1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
maybe this will be able to help me hit 4.0+

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
An exciting contribution here! This is legit from AMD, folks.

I can't wait to get my own AM3 Dragon system up and running now!

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
the amount of threads this will save is unreal. some good info they didn't miss out much. sticky this now

·
Registered
351 Posts
I agree. I just did my first build and half the info I was looking for I either bounced between a few threads here or had to google a few things in terms of voltage settings.

Everyone here was very helpful which I appreciate and why I joined but having all the info consolidated in one place is nice from a convenience factor, and directly from the source which is key as well.

Good marketing move on their part to to try and appease their target audience. Intel may have the overall performance but in terms of being able to get comparable performance through customization and significantly fewer dollars is key and pretty fun I must add. Value/Price ratio is where its at. Only means better products and support for us.

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
For sure I'll include this in the upcoming (and still in-progress -- your AMD Editor is a slow-mo Joe, unfortunately) AMD SuperSticky.

·
Premium Member
12,928 Posts
maybe in the cpu section tho, gets alot more traffic

·
Banned
3,774 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottath
View Post

thanks for this
+rep

The voltage perameters on this were on test samples. If you look at our club overclocks, they are not close to their settings. I would not use this for a quick guide.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Quote:

The CPU NorthBridge (CPU NB) clock speed determines the efficiency and bandwidth capacity of the Memory controller. L3 cache runs at this frequency as well. CPU NB performance tuning gives a measurable boost for overall system performance. In particular it can reduce the Memory latency and improve L3 cache bandwidth and latency.

Interesting that the NB is connected to the L3-cache. If there is EDC on the L3 it would explain why some NB overclocks are so quirky. It definitely explains why NB is such a contributing factor, as L3 runs at approx. 55 cycles latency it's pretty important to lower that.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey folks quick question,
i just wonder if the "dragon platform" only applies if you have a 47xx or 48xx series gpu?
i have a 790fx mobo
PhII 965
and a 5770 <- if this was 47/48xx would it be considered a dragon platform then?

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yummybar
View Post

Hey folks quick question,
i just wonder if the "dragon platform" only applies if you have a 47xx or 48xx series gpu?
i have a 790fx mobo
PhII 965
and a 5770 <- if this was 47/48xx would it be considered a dragon platform then?

Specifically, a Dragon system is Phenom II x4 & 4 HD4800 GPU's (in any combination)

But this guide doesn't really require you to have an HD4800 card.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot
View Post

Specifically, a Dragon system is Phenom II x4 & 4 HD4800 GPU's (in any combination)

But this guide doesn't really require you to have an HD4800 card.

4x HD4800? lol thats a lot of video power there
Thanks =] +rep

1 - 20 of 28 Posts