Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buying locally from CL for $680

I'm stoked!

It's a shame they can't be jailbroken though. Mine is unlocked btw

My laptop is a bit too bulky for my lap so this tablet will be sweet.

I also love apple and iOS so I'm going to be pleasantly expecting a good experience with it.

Anyone else have 3G and wifi as well?

Jam3s
 

·
Skating Enthusiast
Joined
·
8,163 Posts
Nice!

You can jailbreak it. Just use JailbreakMe, although it won't be long before Apple patches the PDF exploit they're using.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet. I was unaware of a jailbreak for the iPad 2


Yeah I get it on Monday.

Still debating on whether to get the 16GB wifi or the 32GB 3G and Wifi for 100 bucks more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,288 Posts
Jailbrake came out two days ago. Easiest jailbreak ever. Just remember to repatch the pdf exploit after jailbreaking it as it is a security risk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Citra
View Post

Jailbrake came out two days ago. Easiest jailbreak ever. Just remember to repatch the pdf exploit after jailbreaking it as it is a security risk.

how does one go about doing this, or can I just go without doing it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by jam3s
View Post

sweet. I was unaware of a jailbreak for the iPad 2


Yeah I get it on Monday.

Still debating on whether to get the 16GB wifi or the 32GB 3G and Wifi for 100 bucks more.

Go 32...I filled up 16 GB real fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will do that then
I have at least 11GB of music so it would serve me well if I ever wanted to load movies on to it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really love apple (have an iPhone 4) and I am quite fond of iOS so I'm pretty sure I won't regret mine.

I will use it primarily for netflix, games, and other apps, while being able to use on my lap for multitasking and browsing
wink.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,923 Posts
Congrats on the future purchase.


Currently loving my 32GB Wi-Fi 3G model.

I recommend a nice protective cover other than the Smart Cover that is currently offered.

I ended up getting a Brookstone portfolio/tablet cover that has a BT keyboard. It really works well for my situation and needs, and the keyboard is just large enough the type properly...a fine balance imho.

Enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Syr! Long time no see man


The seller on CL is including a case but not sure which one. I'm positive it's not a smart cover. Is the keyboard worth investing in? I actually toyed with just the touch keyboard and loved it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,288 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by jam3s
View Post

how does one go about doing this, or can I just go without doing it?

It is highly reccomended since it's a security risk and it must be installed manually. Search PDF Patcher on Cydia, install it and you are good to go.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,923 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by jam3s
View Post

Thanks Syr! Long time no see man


The seller on CL is including a case but not sure which one. I'm positive it's not a smart cover. Is the keyboard worth investing in? I actually toyed with just the touch keyboard and loved it.

long time indeed, Jam3s.


The touch keyboard is really rather good, and yeah the feedback is solid, imho.

If you happen to have a Brookstone nearby, check 'em out as the cover/KB are designed for the iPad specifically and the fit and finish are top-notch, and I wanted full coverage/protection.

I suppose most peeps aren't as quirky as me when it comes to protecting their toys... but then again most people probably aren't as klutzy as I am.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,996 Posts
ipad's are nice and what not

but where the sd card slot or other removable media

I mean only 32gb
how are you going to keep all your hd moves and tv shows on it
not much room there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Citra
View Post

It is highly reccomended since it's a security risk and it must be installed manually. Search PDF Patcher on Cydia, install it and you are good to go.

Will do, thanks and +rep

Quote:


Originally Posted by Syrillian
View Post

long time indeed, Jam3s.


The touch keyboard is really rather good, and yeah the feedback is solid, imho.

If you happen to have a Brookstone nearby, check 'em out as the cover/KB are designed for the iPad specifically and the fit and finish are top-notch, and I wanted full coverage/protection.

I suppose most peeps aren't as quirky as me when it comes to protecting their toys... but then again most people probably aren't as klutzy as I am.


hahah, you klutz! I will definitely check it out


Quote:


Originally Posted by 3dfxvoodoo
View Post

ipad's are nice and what not

but where the sd card slot or other removable media

I mean only 32gb
how are you going to keep all your hd moves and tv shows on it
not much room there

You're right, it's one of the downfalls, but for me, I think it's worth it.

32GB might not be much but I can't afford a 64GB haha
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top