1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by alpinesix
Nice case, are you going to get it?
for £300 i think not....unless they will take a kidney in exchange.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
That thing must have sweet ass ventilation, it has about 8+ case fans and is huge, imagine having than mother underneath your desk.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy
That thing must have sweet ass ventilation, it has about 8+ case fans and is huge, imagine having than mother underneath your desk.

Yup 7x120mm fans and 2x80mm fans i think.

I want one

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms
for £300 i think not....unless they will take a kidney in exchange.
Whatca on about, tis £211...still expensive, but better than 300

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin
Whatca on about, tis £211...still expensive, but better than 300

You sure u got the right one...the only UK place i could find to get it (with all the pretty fans and such) was selling it for around £300.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
How about building a case such as this...

There is a program called Sketchup which I have been reading about in my fav mag Custom PC and they are doing a step by step guide on designing a case such as this.

I have alredy seen a few cases similar to this design that have been built from scratch using metal for the frame and then perspex for the sides. I will try and find a pick of the one hat I am talking about.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

How about building a case such as this...

There is a program called Sketchup which I have been reading about in my fav mag Custom PC and they are doing a step by step guide on designing a case such as this.

I have alredy seen a few cases similar to this design that have been built from scratch using metal for the frame and then perspex for the sides. I will try and find a pick of the one hat I am talking about.

It would be fairly easy if you had the tools i guess. But if you dont (like me) then i'm sure it would cost a small fortune to get the tools.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

It would be fairly easy if you had the tools i guess. But if you dont (like me) then i'm sure it would cost a small fortune to get the tools.

Im sure family members and hire shops would have them... I know I could easily go see soem of my uncles and get the tools needed. Im sure I could get them to help me build something like this...

Maybe I should get a copy of Sketchup and design a boxed case that can house 2 or 3 120mm fans a water cooling kit 4 stacked HDDs a couple of DVD/CD drives and all the other inerds.

Ummm... I think I may have to start another project then. I already have a HTPC project on the go so maybe I could do this one aswell and record my prgress in a thread on here with pics and what not.

I will cost it up later today for materials that I would need and sketch out a rough design.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

Im sure family members and hire shops would have them... I know I could easily go see soem of my uncles and get the tools needed. Im sure I could get them to help me build something like this...

Maybe I should get a copy of Sketchup and design a boxed case that can house 2 or 3 120mm fans a water cooling kit 4 stacked HDDs a couple of DVD/CD drives and all the other inerds.

Ummm... I think I may have to start another project then. I already have a HTPC project on the go so maybe I could do this one aswell and record my prgress in a thread on here with pics and what not.

I will cost it up later today for materials that I would need and sketch out a rough design.

Fancy building me one that looks like that? I'll pay you (but not £300)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo2776

Ouch, $400

Guess i can still dream...

yeh ouch for $400 that converts cheaper for us. £300 for us is about $500

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

You sure u got the right one...the only UK place i could find to get it (with all the pretty fans and such) was selling it for around £300.

Ah so. Was just converting $$$ into £££, typical US websites, won't ship overseas

EDIT: oops, they do ship overseas
wonder how much they'd charge then? Might be cheaper than buying it here xms...

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
ive seen that case and thought of buying it....but it got a bad review, because it opens in 2 peices, and is hard because of all the fan connectors. but other then that its awsum...but then theres the size and wieght of it

its like a frigging 2ft cube!!!!
but u could get 2 duoble heatercores in there....sweeet
but with a price of 400$...hmmm

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin
Ah so. Was just converting $$$ into £££, typical US websites, won't ship overseas

EDIT: oops, they do ship overseas
wonder how much they'd charge then? Might be cheaper than buying it here xms...
Yeah true....i'n not considering it tho. Its too much out of my price range for a case....the misus would go nuts if i got that.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123
ive seen that case and thought of buying it....but it got a bad review, because it opens in 2 peices, and is hard because of all the fan connectors. but other then that its awsum...but then theres the size and wieght of it

its like a frigging 2ft cube!!!!
but u could get 2 duoble heatercores in there....sweeet
but with a price of 400$...hmmm
Yes...two dual heatercores (or even a tripple black ice+dual heatercore) INSIDE a case would be totally amazing!!!

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Just been sourcing info on custom designs materials and a few small guides and I have come across some brilliant designs using Lubic Kits.

With one of these kits a boxed frame about the size of the case show in this thread is easily obtainable. Using either perspex or metal side panels and a few modded components from an old ATX case a simple design could be made.

Lubic Kit P3519 = £54.95

The hardest part would be the perspex cutting... One mistake and thats money down the toilet.

I think for a decent case the price would be a little over £140... But thats just for the frame and perspex.

I think creating the frame from scratch would be alot cheaper if sourcing good cheap metal or even wood.

Definetley a long and hard project but I think worth the effort.

I will stick this one in the fire and see what I can come up with for the cheapest ammount of cash.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts