Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Wargame Red Dragon is the 3rd title in the spectacular Wargame series of real-time strategy games created by Eugen Systems. The series quickly became a new reference point in the RTS genre, beginning with European Escalation, and then its direct sequel, AirLand Battle.

Wargame Red Dragon retains the same core game mechanics that have made the series so successful, but the action leaves Europe for the first time and moves to a conflict in Asia between 1975 and 1991.

Wargame Red Dragon once again stretches the limits of the RTS genre, including: dynamic and tense gameplay that demands strategic vision and depth; a spectacular and realistic visual experience; new features such as the warships and maritime units; a perfected dynamic campaign system and much more.
- From Focus Interactive site.

Open beta began today! Already play Red Dragon? Looking for a new RTS to play? You've come to the right place.
This game is definitely worth a checking out if you're into RTS and warfare. I've been playing frequently, jump on the ocn teamspeak for a teammate from time to time!
thumb.gif
post-flame-small.gif

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Well the last couple games were great

If you remember World in Conflict its basically a spiritual successor in many ways, Lots of units lots of fun, fairly pretty and well optimized too

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha d0ctor View Post

Does anyone else play this or it is just me?
I haven't in a while now but I've been thinking about patching it and giving it a go again. Sure is a fun game if you aren't being obliterated on multiplayer. My problem is I want to play it with more realistic strategies than what is used by most players and end up getting destroyed by zerg tactics that really don't seem fun to use.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
I purchased this game on impulse because I wanted an RTS game with good graphics and fun gameplay, but NOT one like StarCraft. It seems the game received positive reviews, but nobody on these forums plays it... Why not? It is too hard when it comes to MP? Can it be played co-op against PC or other enemies or is it 1v1? Is there a good guide on how to play this game? This would be my first WarGame...

I also hope the graphics are good and hopefully my rig can handle it @ 4K!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post

I purchased this game on impulse because I wanted an RTS game with good graphics and fun gameplay, but NOT one like StarCraft. It seems the game received positive reviews, but nobody on these forums plays it... Why not? It is too hard when it comes to MP? Can it be played co-op against PC or other enemies or is it 1v1? Is there a good guide on how to play this game? This would be my first WarGame...

I also hope the graphics are good and hopefully my rig can handle it @ 4K!
Not sure why it's not popular around here. I play if every once in a while still. You can play VS A.I. or other players, or you can setup a co-op game. It does have a bit of a learning curve over other RTS games because all the units are modeled realistically.

My main problem with it is the combat seems to move too quickly even when playing easy A.I's for me to learn and adapt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts