Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
They still make UltraX BH-5...

·
Premium Member
5,141 Posts
DDR production of high end modules has been changing for the past 6 months with the then move towards 1Gb modules and greater focus on DDR2.

The TCCD and BH modules have become EOL due to availablity of the appropiate rating chips that could meet GeIL's specifciations. There are prob. still some stocks available with other manufactuer's who may have a larger stock holding, or will speed bin their chips at a lower speficiation.

Look for the new release of the GeIL DDR500 modules with the Emperor chips which are performing very well - est. price around $140-150 2x512Mb

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Damn, I guess I got mine at a good times lol...4x512 tccd ram but doesn't matter, can't seem to get 2.0 even stable I suck at overclocking...

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by splat00n

Damn, I guess I got mine at a good times lol...4x512 tccd ram but doesn't matter, can't seem to get 2.0 even stable I suck at overclocking...

Ummm...you have a GREAT resource about overlcoking at your finger tips

Anyhoo, this BLOWS. Me and bigval figured out what we think are the perfect settings to get me to hopefully 3.0 stable.

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Well you can just watch what the DDR market does in the next couple of months.. Im sure some company will see this gap and put out something good.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Mumbles

It seems almost as though an age is coming to an end

Gee ya think? lol.

I hope DDR2 starts getting tighter timings FAST to truly win over the AMD crowd, who could disagree with me that DDR 2 is superior with its lower voltages, higher speeds, higher bandwidth and etc. Now if only they could get it at something like 2-2-2 timings that would be AWESOME.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
I Love my GEiL ONE. Too bad about being discontinued...they did a long time ago. G.Skill is still making tccd chips though aren't they? Try them boys out.

·
Registered
886 Posts
If anyone wants some GeIL one BH-5 (cas 1.5), I have a certain source! They have 2-5 kits in stock!

They are out of the TCCD version though, with no ETA so that's definatly gone.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remonster

Gee ya think? lol.

I hope DDR2 starts getting tighter timings FAST to truly win over the AMD crowd, who could disagree with me that DDR 2 is superior with its lower voltages, higher speeds, higher bandwidth and etc. Now if only they could get it at something like 2-2-2 timings that would be AWESOME.

There's a lot of peole that would. Amd systems are not nearly as limited by bandwith problems like intels systems. Tighter timings are much more paramount for amd.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts