Overclock.net banner

[Official] Thermaltake Core V1 Owners' Club

910683 Views 2180 Replies 424 Participants Last post by  Fnights
This club is for owners and people interested in the Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX case

Thermaltake Mini Chassis - Core V1
The new Core V1 represented by Thermaltake is a small and cute ITX based chassis with a 200mm fan in the front panel. Smart interchangeable side panels allow users to flip it accordingly to showcase either for superior liquid cooling or superb airflow, which allows you to make your own personal setup. You not only grant to have a really powerful mini system, it also has the ability to house various overclocking components to keep it really cool!

Rules: Show off your rig and no disrespect

• Rep+
Reactions: wiggins
2161 - 2180 of 2181 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Hey I can see that you have Silver Arrow 130 - how much height do you have left ?
Like a cm or two? It's about even with the top of the exhaust fans. It's shorter than the Cryorig H7 I once had in there. I never even thought about height. Your biggest issue with the 130 is going to be on your motherboard. Asus boards almost universally work. Others might not work, or force you to bend fins or use a different fan.

I'm wondering about thermal issues with a 3080fe.. the rear exhaust fan sends the hot air exactly to where we are supposed to put the CPU radiator...

or it should be fine?
It shouldn't be any worse than the normal open card that's spraying heat all around. TBH, I've never found much of a difference between open or blower cards and don't expect anything different with hybrids like this. The dirty secret is that they all dump most of their heat into the case.

· Registered
1 Posts
Old parts; waiting for readily available AMD CPU & GPU. Running it naked and just put in EK-Cryofuel, Blood Red which looks the part in person but still very translucent.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 1800X, I said it was old!
GPU - 1080 variant, I don't even remember
RAM - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ with the RGB stuff
Drive - 512GB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe
Mobo - Asrock Fatal1ty x370

watercooling:
CPU block - XSPC
GPU block - EKWB
Pump - DDC
Radiator - Phobya 200mm
---Noctua A20
Tubing - 16mm borosilicate glass throughout (alphacool and mayhem's?)
---EKWB fittings, black nickel or something

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi all - new to the forum!

Has anyone mounted additional 3.5" drives to the top panels? I see web pages from way back in 2014 referencing this but they don't have images on them.

If you have done this or tried it: Any tips to make this happen? Any do's / dont's?

Photos would be awesome!

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm a new Core V1 owner, just registered to OC.net and got a question. Sorry if it's well discussed here but could not find an easy answer to it with the page search function.

So I'm about to buy a 6700 XT sometime in the future and wanted to know which cards to aim for (or which to trade for any card I can obtain..). My initial candidate was the Sapphire PULSE RX 6700 XT 12GB (260 mm length, 49 mm = 2.2 slot width) as I previously had great experience with the similarly sized Pulse RX 5500 XT in a different case. But after reading this thread a bit (3090 XC3 ULTRA with 45.9 mm width barely fitting) I came to the conclusion, that maybe a reference 6700 XT (267 mm length, 40 mm = 2 slots) would be a better choice because of specific width limitations for GPUs in V1. Any thoughts about it? Thanks in advance.

See my Ryzen 5 4650G build in question waiting for a GPU below (140 mm Noctua Redux used at the front, so no 200 mm stock fan in the way above 255 mm GPU length):
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Electrical wiring

· Registered
36 Posts
Hi, is it possible to put 4 3.5 HDD inside the case ?
Sorry for the late reply. I do not visit this forum as much as I use to.

The specs say 2 3.5 drives, 2 2.5 drives. Now I think with a little work you might be able to fit 4 3.5 but it wil be a tight fit and of course not knowing what else you have inside the case it is hard to tell. Drilling a extra hole here and there might fit the other 2 3.5 (of course the other 2 3.5 will fit on the right side of the case).

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi @ all,
i want to show you my project of my daugther´s core v1.
Here some specs:
Asrock B550M ITX AC; Ryzen 5 3600; 2x 8GB Balistix RGB white 3000Mhz; Enermax aquafusion 240 aio; Zotac GTX1060 6GB; and of course lot of RGBs for more Fps😂

First some older pics with the amd Prism cooler.
Electronic instrument Gadget Entertainment Audio equipment Ventilation fan
Purple Entertainment Visual effect lighting Violet Performing arts

Then i wanted to upgrade this case with a 240 aio, which normally does not fit.
Rectangle Wood Flooring Gas Font
Rectangle Hood Font Circle Flooring
Rectangle Wood Textile Grey Floor
Ventilation fan Automotive tire Electric fan Automotive design Wheel
Plant Houseplant Flowerpot Wood Automotive design

And finally here the result😎
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Trunk Automotive exterior
Purple Entertainment Gadget Gas Electric blue

Sorry for my bad english, if you found some grammar fails, you can keep them🤪

Greetings from old Germany

Attachments

· Registered
36 Posts
Hi @ all,
i want to show you my project of my daugther´s core v1.
Here some specs:
Asrock B550M ITX AC; Ryzen 5 3600; 2x 8GB Balistix RGB white 3000Mhz; Enermax aquafusion 240 aio; Zotac GTX1060 6GB; and of course lot of RGBs for more Fps😂

First some older pics with the amd Prism cooler.
View attachment 2524810 View attachment 2524811

Then i wanted to upgrade this case with a 240 aio, which normally does not fit.

And finally here the result😎
View attachment 2524821 View attachment 2524822

Sorry for my bad english, if you found some grammar fails, you can keep them🤪

Greetings from old Germany
Very nice and super clean :) . I like how the white really brings out the RGB color more than if you used the black case.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone!

I have been following the forum for quite some time now and was on the lookout for a Core V1 since it's quite rare to find nowadays, however, I was able to score one late last year and here is the build I put together!

Specs:
Intel Core i7-8700K 6C/12T w/ Noctua NH-U12S Cooler
ASRock B365M ITX Motherboard
MSI GTX 1660 Super GAMING X 6GB GDDR6
Kingston HyperX Fury 2x16GB RAM @2666 Mhz
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro
Seasonic FOCUS GX-850W 80+ Gold PSU
Thermaltake Core V1 Case w/ Noctua NF-A20 & 2xNF-A8 Fans

The objective of the build was to be able to fit it in an IKEA KALLAX Shelf rotated at 90 degrees that is working as a TV stand, and to overall create a clean and stealthy look in the room.

One thing worth pointing out is you will notice in the screenshots below that the Noctua NH-U12S Cooler is too high for the Core V1, however after having a look at the video below, I was able to 3D print a top cover with increased height that replaced the acrylic one.

Video in question:

Top Cover Upgrade:

Original build was with i5-8500 and 2x8GB HyperX White RAM, after a month I upgraded to i7-8700K and 2x16GB HyperX Black RAM

Temperatures(closed case while in the KALLAX shelf):
i5-8500 - Cinebench R20 10 minute loop - 55c
i5-8700K - Cinebench R20 10 minute loop - 70c
B365M ITX while powering the i7 in Cinebench 10 minute loop - 50c
MSI GTX 1660 Super GAMING X - Gaming at 99% Utilization for an hour - 66-70c

Screenshots:
Musical instrument Wood Audio equipment Gas Gadget

Hand Tablet computer Gesture Rectangle Grey

Gesture Rectangle Wood Dishware Serveware

Tableware Rectangle Gadget Dishware Serveware
Output device Gadget Netbook Rectangle Gesture

Hand Rectangle Gesture Wood Gadget

Netbook Tablet computer Wood Gadget Rectangle

Rectangle Electronic instrument Audio equipment Curtain Gas
Passive circuit component Circuit component Personal computer Computer Computer cooling
Wood Gas Machine Auto part Hardwood
Light Window Sky Wood Tree
Motor vehicle Automotive design Wood Bumper Automotive wheel system
Musical instrument Purple Floor Flooring Electronic instrument
Purple Automotive lighting Hood Gadget Violet
Gas Electrical wiring Machine Audio equipment Computer hardware
Computer Furniture Personal computer Computer desk Desk

· Registered
1 Posts
Message for everyone trying to fit 2.5 slot GPU.

I managed to do that, Ive put MSI 6600XT Gaming X (50mm thick), but I had to remove vertical corner bar to put GPU not from the top, but from the side of V1.
After removing some of this rail, wchich was locking side panel on frame corner bar I will be able to fully close my PC.
Front panel is overlaping some part of GPU fan cover, but not fan itself.

Attachments

· Registered
5,325 Posts
Well for the last several months I've been trying with a 3080 Ti FE in this case:

Turns out its been running at just PCI-E 4x all this time :(

So the the little chipboard at the front of the case prevents being able to try and rock the GPU into the slot, and trying to get it in bent my board.

New case and new board soon anyway, believe me I've spent countless attempts trying to get the GPU fully into the slot.

· Registered
5,325 Posts
Thanks for update! I was thinking about getting this card...
I was able to get it to 8x after some effort but scratched the bottom of the shroud over the front chipboard:

So general advice was to loosen the motherboard and then retighten the screws after GPU installation, you can't do that because the GPU blocks the bottom screws on ITX.

But I realized the front fan was also blocking it, so I tried removing it, but it still wasn't enough for full installation as when the card is behind the i/o panel chipboard, its also at an angle to the slot. Fan went back on after, but basically the GPU will not go all the way in with the I/O panel underneath the front. My 1080 Ti AIB model slotted down perfectly behind the front chipboard.

New case for main system early dec, and this board goes ina lian li air mini after.

2161 - 2180 of 2181 Posts