Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea...

I got a bt and because its so big i have a case fan like flush up against it, and you know what they say about side case fans.. they suck inwards and i thought a CPU fan blows???

So that kind of defeats the object doesnt it?

·
Old Timer
4,895 Posts
Well, the side case fan should be blowing air into your computer, directly at your motherboard, and the BT should be blowing air down, through the fins, directly at your motherboard. So, they should each be blowing the same way.

• Rep+
Reactions: Sin100

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
The BT fan should blow towards the mobo and the side fan should blow towards the inside of the case.

• Rep+

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sin100
View Post

Yea...

I got a bt and because its so big i have a case fan like flush up against it, and you know what they say about side case fans.. they suck inwards and i thought a CPU fan blows???

So that kind of defeats the object doesnt it?

Both are doing the same, aren't they?

• Rep+

·
Premium Member
10,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh ok thanks, well put my hand under the copper pipes and felt very little air and put my hand on top of the fan and felt loads but oh well, i think it is blowing downwards, thanks

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
In my case my BT Blows DOWN onto the motherboard. Since your side fan is right onto your BT i'd have that as in intake into your BT, should actually work well.

• Rep+
1 - 7 of 7 Posts