Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my response / question from another thread, and am curious about the answer to the questions about offset voltage

Wow you actually responded to me, I'm impressed, and gratefully appreciate the advice, i was on the phone with gigabyte, and they suggest to set bclk to auto but i have it set to 100, and was stable for 12 hours straight prime 95, so i'm not to worried. I have one more question for you, just to be sure , when i ran prime 95, and I know i disabled all power saving features and also set power option to high in windows, when i woke up the next morning my screen had went black maybe to sleep, anyway my question is this, since the power saving features were turned off in bios did my CPU down clock while sleeping and when awake saw prime 95 still running no errors, does this mean where i'm safe where i'm at. I also was concerned about my voltage offset. Seems really crazy what i have it set to. In my motherboard it offers only 3 options for changing voltage. Auto which is a nightmare for setting voltages. manual by typing in a number, If i do this my voltage will not down clock when power saving features are enabled. Lastly a setting called normal which then unlocks the offset voltage section of bios. I can then enter in offset voltages, I have had to set mine as high as negative -0.110. This seems high to other forums i have looked at , and at that level my voltage is still around 1.28 , 1.3 on load. Does this sound like a normal process to what my settings are at, or have i done something terrible wrong. My PLL over voltage is set to disabled since i'm only at 4.2, and i want this option for offset because my voltage will decrease when not in use with power savings.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Easy enough question for us tech folks. I have
nzxt phantom case white
COOLER MASTER Seidon 120M RL-S12M-24PK-R1 Water Cooler
i5 2500k - 4.2
corsair vengance 1600mhz ram 9-9-9-24
ocz vertex 4 250gb
segate momentus 3tb 7200 secondary drive
corsair tx750m power supply enthusiast series
gigabyte z77x-ud5h bios f14 first revision motherboard
gigabyte gtx 670 windforce gpu

·
Registered
210 Posts
Take a screen shot of your BIOS, use a thumb drive plug it in before you power on your pc. Go into BIOS and hit f12. If you post them here someone may be able to check to see if everything is set right. It sounds like your LLC is set too high, but we can't know if we don't see it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts