Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Quote:

With the GeForce GTX 275 Lightning MSI shows a card where absolutely no compromises hae been made. The card should be faster and quieter than every other 275 GTX. The card is everything else but not reference design and especially the ten plus two phase power design should be able to convince enthusiasts and overclockers.

We'd like to thank MSI for providing us with the testsample.

Quote:

General

With its high quality power design and the dynamically controlled phases the GTX 275 Lighning can save power or perform better than any other GTX 275 on the market. Using a custom cooler, which unfortunately could have a better polished ground plate, the card is also more silent than other products on the market.

Delivery

It is unusual that there are a DVI, HDMI and a VGA port. Normally you'd find two DVI's and a HDMI. Looking at the delivery it suits the quite high price but unfortunately you wont find a game included.

Performance

The performance is absolutely amazing for a GTX 275. In some tests it is even able to outperform a GTX 285. What we definitely can say is that the MSI GTX 275 Lightning is the fastet 275 ever built.

Overclocking

At this point the values speak clear words: 800 MHz GPU clock with the standard aircooler. The power design MSI developed really squeezes all potential out of the G200b. Therefore MSI shows very clearly how important the power design is for a graphics card.

Recommendation

Unmisunderstandingly this GTX 275 is built for overclocking. No wonder it holds the actual world record for GPU clock rates with 1375 MHz. This card really is a gem and a dream for overclocking this is why we recommend it to PC-enthusiasts or overclockers.

Source

Something about that picture really humors me.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Open1Your1Eyes0
View Post

Something about that picture really humors me.

Dat video card?

·
Artist
2,683 Posts
I like the way MSI is building their reputation to have quality, high-performing products such as this. The GTX 275 can still hold its own. Love to see some SLI benches.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I guess they wanted a pic that made the card look "cool"

Just from the quoted text, there is obviously one compromise that hae been made - the heat sink is not lapped. As long as it is not glued to the card with solid epoxy TIM, the lack of a mirror finish would not effect my decision to pick one of these up for a folding rig.

The 275 has double the CUDA capability relative to the 260, and if this one is significantly cheaper than a 285 it will be a gem. I'm glad more 275's are being produced.

I hope the drivers know how to use that presumably expensive power regulation circuitry - lack of voltage regulation seems to be the issue holding back the GPUs I currently use.

I'm not a big fan of MSI due to explosively defective motherboards I've encountered, but this card's release makes me happy

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
Hmm, everywhere I look this card is on backorder. Really curious as to a price as I'm looking for a nice folding card(s) and ones that can still play a game or two

1 - 8 of 8 Posts