Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
3,124 Posts
Looks a good start. Personally, I'd recommend high end air cooling over the Big Water. The Thermaltake Big Typhoon will probably outperform it, is virtually silent and is a lot less expensive. It is very large though, so if this doesn't appeal the Thermaltake XP-120 is an excellent Heatsink. Just needs a decent fan on it like a Thermaltake Thunderblade 120mm.

With the money you save there you could put this towards a better quality psu. Seasonic 500 or 600W, Sunbeam Nuuo 550W or an OCZ Powerstream 520W are all good choices and will give better stability, especially when overclocking.

· Premium Member
3,124 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Allen

If it will do just as good or better im all for it i was realy just wonting to go for that water cooled look. But i would rather take the performance over the water ..you know.. so better or not???

If you want watercooling, I'd go with custom water cooling, but that will cost quite a bit more. The BigWater kits tend to be an entry level system and don't offer particularly good performance. If it's a choice between that and high end air, then I'd take high end air every time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.