Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
No u
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have seen, I need to make many folder adjustments etc with -gpu0, -gpu1 etc

1. Would I need to use Dummy plugs with Windows XP?
2. I will have a duel-core, 4x 8800GS's, Will an Antec Earth 500 watts suffice?
3. Between Vista and Xp, is there any difference in PPD at all? I know kinda weird question since its based off the GPU's.
4. Could I install all the GPU's at once, install the drivers, or do I need to install one card, one by one?
5. Is most of the PPD produced by the Shader clock on the Nvidia cards and memory/core clocking are not much affected by PPD?

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
1. From what I've read, Dummy plugs are not needed with XP.
2. What psu specifically?
3. Not sure.
4. Not sure.
5. Shader clock and core clock affect the PPD. I don't believe memory clock plays a role in folding.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by savagebunny View Post
As I have seen, I need to make many folder adjustments etc with -gpu0, -gpu1 etc

1. Would I need to use Dummy plugs with Windows XP?
2. I will have a duel-core, 4x 8800GS's, Will an Antec Earth watts suffice?
3. Between Vista and Xp, is there any difference in PPD at all? I know kinda weird question since its based off the GPU's.
4. Could I install all the GPU's at once, install the drivers, or do I need to install one card, one by one?
5. Is most of the PPD produced by the Shader clock on the Nvidia cards and memory/core clocking are not much affected by PPD?
IIRC
1. I prefer the dummy plug as you are not trying to trick either OS into thinking something is there.
2. As stated need to know the wattage
3. Same PPD
4. Install all at once then load drivers
5. Shader, then memory, then core affects PPD in that order with Shader being the main one.

BTW cannot wait to see your results!!!

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tufelhunden
View Post

IIRC
1. I prefer the dummy plug as you are not trying to trick either OS into thinking something is there.
2. As stated need to know the wattage
3. Same PPD
4. Install all at once then load drivers
5. Shader, then memory, then core affects PPD in that order with Shader being the main one.

BTW cannot wait to see your results!!!

Wait! Memory does affect PPD?

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wire
View Post

Wait! Memory does affect PPD?

Yepper, Shader makes the largest differnece and I mean by far. Memory is second and the core is not much.

·
No u
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by savagebunny
View Post

it would be the Antec Earth 500 watts, the ones Nitteo runs, I should of put that in there >.>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts