure Rock Slim 125mm
Coolermaster H410R 136mm

I am wondering if it is worth to proceed with one of them because the best of that height ( Cryorig H7 and Noctua Models) price is almost 50-60 euros or to go with AIO like Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 (dual 120mm fans) price almost 75 euros for better results and future projects. Can this AIO fit on this case? If yes where?

�����
V1 Core Snow
Gigabyte GA-B450I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor 3.6 GHz
Sapphire HD 7750 ultimate (Hope to replace it soon)
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4-3200MHz
Kingston Technology A2000 M.2 500 GB PCI Express 3.0
Kingston Technology A2000 M.2 500 GB PCI Express 3.0
Corsair TX-M Series TX550M
ARCTIC F8 PWM PST 4-Pin PWM

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys.

I recently did a build using a Ryzen 5600x, using this case. Since I'm using the stock cooler, of course I tried a couple of options when placing my fans, which are 2 generic molex 80 mm on the back and the big 200 mm one, on the front.

To my surprise, I found that I achieved the lowest temps by setting the back fans to blow air in, almost directly over the cooler, and the front fan to take it out. Since the air is now going out through the front, I also got rid of the dust filter.

This alone took my temps down by around 5 degrees.

I know the consensus is to have the fans set up the exact opposite way, but wanted to leave this here in case anyone wants to give it a try.

· Registered
1 Posts
I've been using Noiseblocker B14's, but I've been testing different fans as well. The NB's move a decent amount of air, but it's a little too focused to cool the whole MB, causing the little X570 fan to spin up. I loved the cooling power of the 38mm thick Silverstone FHP-141 (see below). It made every other fan in the system superfluous and the sound wasn't too bad between 1600 and 1900 RPM. Above that, the fan buzzed bad. Below 1600 and the bearings made noticeable noise. I've got ML140's in the mail at the moment. If those don't work out, there's a $80 San Ace 9LG1412P1M001 fan that I'm curious about.

Also note the Thermaltake Thoughfan 12 on the CPU cooler. It's, essentially, a Noctua NF-A12x25 but without the **** brown coloring. Fabulous little thing. Inaudible at 1200RPM and still quiet even at 2000RPM.
Hey I can see that you have Silver Arrow 130 - how much height do you have left ?

Update for this post:

Actually wanted to share I found someone on reddit fit Mugen 5 rev. B with drilling top holes:
(which is 130 x 154,5 x 110 mm)

Also, I am not sure if anyone mentioned, but with a custom 3d printed top it is possible to fit a Noctua NH-U14S

I was wondering actually with that custom 3d top: Core V1 upgrade for Noctua NH-U14S by PeterMakesThings

Would a Fuma 2 fit - 137W x 131D x 154,5H mm ?
Depth wise it should fit as I have a Noctua C14 in which is 166D x 140W x 130H

Does anyone have a good way to model this somehow?

2141 - 2160 of 2181 Posts