·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was built on everyone's beloved Source engine back in 2004. It's an FPS/RPG based on the Vampire: The Masquerade saga. You take on the role of a vampire class of your choosing, there's about 7 or 8 to choose from each with their own unique abilities, perks, and disadvantages. It has dialogue interaction like those found in Fallout 3 that affect the outcome of the game, lots of guns and cool vampire powers to use, and you can feast upon civilians.

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
It's a great game, easily in my top 5 all time favorites... Some useful links:

Planet Vampire

Mod DB VtmB

A couple of the mods look really promising(companion mod is highly rated I'll start there), I might just have to reinstall the game for nostalgia's sake.

·
Registered
423 Posts
One of my all time favorites, which I still play.

Glad somebody made an official thread here to spread the word of it's awesomeness.

ps. Plenty of great mods available over at Planet Vampire.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That game is fantastic. You really owe it to yourself to play it if you are a fan of RPGs. It's available on steam for $20, quite a steal.

I'm going to have to pick it up again, my old roommate decided it was a good idea to give my copy away

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I remember reading about this when I was a console gamer and was jelouse that I couldn't play it.

Are there any graphical update mods such as higher rez textures?

Can anyone post some screen shots? Can't get on youtube or gaming websites at lunch.

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
TBH, I originally bumped this thread after searching for an *unofficial* vtmb thread. Hopefully the OP can keep this thread updated...

The reason being? Well the handful of mods I spotted at first. But even more noteworthy, there has been an effort to build a sdk/port to HL2 source engine. It actually looks like they're making some progress too. Who knows, it might be useful to help get the word out. From what I've seen they need help with coding, decompiling the original models, ect.

http://forums.thedaedalus.net/

I think the converted map for the "diner" from santa monica looks pretty good. A few pics(more at the forums):

Attachment 119353

Attachment 119354

I'm fairly stoked, I haven't seen anything noteworthy for VtmB in some time... If they can actually port the entire game into the source engine then the modding potential is limitless.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
*bump*

I was just about to do the haunted house level for that crazy chick until my laptop died.

Quote:

I'm fairly stoked, I haven't seen anything noteworthy for VtmB in some time... If they can actually port the entire game into the source engine then the modding potential is limitless

You have me confused now. The original game is already built with the Source engine.

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibbz
View Post

*bump*

I was just about to do the haunted house level for that crazy chick until my laptop died.

Damn, I guess your laptop got scared and pooped itself out...

Quote:

You have me confused now. The original game is already built with the Source engine.

You're partially correct. They used an alpha version of the source engine which IIRC valve guaranteed them 0 support/help with. Also, Troika heavily modified the engine to suit their needs but never released a SDK or any dev tools whatsoever... Basically Troika's heavily modified alpha version and the "real" source engine are not compatible.

On another note, there are a couple new additions to the modding scene:

VtMB "Camarilla edition"

VtMB "Clan quest mod"

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Wesp's unofficial patch does more than fix bugs, it restores missing and broken content... To name a couple - at character creation you can now select a history which will affect attributes and/or disciplines also he added a 64 bit installer. Just recently he found some unused skins/models! That opens the door for more custom NPCs down the line. Wesp's been at it for years, his contribution to the game has been huge.

My favorite clans are a three way tie.

Malks - Tremere - Toreadors

Playing a malk for the first time was like playing an entirely new game, the dialogs were awesome.

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Magix
View Post

Which is which again?

Actually the Voerman "sisters", or daughters of Janus as a malk character would refer to them, were dual personalities in one body... Split personality disorder is one of the many afflictions tied to Malk "blood". However, it's speculated that her split personality - Jeanette - was devised long before she became a vamp as a coping mechanism to deal with her father's sexual abuse... It is also presumed that during one of the "encounters" with her father the Theresa persona came out and then she killed him.

-EDIT-

Sorry for the rambling tangent... To answer your question, Theresa was the stuck up B intent on becoming the baroness of Santa Monica and Jeanette was the freak show(If you were nice to her and had a high level of seduce you could also "get with her").

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterKromm View Post
Actually the Voerman "sisters", or daughters of Janus as a malk character would refer to them, were dual personalities in one body... Split personality disorder is one of the many afflictions tied to Malk "blood". However, it's speculated that her split personality - Jeanette - was devised long before she became a vamp as a coping mechanism to deal with her father's sexual abuse... It is also presumed that during one of the "encounters" with her father the Theresa persona came out and then she killed him.
Yeah I know
I was a malk when I played. FUN FUN FUN stuff

1 - 20 of 160 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.