Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone help me here.

When I first start playing a 1080p/blu ray clip from youtube, it plays very very choppy. Cpu utilization goes to 100 consistently, and the entire thing plays like sh***T.

Then, after I play it again from begining, it plays flawlessly. Cpu utilization maxes out at 70, this is after the clip is fully downloaded.

I have a good internet connection and I see that the pink downloaded bar is ALWAYS way ahead of the play point, but as long as it is still buffering the clip, it is choppy.

What is the problem here ? How could I resolve this issue?

·
Opinion8r
1,129 Posts
Update flash...

Move your browser cache to RAM...?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroNarcosis
View Post

Update flash...

Move your browser cache to RAM...?

I have the latest updates in every thing, including flash, bios, drivers, windows updates.

Ill try the browser cache to ram. Is 1 gig enough?

·
Registered
298 Posts
shouldnt need to do that, i get 10% cpu usage here on latest chrome stable (which comes with latest flash) if flash and gpu drivers are up to date and hardware acceleration in flash is enabled (is by default) it should be fine :S

·
Registered
424 Posts
Are you sure it's not your internet? Dunno if it's Chop from playback, or just loading from Youtube and the buffer is used up.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ears1991
View Post

shouldnt need to do that, i get 10% cpu usage here on latest chrome stable (which comes with latest flash) if flash and gpu drivers are up to date and hardware acceleration in flash is enabled (is by default) it should be fine :S

His Tri-SLI GTX 280 doesn't support hardware acceleration.

·
Premium Member
13,425 Posts
I posted in your other thread about this you mult-threader!

·
Premium Member
13,425 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
yeah i would check those 2 things i said.
open a youtube video. right click the video and click settings. then click on the first tab and make sure hardware acceleration is checked.
then depending on amd or nvidia control panel whichever card you have check mark where it says apply to internet video or enable gpu acceleration.

·
Premium Member
13,425 Posts
He's the miggity miggity miggity multi- threader.

Other topic is hot though, good info.

• Rep+
Reactions: FXTOi7

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hehe sorry about that. I figured the amd pros would know more about why a amd cpu was hitting high 90s and that this forum was just the wrong place to post it.. a little late.

Problem pretty much solved if anyone is interested in following it up, in the amd forums.

·
Premium Member
13,425 Posts
Funny how it got so much more attention in that area though. 9+ pages of god stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts